More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:11:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  PSA: InSIMenator updated! Kathy and Eric rise from the grave!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PSA: InSIMenator updated! Kathy and Eric rise from the grave!  (Read 6470 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
PSA: InSIMenator updated! Kathy and Eric rise from the grave!
« on: 2008 May 27, 03:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=269

Now I just have to decide whether to put it back in or stick with the Sim Blender.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: PSA: InSIMenator updated! Kathy and Eric rise from the grave!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 27, 03:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wee!

The one thing I like about InSim over the Blender is that InSim allows for aging by one-day increments. The Blender does three at a time. I use the one-day aging to justify going to community lots, so I require that kind of thing.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 27, 09:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know. I was seriously starting to feel like the InSIMenator site in general had kind of lost its roots. Lots of glomping rabble without any leaders is a scary thing to behold.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 27, 10:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I just have to decide whether to put it back in or stick with the Sim Blender.  :p

you can use both, twojeffs said they won't conflict
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 29, 06:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One-day aging adjustment is buried into the Lot Sync Timer anyway, just shift-click to see all the age-adjust options. You can use that to rewind or forward a day, or shorten/lengthen the elder duration itself without affecting displayed age.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 29, 14:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running the updated OBJ edition - I find it provides a more user-friendly "summoner" than the teleport bush, combined with other options like "add to household", kill options, etc.  One download combines options in the simblender and the teleport bush.  Still, it's very much a subjective decision about what suits the individual player.

I used to run the SIM version because it allowed for teleporting (which saved walking time).  I've gone a bit purist recently since BV, and now feel that sims that wish to teleport should learn to do it properly from a ninja.  This will be featured in a future update to Matysdoorp.

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 29, 20:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the teleport bush

it's a cat!  It's a CAT!  Anyone with Seasons or later who doesn't have the cat version yet, get it Cheesy

Talking of friendly summoners, Simwardrobe has a nice one, where you can pick the Sim from a telephone book style interface.  It's easier to make sure you're getting the right Orlando than just a list of names Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 29, 20:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's a cat!  It's a CAT!  Anyone with Seasons or later who doesn't have the cat version yet, get it Cheesy

Yeah, I finally found that out when I did my Freetime update round Tongue
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 29, 21:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the teleport bush

Talking of friendly summoners, Simwardrobe has a nice one, where you can pick the Sim from a telephone book style interface.  It's easier to make sure you're getting the right Orlando than just a list of names Smiley
But I love yours now that it shows the whole name. Makes my townie aging rounds so much easier! I have two Orlandos, two Indigos, and three Amys. Two of the bunch are Untouchables (a driver and a cafeteria worker).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 30, 04:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the teleport cat, is it safe to townify Sims that are married or have family? (Intended to use on some Eaxians that ended up in there before I discovered clean templates.)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 30, 06:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too sure, but I think TJ's Sim Blender can break relationships and family ties. I made a bunch of townies in CAS, moved them onto a lot, changed last names, removed all STR and LTR, moved them back into the Sim Bin and then towniefyed them. I checked in SimPE and they definitely didn't know each other.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 30, 07:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can safely use "make me a townie" on sims with any sort of existing relationship.  The relationship will be kept - the sim will simply not be living with his family, he will live where the townies live.  This is suitable for emulating a storyline where someone needs to spend periods of time away from home, used in conjunction with my prisoner "electronic tag" and TJ's visitor controller so they can't just turn up places unexpectedly!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: