More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:48:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Okay, Where are my BV Neighborhoods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Okay, Where are my BV Neighborhoods?  (Read 5591 times)
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
Okay, Where are my BV Neighborhoods?
« on: 2008 May 31, 13:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to add the destinations that came with Bon Voyage (Twikkii Island, Three Lakes, Taki-something Village) and I didn't see them. Instead it said that I already had added them. So, I exit out and went to see if I actually did have them because I do not remember me adding them. They still are not there. I did this same process again and I still couldn't find them.
I have to admit, I did download some empty templates but I thought they only got rid of the townies showing up in your neighborhood's Sim bin. I have the same things for Nightlife and Open For Buisness. I can still add Downtown and Blue Water Village.
Another issue is that my Pleasant View is gone as well. When I had to re-install my game, Strangetown and Veronaville showed (Which I too had downloaded empty templates for), and Pleasant View was gone. Every time I reinstall I play a "Vanilla" game. Can someone please help me. I must admit, its not really important because I seldom take my Sims on vacations and I like playing my own neighborhoods. But, my Sim found all these maps(figures it happens as soon as something goes wrong with the actual neighborhoods they pertain to) and I want to see Big Foot, dammit Angry!
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: Okay, Where are my BV Neighborhoods?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 31, 13:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always make secret lots in your custom neighbourhoods:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=185668

I'm pretty sure losing neighbourhoods, etc. is not a result of your clean templates. Sounds like a bad reinstall. All I can suggest is to uninstall/reinstall base and BV, but someone more knowledgeable than I might have a better idea.
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 31, 13:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick. I guess I was used to recieving slow answers unless I type the word "BENES!" in the subject line Roll Eyes...
 I thought you couldn't make your own secret lots. Thanks for the tutorial!
 I suspected it is a bad reinstall because I just recently had to reinstall my games. (Sigh) Another reinstall does not sound good to me.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 01, 08:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick. I guess I was used to recieving slow answers unless I type the word "BENES!" in the subject line Roll Eyes...
 I thought you couldn't make your own secret lots. Thanks for the tutorial!
 I suspected it is a bad reinstall because I just recently had to reinstall my games. (Sigh) Another reinstall does not sound good to me.
If you didn't do it yet try going into EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/ and deleting NeighborhoodManager.package. The game should regenerate that on next run.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 01, 08:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you didn't do it yet try going into EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/ and deleting NeighborhoodManager.package. The game should regenerate that on next run.

*Kazzandra smacks self in face!*

I should have thought of that! Yes, it would also explain why uninstall/reinstall isn't working because the problem lies with your user files, which you are backing up, not the core files itself.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 24, 16:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bumping to say I have the same problem, and deleting the mentioned package doesn't work. Any other ideas, or is it down to cleaned up (holiday) templates?

Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 30, 18:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the problem - it's K&B! I tried an install less that SP and no problems with the holiday hoods at all.

*trots off to bug report form at EA...*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: