More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:41:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123109 times)
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #175 on: 2008 July 03, 20:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will be the 3rd day I've been playing with Freetime and the 3rd patch - I never installed it before because I was scared it would mess up my game considering all the bad issues I read about on the BBS on The Sims 2 site.  No problems I've noticed.  I have alot of fixes and hacks, and so far, everything is ok.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 July 03, 20:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inrez if you go to the Freetime patch page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and that's what they've fixed with the 3rd patch.  Which mainly they've fixed SecuRom issues people were having.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: 2008 July 03, 20:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

third patch?

What is the difference between the second and third patch?  (And I am really pissed at having to now download another 80+ meg patch)

Can't be a hell of a lot of difference, other than the SecuRom crap.  I had downloaded the 2nd patch a while back and applied it and the no-CD crack today without realizing there was a third one, and when I went to get the third one and tried to apply it, it told me Free Time was already up to date.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
inrez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 July 03, 20:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Jaldeer and AmberDicelss,

I did miss the last two items on the list.

The differences between patch 2 and 3 (for anyone else wondering)

Patch 2
Item 84 - Resolved an issue where some players started their game through the launcher or clicked on the game executable, but never saw the game splash screen on monitor.

Patch 3

Item 84 - Updated SecuRom version to resolve an issue where some players started their game through the launcher or clicked on the game executable, but never saw the game splash screen on monitor and fixed emulation problems players were experiencing.

Item 85 - Added a new command line option "-blackfont" to make in-game fonts appear in black.

Item 86 - Updated game code in order for The SimsTM 2 FreeTime to be compatible with The SimsTM 2 Store Edition. For users who have The SimsTM 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack installed, this patch must be installed in order to run The SimsTM 2 Store Edition with The SimsTM 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack. This patch runs automatically if FreeTime is already on your computer and you install The SimsTM 2 Store Edition on top of it.

As I don't give a damn about the Sims 2 Store I am going to stick with patch 2 and try out the new fixed exe posted at GCW.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 July 03, 21:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In short, patch 3 says what exactly patch 2 DID to "resolved an issue where some players started their game through the launcher or clicked on the game executable, but never saw the game splash screen on monitor" plus a command line for black fonts and EA paysite support.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: 2008 July 03, 23:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I don't give a damn about the Sims 2 Store I am going to stick with patch 2 and try out the new fixed exe posted at GCW.

To use the new NoCD on GCW, you NEED to install patch 3. Otherwise, you're risking Unholy Hybrid, using incorrect version of NoCD.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 July 04, 00:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To use the new NoCD on GCW, you NEED to install patch 3. Otherwise, you're risking Unholy Hybrid, using incorrect version of NoCD.

Out of curiousity: What happens when you do that? I used to do that same thing, before I knew I had to get a new crack. Nothing ever seemed to happen, but I assume now that it used to just overwrite the changes the patch made...?
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 July 04, 03:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I bit the bullet and installed the new patch.  I played for about 2 hours afterwards and everything seems just fine.  I still have all the awesome hacks in though and haven't took them out and it seems that everything works ok.

I do have a question though about Townies.  I moved a townie in with one of my families and when I went to get him a job it tells me you have some homework to do, even though he is an adult and it won't let me get him a job.  This has happened before.  I used the Lot Debugger to upgrade him from pre-uni but he still couldn't get a job.

I finally had to age him down to a teen and use a hack to give him an A+ and then grow him back up so he could get a job but I really don't like doing this as it really changes them.  Is there any fix for this, I thought the Lot Debugger should fix him when you upgrade him from pre-uni.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 July 04, 03:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008 July 04, 03:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying the kitten killer does this ?  Why would it do that?  Is there any fix besides removing it ?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 July 04, 04:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying the kitten killer does this ?  Why would it do that?  Is there any fix besides removing it ?
Well, usually it is caused by certain Pes fixes when used with inteen. Petjobfixes for instance.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 July 04, 05:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, usually it is caused by certain Pes fixes when used with inteen. Petjobfixes for instance.
There's an inteen version that Jordi made on the inteen site. I run inteen and most of JM's hacks and with Jordi's hybrids the only problem I have is that my teens can't sneak out.

Or I could be totally wrong...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 July 04, 06:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an inteen version that Jordi made on the inteen site. I run inteen and most of JM's hacks and with Jordi's hybrids the only problem I have is that my teens can't sneak out.

That's because of the phone hack, in order for that to work you have to take out one of the phone hack files, but I am unsure which one.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 July 04, 07:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teens can sneak out just fine under Phone Hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 July 04, 15:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I will confirm that this patch has significant performance improvements in it (probably introduced in Patch 2).   I went from no patches to Patch 3 directly and the current lot I am on has a 5-10 fps performance boost and improved camera movement.  The latter improvement startled me.  I did not notice any decrease in startup time.  I am running the official EXE since SecuROM is not a problem on this machine.

Because I don't see where it is posted, here are all the FT files that were updated on my system by Patch 3.  Looks like objects.package was changed since patch 2.

06/10/2008  02:02 AM           359,488 eauninstall.exe
06/10/2008  12:55 AM           289,856 Sims2EP7_Uninst.exe
06/10/2008  06:51 AM         3,868,364 PackageInstaller.exe
06/10/2008  06:51 AM         8,052,736 TS2BodyShop.exe
06/10/2008  06:58 AM        22,999,040 Sims2EP7.exe
06/10/2008  06:51 AM         1,850,432 Sims2Launcher.exe
06/10/2008  06:49 AM             6,707 ContentRegistry
06/10/2008  06:50 AM       111,140,452 objects.package
06/10/2008  06:51 AM                29 Version.sig

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 July 04, 18:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teens can sneak out just fine under Phone Hack.

With inteen in though? Most of what I have found about it at inteen says that you must remove half of it. It shows up as a conflict, unless someone was just speculating that it wouldn't allow sneak out. Hell, inteen conflicts with itself to work.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 July 04, 18:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed the petfix and sure enough it doesn't make me age them down to fix the homework problem!!  Yay thanks everyone.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: 2008 July 04, 19:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like objects.package was changed since patch 2.

Well, that's just swell...so anybody who applied patch 2 is pretty much SOL.  :p

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008 July 04, 20:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 3 will not install over patch 2?  I guess I don't understand why anyone would be SOL by a change in objects.package in patch 3?

I have to make clear, I don't have patch 2 here so I have no way to compare the objects.package in patch 2 with the one in patch 3.  Of course, just because the date changes does not guarantee that the content changed.  I suppose they could have repackaged the Patch 2 one with the Patch 3 date.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2008 July 04, 20:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 3 will not install over patch 2?  I guess I don't understand why anyone would be SOL by a change in objects.package in patch 3?

I have to make clear, I don't have patch 2 here so I have no way to compare the objects.package in patch 2 with the one in patch 3.  Of course, just because the date changes does not guarantee that the content changed.  I suppose they could have repackaged the Patch 2 one with the Patch 3 date.

Patch 3 would not install over patch 2 for me.  I just mean if they fixed anything important in objects.package between the two patches, anyone with patch 2 won't be able to get the fix.  (Unless EA just hates me and I'm the only one for whom it won't work.  :p)

Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2008 July 04, 23:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 3 would not install over patch 2 for me.  I just mean if they fixed anything important in objects.package between the two patches, anyone with patch 2 won't be able to get the fix.  (Unless EA just hates me and I'm the only one for whom it won't work.  :p)

Well I guess that would seem to be true, because I just applied patch #3 over #2.  Tongue
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 July 05, 00:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just replace the exe with the original exe from the disk and it will apply right over it.  Doesn't matter what patch you have.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 July 05, 01:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I uploaded this today for kutto, but if you need an original objects.package, download here. PM me, being that it's not helping anyone, I'm taking it off my space.

« Last Edit: 2008 July 06, 14:46:57 by Kazzandra » Logged
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2008 July 05, 04:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I figured out my problem...error occurred between keyboard and chair.  It's all good now.  XD

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2008 July 05, 05:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I uploaded this today for kutto, but if you need an original objects.package, download here.

Yes, you did upload that, and I thank you, but it didn't solve my problem. Undecided It seems even a pristine objects.package was not enough to fix my effed up patch.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: