More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:44:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Career Outfits are Added to Wardrobe Again in FreeTime
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Career Outfits are Added to Wardrobe Again in FreeTime  (Read 15296 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Career Outfits are Added to Wardrobe Again in FreeTime
« on: 2008 July 14, 21:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Career outfits were automatically added to family wardrobe ever since Uni. In FreeTime, however, they are no longer added to family wardrobe, a throwback to the base game days. It does not matter whether you've installed FT patch or not, they are no longer added even in the unpatched game. Not sure if it's an intentional "feature" or yet another EAxian mistake though.

For the established households who already acquired career outfits before FT, the outfits will stay in their wardrobe. However, if some of family members move out, they won't acquire career outfits anymore in their newly created household. They can only wear the outfit for current job/level via "Dress for Work" menu.

In unpatched game, FT career outfits were available in CAS and buy catalog, so Sims could buy them at store just like regular outfits. However, FT patch hid them from CAS/buy catalog as well. So if you applied FT patch, all career outfits are now inaccessible (like that pink unitard with legwarmers which many people seem to miss), unless you're creating fresh Sims in CAS with debug mode on or using FFS clothing tool/clothing unlockers.

Some people dislike automatic addition of career outfits and prefer the way it is now, but other people may prefer the way it used to be before FT.
This mod enables career outfits to be automatically added to family wardrobe again, like all pre-FT EPs since Uni.
In a nutshell, this mod makes everything about career outfits work exactly the same way as pre-FT.

Note: This mod does NOT unlock career outfits in CAS and buy catalog. If you applied FT patch, FT career outfits will be still hidden from CAS and buy catalog even if you have this mod.
If you want to enable career outfits in CAS and buy catalog just like unpatched game, get my clothing unlocker here:
Unlocked FreeTime Career Outfits

Career outfits are added to the family wardrobe the moment a Sim is promoted or gets a new job. So only newly acquired outfits after installing this mod will be added to the wardrobe. Any outfits for past jobs/levels will not be added, until other Sims reach the same jobs/levels again.

Compatible with AL.

Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

Credits:

J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris for FFS Clothing Tool

* LdDarcy_CareerOutfitsAddedToWardrobe_FT.zip (1.42 KB - downloaded 1972 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 14, 11:24:47 by Lord Darcy » Logged

bwcmd
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Career Outfits are Added to Wardrobe Again in FreeTime
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 30, 17:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate this, I was rather disappointed when FT wouldn't let me add any of these outfits to my wardrobe. However, in my brief use of it, the other feature I originally liked was that (with Uni) starting a career mid-ladder would add all of the lower-level outfits. How easy is it to change it to include that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 01, 07:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have that, but Fat Gwilly People never asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 01, 10:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(with Uni) starting a career mid-ladder would add all of the lower-level outfits.
Did career outfits work that way in Uni days? I didn't know. Poor memory or lack of attention. Embarrassed

I actually have that, but Fat Gwilly People never asked.
Gwill, please?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: