More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:38:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Restorable car not allowed on owned community lot?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Restorable car not allowed on owned community lot?  (Read 3081 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Restorable car not allowed on owned community lot?
« on: 2008 May 26, 03:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sim purcahse a comm lot and put the restorable car on the lot (transported via inventory). I left the lot, returned and the car was gone. Are restorable cars not meant to be allowed on owned community lots?

Also, how do I make cars available for purchasing on owned bus lots?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Restorable car not allowed on owned community lot?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 26, 05:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to place them and save (if this is an owned lot). However, once restored, the car will drive off on it's own. It took a bit of trickery for me to get it to stay on the lot and place it for sale.

On owned business lots, you are supposed to place them on the rotating display-thingy. I'm not sure where it is in Buy mode, so easiest way is to go through collections and choose the OFB collection. Then set for sale like any other merchandise.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 26, 06:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure where it is in Buy mode, so easiest way is to go through collections and choose the OFB collection.

I believe it's a "shelf".

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 26, 07:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure where it is in Buy mode, so easiest way is to go through collections and choose the OFB collection.

I believe it's a "shelf".

No, it's under Surface - Misc. Stupidly categorized IMO, all OFB business shelves must be categorized under the same subcategory.

Also, how do I make cars available for purchasing on owned bus lots?

You have to use Wholesale Mode to make cars appear in buy mode catalogue at owned community lots.

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 26, 14:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to place them and save (if this is an owned lot). However, once restored, the car will drive off on it's own. It took a bit of trickery for me to get it to stay on the lot and place it for sale.

On owned business lots, you are supposed to place them on the rotating display-thingy. I'm not sure where it is in Buy mode, so easiest way is to go through collections and choose the OFB collection. Then set for sale like any other merchandise.

It was restored when I transported it to the comm lot. I put it on the car display but didn't price it for sale before leaving the lot. I guess that is why it disappeared?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: