More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:11:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Bodyshop Items Won't Show Up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop Items Won't Show Up  (Read 18578 times)
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Bodyshop Items Won't Show Up
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 13, 22:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clutching at straws here, but any chance your custom clothes show up while in debug mode? You know, boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and Shift+N while in bodyshop.

ETA: By the way, what was the organizer you mentioned before? From what you've said so far, it seems to be the highest suspect.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 13, 23:00:46 by Cappuccino » Logged

Dive in!
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 13, 22:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also try regenerating the entire Documents/ EA Games/ Sims 2 folder again. Try some freshly downloaded items and make sure you enable custom content, disable the custom content dialog and then restart.
Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 14, 03:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cappuccino: Nope, boolprop doesn't make it work. And the program was Delphy's Download Organiser.   http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227925

Simsample: I tried that already.  Undecided

[insert nonawesome signature here]
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 14, 04:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Download Organizer since it came out and I've never had a problem with it.
All I can suggest is that you reclaim your games and reinstall :{

Download utorrent and install.
www.piratebay.org for the expansions you need.
Let utorrent manage your torrent files.
When it begins to seed...
Download Daemon Tools Lite. Install.
Right click on icon in taskbar, virtual cdrom. Device, mount image. Point it to the torrent you just downloaded.
Now get the nocd crack for your latest expansion from www.gamecopyworld.com. Replace latest EP's .exe with the new exe. No Securom.
Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 14, 18:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kazzandra: lol, I already have a mounting program. That's how I got all my eps installed. Cheesy

mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 June 16, 19:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem when I arrquired kitchen and bath. I had to go into the registry and change the settings from UK english to US english. The link with the instructions are around here somewhere. Doing that made my bs stuff show up again.  Smiley

Edit: Found the link http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8850.msg243198.html#msg243198
Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 June 18, 17:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mommytotwo: Okay, I'll try that when I get home. C:

Edit: That didn't work. :C
« Last Edit: 2008 June 19, 01:08:12 by kataangrl » Logged

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 June 20, 03:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you running the Body Shop for your latest EP?

Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 June 20, 03:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solowren: I never use bodyshop. xD They don't show up in game.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 June 20, 05:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you at least tried installing something new that you haven't used that Organizer to unpack?

All I can think at this point is to remove your Downloads folder to your Desktop, use the Bodyshop version that corresponds to your latest EP/SP to generate a new Downloads folder, and then download and install something new that you haven't used the Organiser to unpack. Don't worry about subfolders or anything yet, since it'll just be this one thing in the folder. Delete the cigen/accessories jazz before starting your game; then go into CAS and see if your new hair/lipstick/whatever appears. If it doesn't appear, I'm afraid a reinstall may be your only alternative at this point.

If it does work, though, try shutting down and adding one item from the Downloads folder on your Desktop (again a lipstick/hair/etc.), which you probably used the Organiser to unpack. Again, don't bother yet with subfolders. Boot & check out CAS. Are they both there? Than yay and try shutting down and putting those two into appropriate subfolders. Do they show up when in their subfolders? If so, start replacing more items. If, however, it's only the new and unOrganised download that's appearing, then the Organised items have been tainted in some way. Try unpacking a few and installing without using the Organiser.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 June 20, 08:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And on the reverse of that, can you upload something? A lipstick, anything you can't get to work. Just upload it somewhere (it might even fit here, I don't know), and I'll see if I can get it to show up (or anyone else can, obviously) Smiley
Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 June 25, 02:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liz: I tried that already  Sad
Arina: Here

* cloudlessnights_TSKidsShorts01.package (143.63 KB - downloaded 214 times.)

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 June 25, 06:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kataangrl. The signature. Cut it out. Did you not read the FAQs?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 June 25, 06:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there isn't anything about signatures in the FAQ yet.  I thought it was obvious that huge signatures were a problem.  Kataangrl, please have the courtesy to shrink your picture down to less than half its current height, or consider removing it entirely, for the sake of people on dial-up.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 June 25, 08:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From your brief answers it appears you've tried everything but a reinstall. So, what's left?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 June 25, 13:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liz: I tried that already  Sad
Arina: Here

Assuming this is meant to show up in one of the child clothing bins, it's broken - unless it's on a Maxis mesh from FT or an SP, none of which I have? (I know what a texture missing a custom mesh looks like, but I don't know if it would look the same for a missing game mesh - this just plain doesn't show up).

But as you've also tried content other people say is working, I'm afraid I've got no idea any more (I was hoping it would be just one or the other). I think you will have to reinstall Sad I hope that fixes it!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 June 25, 19:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there isn't anything about signatures in the FAQ Kataangrl, please have the courtesy to shrink your picture down to less than half its current height, or consider removing it entirely, for the sake of people on dial-up.

...and the rest of us who are just looking for something to poke with sticks and are now bored and annoyed with the repetitive image.

Also, be less weabo.  Tongue

Tribulatio proxima est
Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 June 25, 19:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

be less weabo.  Tongue

Weabo?  Huh

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 June 26, 11:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? You didn't just use a search engine to find the definition or the general gist of the word? You decided to post it back as a question?
Well, I don't know what you did to bork your game, but if that's any indication of your ability to be self-sufficient in the world of knowledge, then I am not surprised it broke in the first place.
Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 June 30, 14:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm at another computer right now. And I'm getting my arrr'd disks back (Yay Newsrover!   Tongue). But I'm having a problem on this computer too. The game doesn't recognize that I have Pets installed. It says, "You have uninstalled the Sims 2 Pets. If you continue, all pets will be removed from your neighborhood." But I checked the EA Games folder to look for Pets, and it was there. All I have is the CEP, and Insim.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 30, 15:10:47 by kataangrl » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: