More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:55:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123114 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #75 on: 2008 June 01, 05:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a NoCD/No-SuckuROM for the patched version of the game yet? I really do think some of those fixes would be spiffy but there is no way that I want get SecuROM on my lappy. Reinstallation was not fun. Is it safe to run this one as an unholy hybrid (patch the game put the previous NoCD in?)

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2008 June 01, 05:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly.

Wait to install FT until updated NoCD crack for patch is available.
Install FT.
Install patch.
replace .exe with crack
install KB
Run game from FT cracked.exe.

Okay, when I go to "c:\program files\EA GAMES\ The Sims2 Free Time\TSBin" I don't see "Sims2EP7.exe" all I see is "Sims2EP7", it says it's an application??? Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the "crack"?? I mean I know I'm supposed to replace the .exe file with the crack but it doesn't have .exe attached to it, and it says it's an application not a file?? I'm confused, lol.
Oh and is there a new "no-cd" crack for the FT patch?

Love isn't finding someone you can live with . . .It's finding someone you can't live with out.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 June 01, 05:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's it. It's just because starting with Windows XP(2000?) Microsoft decided to stupify it for people and not show file extensions by default. This is far more trouble than it's worth, as some virus will pretend to be other file types by having two extensions like durvirus.doc.exe. Try replacing it and see if it lets you, if it doesn't, then click on Tools then folder options. Open the View tab, then uncheck hide known file extensions. Hit OK. Now it should work. Oh! Backup the unmodified .exe so that in the unlikely that EA patches again, you'll have it and be ready.

Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 June 01, 05:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's it. It's just because starting with Windows XP(2000?) Microsoft decided to stupify it for people and not show file extensions by default. This is far more trouble than it's worth, as some virus will pretend to be other file types by having two extensions like durvirus.doc.exe. Try replacing it and see if it lets you, if it doesn't, then click on Tools then folder options. Open the View tab, then uncheck hide known file extensions. Hit OK. Now it should work. Oh! Backup the unmodified .exe so that in the unlikely that EA patches again, you'll have it and be ready.

Okay where do I find the "tools\folder optiions" option??

Love isn't finding someone you can live with . . .It's finding someone you can't live with out.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 June 01, 05:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the top of the window in which you are viewing c:\program files\EA GAMES\ The Sims2 Free Time\TSBin there is a toolbar with a number of options - File, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools and Help. Click on Tools and then Folder Options. Select the View tab and go to the line where it says 'hide known file extensions'. Uncheck that box. Hit ok.

Remember to back up first!
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2008 June 01, 05:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the patch fixed the annoying lag that happens whenever Sims leave/arrive the lot by ownable cars, or walk to lots? The first patch didn't fix it.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 June 01, 05:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen a No-CD + patch 2 version yet - GameCopyWorld has No-CD + patch 1 though  Undecided
Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2008 June 01, 06:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the top of the window in which you are viewing c:\program files\EA GAMES\ The Sims2 Free Time\TSBin there is a toolbar with a number of options - File, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools and Help. Click on Tools and then Folder Options. Select the View tab and go to the line where it says 'hide known file extensions'. Uncheck that box. Hit ok.

Remember to back up first!

I don't havea "tools" option in "c:\program files\EA GAMES\The Sims2 Free Time\TSBin"
I have Vista though, if that helps.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 June 01, 06:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! That helps a lot. Vista is MUSH SMERTER and hides that by default, so it won't confuzzle users. You have to press Shift, Ctrl, or Alt to make it show up, not sure which is which.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 June 01, 06:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lullabelle, try this linky on how to make extensions viewable in Vista - there are pictures to help.

Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 June 01, 06:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! That helps a lot. Vista is MUSH SMERTER and hides that by default, so it won't confuzzle users. You have to press Shift, Ctrl, or Alt to make it show up, not sure which is which.
thanks! okay now it's an .exe file now how exactly do I replace it with the "no-cd" crack??

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 June 01, 06:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you do anything, can you tell us if you have already installed FreeTime or FreeTime & the first patch?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 June 01, 06:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, those are the only two versions of FreeTime that you can install a NoCD over right now.

Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2008 June 01, 06:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you do anything, can you tell us if you have already installed FreeTime or FreeTime & the first patch?

Just FreeTime.  I uninstalled, the new patch, it made my game crash, then re-installed FreeTime.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 June 01, 06:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just FreeTime.  I uninstalled, the new patch, it made my game crash, then re-installed FreeTime.
K. You want to make sure you have the NoCD for version 1.0 of FreeTime. If Windows isn't copying the file and instead just making a shortcut, I think you hold down shift when dragging the exe. Again, not sure exactly what button it is.  Roll Eyes

Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2008 June 01, 06:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

K. You want to make sure you have the NoCD for version 1.0 of FreeTime. If Windows isn't copying the file and instead just making a shortcut, I think you hold down shift when dragging the exe. Again, not sure exactly what button it is.  Roll Eyes
So I just drag it from the rar folder to my TSBin folder? do I place it on top of my old one?/ and should I make a coopy of the original??

Oh and does anyone one know where I can get the old patch? or should I not get that one? would I need a different version of the crack if i did?

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 June 01, 06:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, back up your exe - save it somewhere safe so that when/if you do want to update the game with the latest patch (after no dvd/cd crack is released) you can.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 June 01, 06:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* simsbaby echoes what Vilia said.
Also, are you still running the game with that stupid launcher EA added after Seasons? You might want to disable that too.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 June 01, 06:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

simsbaby - you're too patient. I'm a teacher; what's your excuse?
Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2008 June 01, 06:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes the launcher is there how do I disable it?

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 June 01, 06:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so what you do Lullabelle is create a shortcut from your exe and use that rather than the shortcut which is created for you. That way, the game will bypass the launcher and load directly.
Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 June 01, 06:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so what you do Lullabelle is create a shortcut from your exe and use that rather than the shortcut which is created for you. That way, the game will bypass the launcher and load directly.

Oh, okay. *thumps forhead* thanks fo being so patient with me, lol. I'm not very good at computer type things.  Grin Cheesy

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 June 01, 06:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all good Grin. Have you decided if you want to install the no-cd/dvd crack now or wait until one that is compatible with patch 2 is released?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 June 01, 07:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

simsbaby - you're too patient. I'm a teacher; what's your excuse?
Here the weird part. I'm tired. It's like 2 AM here. If I stay up past the time I normally go to sleep, I get really chatty and stop snapping at people. Few more hours and I'll get really hyper, then a few hours later I'll go crazy and start yelling again. It's weird, but I can use it to my advantage.  Tongue

Lullabelle
Asinine Airhead

. . .music is my life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 June 01, 07:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all good Grin. Have you decided if you want to install the no-cd/dvd crack now or wait until one that is compatible with patch 2 is released?

I'll do it now, lol. But hey I do have one more question, if you will:
um there were to different files in the "no_cd" cracks rar. One of them was "Sims2EP7.exe"  and the other said "vitality.nfo(MSInfo Configuration File) do I put that in there too(TSBin)??

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: