More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:01:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Updated 2008/11/23) Updated to M&G
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Updated 2008/11/23) Updated to M&G  (Read 30197 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Updated 2008/11/23) Updated to M&G
« on: 2008 May 29, 10:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of NL, many Maxis small objects like vases or table lamps work as "centerpieces". If you put one of those centerpieces on a dining table, Sims can still use that table as an eating surface. (Sims won't put plates on it when they're Serving a Meal from fridge, though.)

However, a lot of Maxis small objects are not valid centerpieces, despite their small size. For example, every single object from Happy Holiday Stuff doesn't work as a valid centerpiece. (See the screenshot above.) If you put one of those invalid centerpieces on a dining table, Sims will refuse to use that table to dine on. (Like the tables on the back patio at Crypt O'Night in NL downtown, where small candles prevent Sims from using those tables.) This issue was discussed in this thread.

This mod makes nearly all Maxis small objects up to Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack to function as valid centerpieces. If there are missing small objects, please let me know.
It does NOT work for custom objects.

• Decorative: small decorative objects (sculptures and plants)
  • Dish: plates, bowls, platters and cakes
  • Electronics: some small electronics
  • Lamp: table lamps

Required EP: NL or later. Even if you don't have any EP, it will work if you have at least one SP (except for Happy Holiday Stuff).

Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

Check back this thread whenever a new pack or patch is released. If a new EP/patch adds new BHAVs to the existing objects, this mod may require update to prevent possible resource conflict. Also, if objects from new EPs/SPs do not work as valid centerpieces, this mod needs to be updated to include those objects.

Note: If you downloaded my previous "beta" version from this thread, please remove it. (LdDarcy_DecoSlotCenterpiece_Decorative.package) I removed BHAVs enabling placements on decorative slots that were included in beta, as I couldn't be 100% sure of reverse compatibility with all previous EPs. The "beta" was originally intended for my own personal use only. If you want this feature, here is a safer alternative that also works on custom objects.

Valid centerpieces have "CT - Allow With Food" BHAV. If you want to make custom objects to work as valid centerpieces, extract one of BHAVs from this mod and add it to the custom object. Change the group of newly added BHAV to 0xFFFFFFFF. Make sure to adjust Instance number to prevent resource conflict.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.0a: Updated to FT patch #2. Resource conflict in FT craftable plates and Voodoo Doll was resolved. (2008/06/18)
 v1.0b: Updated to IKEA Home Stuff. Added 4 IKEA table lamps. (2008/06/30)
 v1.0c: Updated to Apartment Life. Added several AL objects and 3 table phones. (2008/09/07)
 v1.0d: Added an additional file for plates, bowls, FT platters and cakes. (2008/10/19)
 v1.0e: Added 1 M&G table plant and TV Dinner tray. (2008/11/23)

* LdDarcy_MaxisObjectsCenterpieceEnabler_v1.0e.zip (3.5 KB - downloaded 2448 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 23, 04:31:43 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Centerpiece Enabler for Maxis Small Object
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 29, 11:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great, you always have some of the most essential fixes for stuff EAxis stupidly breaks.

(Sims won't put plates on it when they're Serving a Meal, though.)

What about community restaurants? Will they be correctly seated and served in a table with such a centerpiece?

Dive in!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Centerpiece Enabler for Maxis Small Ob
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 29, 12:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Sims won't put plates on it when they're Serving a Meal, though.)

What about community restaurants? Will they be correctly seated and served in a table with such a centerpiece?

Restaurants are not affected, whether there is a centerpiece or not on the table. (Actually, NL introduced centerpieces with restaurants in mind.) It only affects "Serve Meal" from fridges. Centerpieces are especially useful when you want to prevent Sims from walking half a mile toward backyard garden tables to serve a meal.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Centerpiece Enabler for Maxis Small Object
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 29, 12:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So this will prevent 'serve meal'? Excellent.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 29, 12:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some objects always prevented the 'serve meal', like the little condiments thing and the romantic candles.  But it was dumb that other objects that were obviously centerpieces (like the table-top tiki torches from BV) prevented sims from using the table at all.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 29, 12:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some objects always prevented the 'serve meal', like the little condiments thing and the romantic candles.  But it was dumb that other objects that were obviously centerpieces (like the table-top tiki torches from BV) prevented sims from using the table at all.

Yeah, that's what bugged me too. I mean, who hasn't got condiments in the middle of the table at mealtimes?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Centerpiece Enabler for Maxis Small Ob
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 29, 14:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me! But then, I don't usually sit at a table to eat, except when I'm eating out.

Danke.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Updated 2008/06/18)
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 18, 01:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-06-18: v1.0a - Updated to FreeTime patch #2. Resource conflict in FT craftable plates and Voodoo Doll was resolved.
Thanks to dickhurt for reporting the issue. I haven't installed FT second patch yet and was not aware of the issue.

2008-06-30: Updated to v1.0b to support IKEA Home Stuff. Added 4 IKEA table lamps.

2008-09-07: Updated to v1.0c to support Apartment Life. Added several AL objects and 3 table phones.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 23, 04:25:57 by Lord Darcy » Logged

WORF
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Updated 2008/09/07) Added AL objects
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 23, 02:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also posted this question on Richief's thread. Is this conflict anything to be concerned with?

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: CT - View - Enthusiasm in T0
Group ID: 0x7F6146DB
Instance ID: 0x00001003
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\ZZZHacks2\Richi3f-Deco-HobbyEnthusiasm.package
\downloads\ZZZHacks\Lord Darcy\LdDarcy_MaxisObjectsCenterpiece_Decorative.package
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 23, 11:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on the loading order. When multiple hacks modify the same resource, the one which is loaded the last will trump the ones loaded earlier. So if my hack loads earlier than Richief's, the affected object will give FT enthusiasm but won't work as a valid centerpiece.

As this hack adds new BHAVs not present in the official game, any third party hacks made by different persons can result in resource conflict. I have my own private FT enthusiasm hack which was made with my centerpiece hack in mind.

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 23, 18:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just fixed that conflict, changed Instance number from 1003 to 1004 so it no longer conflicts with Ld Darcy's Centerpiece Enabler. Check my thread (Proper Hobby Enthusiasm for Decorative Items) for updates.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Maxis Centerpiece... as Centerpiece! (Updated 2008/11/23) Updated to M&G
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 23, 04:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-10-19: Updated to v1.0d. Added an additional file for plates, bowls, FT platters and cakes, as requested by Menaceman44.

2008-11-23: Updated to v1.0e. Added 1 M&G table plant and TV Dinner tray.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: