More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:21:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How much is too much
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How much is too much  (Read 54804 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: How much is too much
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 01, 01:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's not what I meant .Iwant to know how to find which ones are spawning the icky meg do

I don't really know of a good way to be honest with you. If I just put a new hair or clothing in and get that then I know which one it is, otherwise it's near impossible to track down. Sad

I suppose you could try doing boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then shift N and then hover over it. That should give an internal name of the file which might help track it down but good luck. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 01, 02:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's not what I meant .Iwant to know how to find which ones are spawning the icky meg do

I don't really know of a good way to be honest with you. If I just put a new hair or clothing in and get that then I know which one it is, otherwise it's near impossible to track down. Sad

I suppose you could try doing boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then shift N and then hover over it. That should give an internal name of the file which might help track it down but good luck. Tongue
CleanPack did show me four hair dos thaat obviously were missing somthing one in each color as iinstead of showing hair I got a fuzzed picture .and definitely no hair as hair that includes the proper mesh actually resembles hair in the preview screen. so I removed the packages now I have SimPE doing a  full package scan that includes looking for base meshes

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 01, 02:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok so can simpe find out if a mesh is missing from a skin or vice versa?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 01, 02:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok so can simpe find out if a mesh is missing from a skin or vice versa?
yes

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 01, 02:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

know of a tutorial or would you mind explaining?

I am 25.

The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 01, 02:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

know of a tutorial or would you mind explaining?
go to Sim Pe and open it go to tools and click scan files at the bottom it has several options for Scanning simply tick off which actions you want sim pe to perform . if you  want it to be recursive tick off that box and click scan

KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 01, 02:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I feel a little greedy now... my download folder (encompassing bodyshop items, objects, hacks, careers, and walls/floors) currently totals 11 GB. I need a 12-step program. Honestly though, I'm happy with how my game plays (approx. 15 minute load time, another 2-3 minutes to get into the neighborhood, then it's smooth sailing from there) so I figure I won't worry about it. If it blows up in the proverbial visible-from-space fireball... well, I had a lot of fun getting it there. On another note, what does checking the recursive box in SimPe's scan folders do exactly? ~KG
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 01, 02:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, KLGFCG - I can only say I better put my sunglasses on now, since I will probably see the flames from here.  Wink
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 01, 02:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL-- get out the flame retardant suits... I'm fixing to blow up the planet with my downloads. It should be a pretty show. ~KG
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 01, 02:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How could anyone be happy with 15min load times? Gack, I would go insane and never get anything done.

Recursive: include subfolders of the selected folder in the scan.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 01, 03:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, mine are about 1.5 minutes, and I am impatient.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 01, 03:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol I would go insane too. My game takes about a minute and a half  to get started and another minute into the neighbourhood and 30 seconds into a house. That's better then it used to be because I upgraded to 768 megabytes of RAM.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 01, 03:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I feel a little greedy now... my download folder (encompassing bodyshop items, objects, hacks, careers, and walls/floors) currently totals 11 GB. I need a 12-step program. Honestly though, I'm happy with how my game plays (approx. 15 minute load time, another 2-3 minutes to get into the neighborhood, then it's smooth sailing from there) so I figure I won't worry about it. If it blows up in the proverbial visible-from-space fireball... well, I had a lot of fun getting it there. On another note, what does checking the recursive box in SimPe's scan folders do exactly? ~KG

Too bad, there is www.civanon.org but no www.sims2anon.org.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 01, 03:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How could anyone be happy with 15min load times? Gack, I would go insane and never get anything done.

Recursive: include subfolders of the selected folder in the scan.
I did and found bad files and duplicates which I diabled then went into Down loads and left another %Omb in the recycle bin which I emptied. rerunning the scan in case Imissed any thing. I like the way it highlights recolors of maxis objects in red and then gives you a thumbnail of the item in question.found two hair files with no mesh got rid of them since I have the multiplying Meg Hair  problem.

aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 01, 03:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone planning to use DatGen to categorize hair should make sure to get the debug version.  It fixes many many problems which were in the plain .0.7.13 version -- in fact, at least in the hair-categorizing aspect, it works perfectly.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 01, 03:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, mine are about 1.5 minutes, and I am impatient.
my load time is about  2 minutes  to get in the  game but once the neighbor hood is loading about a minute to get the neighborhood screen up  from there load tims are btween thirt seconds for a rinky dink house with one sim in it to a minute to a minute and a half for  6x5 lot with a huge house and 8 sims living in it

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 01, 05:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, i got 2 gb in downloads folder and i really dont see an end to it.  thank god i dont have anything better than dial up or i really will be in trouble.  just think all those other expansion packs that we know are coming.  I will need more memory lmao.
Im sitting on the edge of  700mb and busily disabling more so I can delete quicker what I never use

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 01, 06:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok i'm down to 2.10 gb after killing all my customer hair. I was getting so sick of trying to delete and get it organized i just hit that big delete button and then emptied the trash can before i could stop myself. I will redownload and be starter next time. *cries* BTW anyone know of any good hair sites lol. that have their hair put in the right color bins etc?

I am 25.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 01, 07:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think part of my problem is a lot of times I don't get just get things I know I will use but I grab all sorts of stuff just in case I might want to use it at some point.  Roll Eyes

I'm very very guilty of this. I think I need to put another folder in my downloads folder that is the "stuff I want to download but probably won't ever use" folder lol

I weeded through my buy mode objects tonight.  Took me down to a while 2.21 gb  Roll Eyes

I'm thinking about trashing my hair folder and starting over..I'm getting sick messing with it.  It takes far to long to delete the stuff and I want to kick whoever's genius idea it was that once you click "delete" the thumbnails go alllllllllllllllllll the way back to the beginning.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 01, 07:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once, I just deleted the entire Downloads folder (right before Nighlife), specifically so I could start over and properly organise them into sections. 

It's sad that I got up to 900MB so fast.  Tongue
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 01, 07:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*points and laughs at everyone who has over a gig in downloads*  Wink

I couldn't stand to have such a mess of downloads. I only download things that are easy to delete, and I only keep things I use constantly. My pickiness has earned me a neat 230MB. I do frequent cleanings to be sure things come no where near out of control. It's not exactly easy when there's so much amazing stuff out there, but I'd rather have my game run more smoothly. My game takes well under a minute to load. My biggest word of advice is to stay away from bodyshop meshes, as there is no way to delete them from within the game, and that makes things tricksy. I also look for well organized objects that are easy and safe to delete, mesh and all, from within the game. WellDressedSim is a prime example of that.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 01, 09:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have just under a Gig. One thing I noticed when I was going through things is that I seem to have lost the Maxis recolors of the Moroccan couch. The loveseat is fine, but the couch only shows the red one. Grr. I promised my self that when I installed NL that I would be extremely picky.....and then I got on a clothes downloading jag.

Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 01, 09:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned to be choosie about what I download and I tend to get rid of things I find myself not using.
I've noticed that I have incredably few new hair meshes because I get rid of the ones that end up looking like plastic in my game. I'd rather have a few Maxis hair meshes with some movement to them than a bunch of cute dos that seem cemented in place. And I do love that their hair changes when they're in pajammas now even if it looks like they had to take out extensions...

And I try to avoid having too many recolors of new objects though I'm bad about having loads of furnisher meshes.

But I have to check the folder sizes later to find out how much stuff I have now.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 01, 12:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW anyone know of any good hair sites lol. that have their hair put in the right color bins etc?

There are very few people who do this still. Unfortunately, you will have to do it yourself each time you get hair. Datgen is probably the easiest way to do it and as someone mentioned, be sure and get the debug version.

Also, whenever you download hairs, try to put the mesh and all the hair colors for that style in its own subdirectory.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 November 01, 12:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dumped all my downloads after NL came out.
I'm keeping a tight rein on new mesh objects and downloading Maxis recolors now for the most part. ATS, Holy Simoly, WDS and Windkeeper are the only ones I get pretty much anything they release. Otherwise I have to really adore it, and if poly/vertex count isn't posted I won't touch it. 
Skins, I don't have THAT many--300 MB of my total.  I categorize hairs into their proper Maxis genetic as I get them. (I use SimPe; it's pretty easy.)

I'm back up to 1.1GB again and am satisfied with that. My game loads in about a minute, and it's about 20 seconds into a lot.  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: