More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:22:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime Patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime Patch is out  (Read 123182 times)
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Freetime Patch is out
« Reply #125 on: 2008 June 04, 03:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My emulation software issue just required closing daemon tools and yasu, nothing needed to be uninstalled.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 June 04, 04:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My emulation software issue just required closing daemon tools and yasu, nothing needed to be uninstalled.
Really? Mine didn't, at least not with securom on Societies patch #3. It hated everything.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008 June 06, 01:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pokes cautiously* Please don't hug me, it sets off my allergies.

Most recent patch on EA site will give you the Bad - older, less bad patch can be found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/patch/

Unfortunately it does not contain a lot of the fixes that New Patch contains.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 June 06, 04:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. "The Bad" is in Mass Effect as well, and that was cracked the day of release, if I'm not mistaken. SecuROM is a waste of money for EA. I wonder if they'd get rid of it if someone proved that to them?

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2008 June 06, 04:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reckon it's more likely that they'd get rid of someone who proved it to them.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 June 06, 22:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most recent patch on EA site will give you the Bad - older, less bad patch can be found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/patch/

Thanks for the tip!

Karen
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 June 07, 01:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GCW has a new No-CD patch out for Freetime, but it says Patch #1.  (Version 1.1) Is this for the old patch?  If so, it wasn't necessary, because version 1.0 works with the "good" 1st Freetime Patch.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2008 June 07, 02:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GCW has a new No-CD patch out for Freetime, but it says Patch #1.  (Version 1.1) Is this for the old patch?

v1.0 is for unpatched game, and v1.1 is for 1st patch. Had you looked at the release date, you would have realized that v1.1 is for the old patch.

If so, it wasn't necessary, because version 1.0 works with the "good" 1st Freetime Patch.

You're mistaken. You ran Unholy Hybrid, using outdated NoCD on patched game. Just because this method seems to work for this time doesn't guarantee that it always works or causes no problem in the game.

MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 June 07, 05:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're mistaken. You ran Unholy Hybrid, using outdated NoCD on patched game. Just because this method seems to work for this time doesn't guarantee that it always works or causes no problem in the game.

Ah, so that's what an "unholy hybrid" is.  I haven't had any issues, but I can use the 1.1 version for now if you feel it's better.  I'm using a good number of "fixes" on this wonderful site (and your fixes Darcy) for my game, so Patch #2 isn't a big deal to me at the moment.  Honestly, your fixes are better than the crap that EA puts out.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 June 07, 05:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[damn right, image snipped]

Can I just ask, WHAT the FUCK?!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 June 07, 10:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awful image

What the fuck Fourcats.  Offensive, not appropriate, not even relevant.  Try to be a little less fail.  Get that shit out of this thread.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 June 11, 05:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sad thing about all this is that the federal goverment, through the passage of HR 4279 sponsored by John Conyers (D-MI), has pretty much given software manufacturers the legal right to do anything with regard to copyright protection.

The bill does not provide any rights to the consumer. The Copyright Alliance had pumped over $100,000.00 to get this passed. I have no idea what the MPA (Motion Picture Alliance) has made in payments through their lobbyists. I believe there was an addition made to this bill just recently. It is a pretty severe one. Software manufacturers can destroy consumers' computers and still be within legal rights in their pursuit of software protection. Of course this will encourage companies like Sony to get more aggressive in their actions to provide copyright protection to software manufacturers, and without any legal limitations.

dumbfool
Asinine Airhead

Dumb Fool

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 June 11, 15:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't see the problem with SecuRom.  It's not like this is some brand new thing that appeared out of nowhere to ruin Simmers' computers.  The copy protection has been around for what, maybe 10 years now.  Perhaps it seems "new" to people that only play the Sims 2 and nothing else, but SecuRom definitely isn't new.

For all the gamers out there, you can't just remove it.  You will need it for probably 50% of the games that came out in the last few years since it is the most widely used copy protection now.

I remember everyone raging about the StarForce protection, which is way more invasive than SecuRom.  But if you're a general gamer (and not just a Sims-only player), then you know all about SecuRom.  Personally, I don't mind the protection.  Just remove the pirate tools off your system (such as Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools), and game should load fine for 99% of you.

It may have a few problems with some weird computer setups, but you can fill out that form at the Securom web site and they either send you a better game executable that should work or I think even a code to allow the game to run.  I think you guys are blowing this way way way out of proportion.

That's just my 2 cents so feel free to flame me all you want.

Companies have a right to protect their games and they have been doing so for over 20 years.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 June 11, 15:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Companies have a right to protect their games and they have been doing so for over 20 years.

Companies do not have a right to damage their users' hardware.  I've heard quite a few people say SecuROM killed their CD/DVD drives.  They can't ALL be wrong and/or lying.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 June 11, 15:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awful image

What the fuck Fourcats.  Offensive, not appropriate, not even relevant.  Try to be a little less fail.  Get that shit out of this thread.

Post deleted by a mod or by user?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 June 11, 19:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't see the problem with SecuRom.  It's not like this is some brand new thing that appeared out of nowhere to ruin Simmers' computers.  The copy protection has been around for what, maybe 10 years now.  Perhaps it seems "new" to people that only play the Sims 2 and nothing else, but SecuRom definitely isn't new.

For all the gamers out there, you can't just remove it.  You will need it for probably 50% of the games that came out in the last few years since it is the most widely used copy protection now.

I remember everyone raging about the StarForce protection, which is way more invasive than SecuRom.  But if you're a general gamer (and not just a Sims-only player), then you know all about SecuRom.  Personally, I don't mind the protection.  Just remove the pirate tools off your system (such as Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools), and game should load fine for 99% of you.

It may have a few problems with some weird computer setups, but you can fill out that form at the Securom web site and they either send you a better game executable that should work or I think even a code to allow the game to run.  I think you guys are blowing this way way way out of proportion.

That's just my 2 cents so feel free to flame me all you want.

Says you who had no issue with Securom, several of us had various other issues that had nothing to do with pirate tools. Even without Deamon on my system I still had "Conflict with emulation software detected", I had the damn thing keep my Virus scan and my Ad-aware from updating completely and Ad-aware wouldn't even run with it on my system, it started to and then just hung there. I had my Firewall turned off repeatedly. No Virus scan, no firewall, yeah fun times. No freaking game is going to tell me what I can and can not have on my system nor is is going to dictate what software I can use(as it was doing with plenty of people and their innocent programs). A good potion of people had the damn thing disable their cd drives and burners. Which was all the "WAAAHH WAHHH SECUROM BROKE MY CD drive", nonsense. So it's all fine and dandy for people who have no issues with it, but what about those of us that do? Yeah, a lot of consumers are idiots, so it's quite possible that several of the instances that showed up during that whole BV HAS SECUROM! thing was just stupidity, but there was plenty that wasn't. I know of at least two people who had drive problems with it on their computer, I trust them to have not been idiots, and I trust other members on this forum to not be idiots about their PC as well. I'm not going to accept that some corporation has to give their okay as to what I can have on my PC. I bought their damn game I have my cd key as proof that I bought their game. How I run it is none of their business. I thought they passed some kind of law on personal pcs, that they were considered personal property, you had to have a warrant to search it and such. Well securom is trespassing. Damn kids, get off my lawn.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 June 11, 19:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't see the problem with SecuRom. 

Did you just come here from the BBS?

Damn kids, get off my lawn.

Word.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 June 11, 19:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also need to know when they have crossed the line. And shit on it.

This thread nicely illustrates the problem.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 June 11, 19:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remove the pirate tools off your system (such as Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools), and game should load fine for 99% of you.

And FWIW, there are legitimate reasons to use Alcohol (CD/DVD archiving, for example) and Daemon Tools (to run legitimately owned software without having to put the CD in every time, and to speed up game loading), so calling them 'pirate tools' is a sign of severe brainwashing by the companies who use invasive and/or harmful forms of copy protection.

And also FWIW, I have legitimate copies of all my games, and I still prefer to run them with various no-cd tools or exes.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 June 12, 01:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I could deflect for just a second. I know that the last 900 pages have been about SecuRom and all, but you know what?

They sure didn't fix that nanny/new cribs issue. Although she can use the changing table now. Nice.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 June 12, 02:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had trouble with nannies using any cribs. This is most of why I don't use nannies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: 2008 June 12, 03:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so that's what an "unholy hybrid" is.  I haven't had any issues, but I can use the 1.1 version for now if you feel it's better.  I'm using a good number of "fixes" on this wonderful site (and your fixes Darcy) for my game, so Patch #2 isn't a big deal to me at the moment.  Honestly, your fixes are better than the crap that EA puts out.

Actually, if anyone has been courageous/reckless/adventuresome enough to continue playing an Unholy Hybrid game long-term, I'd love to hear ongoing reports of how it's working out.  I know it worked out okay for some brave souls with some of the previous EP's.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 June 12, 04:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall having any trouble with Pets (I think it was Pets). Though music titles became a mass of random jumbled letters.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2008 June 12, 06:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed since the latest patch that base NPC's such as the maid, postman etc. are no longer callable by phone Roll Eyes I hate this game! Angry

I've downloaded Paladin's fix and hopefully that will work. Sigh.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2008 June 12, 11:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it did Cheesy I can still call the hobby heads and other crappy NPC's such as the barista's shopkeeps, but not the maid, gardener or postman.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: