More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:44:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Adding Extra Turn-Ons In SimPE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adding Extra Turn-Ons In SimPE  (Read 7485 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Adding Extra Turn-Ons In SimPE
« on: 2008 July 18, 20:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice it is possible to give sims extra turn-ons and turn-offs with SimPE than would normally be possible in the game (for example, being turned off by stink and vampires instead of just stink). Has anyone else experimented with this? Can it be done without messing up the game?

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Adding Extra Turn-Ons In SimPE
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 18, 23:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice it is possible to give sims extra turn-ons and turn-offs with SimPE than would normally be possible in the game (for example, being turned off by stink and vampires instead of just stink). Has anyone else experimented with this? Can it be done without messing up the game?

Good question, I've wondered about that myself.  I know there are things you can do in SimPE that violate the usual constraints of the game (like giving a Sim more or fewer personality points than they get in CAS,) but I'm not sure whether this is one of them.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 18, 23:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a regular poster on another board state that he adds extra turn-ons/turn-offs all the time, with no apparent ill effect. I've never tried it myself, but I can provide links, if interested.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 18, 23:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a regular poster on another board state that he adds extra turn-ons/turn-offs all the time, with no apparent ill effect. I've never tried it myself, but I can provide links, if interested.

I'd appreciate that very much, actually.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 18, 23:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All righty, then here we go. "All the time" was an overstatement on my part, but I found a couple links pretty quickly.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,427.msg7097.html#msg7097
http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1501.msg10358#msg10358

(It's the same user on two different boards. It's times like these that I realize how much I lurk... just call me a crazy stalker, I'm okay with it. Smiley )

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 18, 23:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All righty, then here we go. "All the time" was an overstatement on my part, but I found a couple links pretty quickly.

Muchas gracias.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 18, 23:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

De nada.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 19, 00:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to do this if I think two turn ons are too limiting.  For example, just to make sure that simKazzandra in Matysdoorp is truly not attracted to anyone, I made sure that all colours of hair and custom hair were turn offs.  This does not seem to cause any problems in game play so far.  I have been adding extra turn-ons and turn-offs to sims in my older hoods as well over the past year and have not had glitches related to this.

So, while I can not definitively guarantee that it is safe, my experience leads me to believe that this is, in fact, the case.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 19, 00:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei: no glitches, including errors in debug mode?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 19, 02:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To make Sims with no attraction to anyone I SimPE them to maximum negative attraction to both genders. It's off the topic I know but I would never have thought of adding extra turn offs for the purpose so I had to chime in and say how I did it. Mind you I was making Nuns so maybe that's why I thought of doing it that way.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 19, 03:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei: no glitches, including errors in debug mode?

Nope.  I always run with debug mode on, and my game does not pop errors.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 19, 09:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to do this if I think two turn ons are too limiting.  For example, just to make sure that simKazzandra in Matysdoorp is truly not attracted to anyone, I made sure that all colours of hair and custom hair were turn offs.  This does not seem to cause any problems in game play so far.  I have been adding extra turn-ons and turn-offs to sims in my older hoods as well over the past year and have not had glitches related to this.
If you want her to be attracted to no one, ignore the turn-ons and turn-offs and just set her preferences to all-negative. TOs are an extremely weak influence on the system anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 19, 15:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want her to be attracted to no one, ignore the turn-ons and turn-offs and just set her preferences to all-negative. TOs are an extremely weak influence on the system anyway.

I'd think the extra ones would be more useful for fine-tuning (along with Aspiration, gender pref and zodiac sign) to make sure the Sim is attracted to one specific other Sim you have in mind and no other.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 19, 19:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I've done that as well, but I thought, wrongly perhaps, that extra turn-offs might add to the repulsion factor (perhaps a thought bubble or two).  I have not paid much attention to it since, especially since Kazzandra is a townie who appears infrequently.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: