More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 04:11:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123708 times)
Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #100 on: 2008 June 01, 07:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

also I never could find securom anywhere on my computer. even though I installed the patch, and they say you can't get rid of it by unistalling. Still I followed the securom diretions, and found nothing on my computer, lol. So I don't know if that means I have it on my comp or not. but I can't get it to show by following the removal directions, vista or not

Love isn't finding someone you can live with . . .It's finding someone you can't live with out.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 June 01, 07:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um there were to different files in the "no_cd" cracks rar. One of them was "Sims2EP7.exe"  and the other said "vitality.nfo(MSInfo Configuration File) do I put that in there too(TSBin)??

.nfo files in cracks or NoCDs are just plain readme text files. You don't have to put it into TSBin folder. Always read .nfo first when you're downloading NoCDs. Open it in notepad to read it. You can tell the exact version of executable that the NoCD is intended for by reading .nfo file.

also I never could find securom anywhere on my computer. even though I installed the patch, and they say you can't get rid of it by unistalling. Still I followed the securom diretions, and found nothing on my computer, lol.

Don't double post. Use Modify button if you have something else to say.

Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2008 June 01, 07:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry.

Love isn't finding someone you can live with . . .It's finding someone you can't live with out.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 June 01, 07:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lullabelle, do you have more than one account on your computer? If so, have you checked for securom under each of the accounts? One person in the How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW thread said they could not find it under one account, but it appeared under the other.
Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2008 June 01, 07:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lullabelle, do you have more than one account on your computer? If so, have you checked for securom under each of the accounts? One person in the How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW thread said they could not find it under one account, but it appeared under the other.

no just one and it's the administrator.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 June 01, 07:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Can you post under the Get rid of Securom Now thread and list exactly what you have done? If we continue here it will be getting off topic.
Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2008 June 01, 07:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sure thing! Grin

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2008 June 02, 06:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the patch fixed the annoying lag that happens whenever Sims leave/arrive the lot by ownable cars, or walk to lots? The first patch didn't fix it.

Nope.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2008 June 02, 08:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the patch fixed the annoying lag that happens whenever Sims leave/arrive the lot by ownable cars, or walk to lots? The first patch didn't fix it.

Nope.

Damn, that was the only real annoying bug that I couldn't find a fix anywhere. Angry Oh well, one less reason to bother with the new patch then...

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 June 02, 09:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

regarding the patched no-cd exe, how long do these things take to appear? weeks? months? Huh
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2008 June 02, 10:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

regarding the patched no-cd exe, how long do these things take to appear? weeks? months? Huh

It depends. Sometimes just a few days, sometimes a week or two, sometimes never.

Back in the blissful Securom-free days, patched NoCDs for Sims EPs were virtually nonexistent. There was really not much point to make NoCDs for patched executables which will surely be superseded by yet another EP only after a couple of months, when perfectly working "Fixed Images" were available. Plus Sims is not regarded as a "real game" in the mainstream video gaming scene.

Since BV, there was more demand for patched NoCDs. We got the NoCD for the first BV patch after 3 weeks. For the second patch, we got the NoCD only after a couple of days.
As the new "upgraded" version of Securom was already cracked for Mass Effect, I guess it wouldn't take a very long time for FreeTime as well.

sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 June 02, 11:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they 'fixed' 84 items and they claim they 'test' their own game to see if there are bugs?

Maybe someone should tell them that the 'testing' is done so they can fix the bugs before shipping the game.
Because, seen on the amount of 'bugs' they fixed, they just test it so they can say they tested it. They don't realise yet that the next step is not shipping the game, but to actually fix the bugs...

Now let's just hope that they've grown some brains somewhere that tell them that they should start building the next EP from the 'patched' engine. Who knows home many bugs will be in there otherwise? (My estimate is around 160...)

Anyway, I'm not patching unless I've found my 'patched no-dvd'... I don't want the 'securom' junk to update instal itself...

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 June 02, 14:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! That helps a lot. Vista is MUSH SMERTER and hides that by default, so it won't confuzzle users. You have to press Shift, Ctrl, or Alt to make it show up, not sure which is which.

Really??  Well MY version of Vista shows the tools option.  One of the first things I did when the new comp came was unhide the file extensions.  Am I missing something?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 June 02, 15:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.

Damn, that was the only real annoying bug that I couldn't find a fix anywhere. Angry Oh well, one less reason to bother with the new patch then...

I'm thinking the same - I managed to install P1 and everything is fine.  If P2 does not fix the obvious annoyances, I'll pass for the moment.  (I don't think I've even noticed the obvious annoyances, actually.)

Tribulatio proxima est
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 June 02, 15:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In reading through all the messages, and on snootysims, it appears that securom has been inserted into the patch they just released. Now I don't know about you guys, but I really don't want yet another version of securom in my computer, without my permission!  And this patch has messed up several computers, folks were saying (also in the bbs).
I will stick with the little fixes on this site and from Lord Darcy.
hugs,
skye
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 June 02, 15:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In reading through all the messages, and on snootysims, it appears that securom has been inserted into the patch they just released.

You mean, as in the patch installs SecuRom when you run it?  Oh, definitely DNW, then.

(P.S.: colored text in messages is frowned upon here on MATY -- just a word to the wise...)

ETA: Ok, I checked the sources mentioned -- it appears you still have to run the new Sims7EP.exe to get the new, nastier SecuROM. It's not installed by just installing the patch.  So the wait for a no-cd.exe continues...
« Last Edit: 2008 June 02, 15:42:49 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 June 02, 15:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attempted to install the patch last night.  No errors on the patch installation, but any attempt to actually run the game (either via the launcher or the Sims2EP7.exe -- I never use the launcher normally but tried it this time just in case it might have fixed it, no luck) just gave an error message, something about a "conflict with the emulation software".  This was before it even started up the game, let alone got to the neighborhoods, so it can't be hack-related.

I ended up uninstalling FT and reinstalling it.  Fortunately I managed to get a current backup of my hood from SimPE prior to uninstalling, so I didn't lose anything. 

I'm running Vista, all EPs, and several of the SPs including the KBID one.  I have never had the slightest problem installing a patch before, but I'm not going to try that again.  What a waste of time!   Angry

Karen
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 June 02, 16:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

> "conflict with the emulation software"

That means that the new secuROM is unimpressed with the programs you have on your computer and demands that you uninstall some of your software. Most likely whatever you use to burn CDs. Removing secuROM and waiting for a no-CD recommended.

Does uninstalling FT and reinstalling from disk actually overwrite the new version of secuROM with the old one? If so, bet they "fix" that next. :p

Unsouper
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 June 02, 18:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In reading through all the messages, and on snootysims, it appears that securom has been inserted into the patch they just released. Now I don't know about you guys, but I really don't want yet another version of securom in my computer, without my permission!  And this patch has messed up several computers, folks were saying (also in the bbs).
I will stick with the little fixes on this site and from Lord Darcy.
hugs,
skye

I have read that it is a newer and fiercer securom!

May all your fears & worries come true.
ariesbrat
Asinine Airhead

Stay Cool

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 June 03, 00:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a freakin' joke this has all become.  Shocked EA is shoving this damn SecuRom down our throats at every turn and we're spending more time trying to fix our game than playing it.  Every time EA tries to pull one over on us we find a way around it so when are they going to realize this security thing is a fuck up? Playing with glitches that only modders can fix is bad enough but now they're shoving an ' updated ' SecuRom on us? WTF?? I didn't download the first patch for FT and I'm sure as Hell not getting the second one, either.  Tongue When I began playing The Sims1 and The Sims2 up to Seasons, all was well. No problems, very few glitches and no SecuRom. Now my game is glitchy as Hell, I've had to go to all the trouble of removing this gem of a fuck up and they're still more concerned about their precious security than fixing a game they broke? EA has taken most of the fun out of The Sims for me and I find that so sad.  But I am still mad as Hell about it and they will be hearing from me. Not that it'll do much good but maybe I'll feel better after venting.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 June 03, 02:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! That helps a lot. Vista is MUSH SMERTER and hides that by default, so it won't confuzzle users. You have to press Shift, Ctrl, or Alt to make it show up, not sure which is which.

Really??  Well MY version of Vista shows the tools option.  One of the first things I did when the new comp came was unhide the file extensions.  Am I missing something?
There is a way to stop Vista from hiding the toolbar. I can't remember how it's done though. I did unhide it on my laptop and my mom's computer, and it wasn't hidden on my dad's laptop by default.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 June 03, 11:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any new cracks yet?
Also, any word if this patch has the same sewable clothes issues?
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 June 03, 12:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, any word if this patch has the same sewable clothes issues?

Nope, I didn't have that issue.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 June 03, 12:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well, that's great.  Now for a crack.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 June 03, 23:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attempted to install the patch last night.  No errors on the patch installation, but any attempt to actually run the game (either via the launcher or the Sims2EP7.exe -- I never use the launcher normally but tried it this time just in case it might have fixed it, no luck) just gave an error message, something about a "conflict with the emulation software".  This was before it even started up the game, let alone got to the neighborhoods, so it can't be hack-related.

I ended up uninstalling FT and reinstalling it.  Fortunately I managed to get a current backup of my hood from SimPE prior to uninstalling, so I didn't lose anything. 

I'm running Vista, all EPs, and several of the SPs including the KBID one.  I have never had the slightest problem installing a patch before, but I'm not going to try that again.  What a waste of time!   Angry

Karen

I got this message trying to use a no-cd crack that Vista didn't like.  Don't try to run an Unholy Hybrid and use a Vitality no-cd crack.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: