More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:05:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Feed yourselves, already!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Feed yourselves, already!  (Read 11695 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Feed yourselves, already!
« on: 2008 May 22, 21:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was mentioned a few times in the FT Bork List thread, but I just reread the entire thread and couldn't find a fruitful fix...

Since installing FT my sims have all but lost the ability to keep themselves from starving to death. I'm playing with Dizzy's leftover array installed (file dates match his latest), so they will occasionally manage to Have a Leftover. But for the most part, if there is not a meal sitting out on the counter already, they will wander around fantasizing about drumsticks until they're about to die. Then they'll attempt a 'stuff face' which is a stopgap measure, at best.

When managing the 3 households I had in play before today, I didn't really notice the problem, as those families are small enough groups that I'd always just told them to eat when it was time. However, today I just started an Asylum Challenge... OY. My controllable can Serve Cereal before she leaves for work (can't make much more than that yet), and by the time she gets home they're queued up 4- or 5-deep to 'stuff face' at the fridge.

The FT Bork List thread talks about this being related to having Aspiration Bonuses assigned, but this is definitely not the case. New lot, Maxis fridge & stove, haven't even looked at the others' Wants, much less assigned them any boni. I also have the FT patch installed, if that means anything.

So has anyone come up with another answer to this problem?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Feed yourselves, already!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 22, 21:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kill them?

No, I'm serious. I've had a couple of sims since FT behave in that manner. I decided that they no longer want to live. The vast majority of my sims (and I have 33 playables at the moment) will feed themselves too much instead of too little, even with noeatcrap. I don't apply bonuses until sims turn teen, but all my teens+ have all their points used.

Have you noticed any correlation with aspiration level? It's been awhile since I've had a sim like this, so I can't remember if they were permaplat or what.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 22, 21:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're only a couple of sim-days old. I've not been addressing their Wants/Needs in any way since this is an Asylum Challenge, so their Aspiration is likely to be quite low (there may be a Knowledge in there somewhere doing okay, but I've seen no Plat icons).

Should they continue this suicidal lameassery, I'll be happy to let 'em die off in a little bit, but it'd be nice if the inmates could manage at least a sim-week before removing themselves from the gene pool, you know? "Your sims are smarter now!" my shiny, metal ass.  Roll Eyes

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 22, 22:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a no autonomous fridge use hack? Mine is called ijNoAutonomyFridgesPatchOFB.package. It's extremely useful, but not with the asylum challenge XD Anyway, this is how my sims act with it installed. However, I'm only playing with all EPs up to BV, so this could be a FT thing like you mentioned.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 22, 22:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any specific rules against setting them all to Macro...Power Idle beforehand? It might better handle these situations than the EAxis autonomy system. If there are rules against that, then can't you just make your own rule in this matter? If following the rules is proven ineffective, then the rules must be changed.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 22, 23:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this issue since FT as well, and I've been doing what Zazazu suggested.

If they're dumb enough to stand right next to the fridge with an empty hunger bar flailing their arms about, they have just chosen to remove themselves from the gene pool.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 22, 23:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it's not Inges or TJ's mods for no autonomous fridge? I do not have this problem, ergo, it does not exist.   Tongue
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 22, 23:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even see why I'd want a hack for no autonomous fridge use- I let my Sims eat when they want. So it's definitely not that for me.

Besides, my Sims do eat autonomously once in a while.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 23, 00:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And mine usually do eat autonomously. I also have no anti-autonomy hacks for fridge use. My only no-autonomy one is against jumping on the bed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 23, 00:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have any non-autonomous fridge hacks - I tried Inge's for a while, but I kept forgetting to feed the buggers. Oops.

Just triple-checked the tightness of my pants and started the game up again. Now suddenly the majority of the inmates have managed to figure out how to take a bowl of mac & cheese out of the fridge. No idea what changed. WTfrickingF?

I still do have one especially dim bulb who's literally standing Right In Front Of the giant bowl of cereal and gagging to death on his starvy tummy. Fine, don't breed.  Angry

Zazazu - I've been thinking about putting in that no-bed-bouncing hack as well. I swear, those simkids are so ungrateful. Built a house whompstacked full of fun things to play with, and they'll insist on the one activity that'll make them explode. Idjits.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 23, 12:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been testing fridges extensively in the past few days. They seem to use fridge fine (with dizzy's have-a-leftover etc. working very well too). I routinely slide their hunger to red, they complain, sometimes, and then head to fix themselves something. As for stuff face, I don't like it. And it doesn't happen in my game any more. Either dizzy took care of it, or I changed it to no autonomy in TTAB for my empty fridges, or both.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 23, 13:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mine don't want to eat on their own either.

I usually end up having one of them do the 'make mass quantities of... baloney sammiches' thing and then have them macro>eat whenever I see they're in the red.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 23, 15:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either dizzy took care of it, or I changed it to no autonomy in TTAB for my empty fridges, or both.
Maybe they can't stuff face without there being real capacity in the fridge? Since fresh food points are handled slightly differently?

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 23, 15:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they can't stuff face without there being real capacity in the fridge? Since fresh food points are handled slightly differently?

Maybe, that would be an unexpected bonus then.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 May 23, 16:54:54 by Lion » Logged

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 23, 17:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would ubersuck if you'd been out watering and weeding your little badging heart out over your latest crop, just to see some mo' who's too dumb to make himself a bowl of mac-n-yak to come stuff his face full of your lurvely pole beans.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 23, 17:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the opposite problem. I am constantly getting "stuff face" when they get to the halfway mark. Makes me NUTS. You are not starving. Make a real meal, make room for someone else to, or just get out of the way!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 23, 17:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[That would ubersuck if you'd been out watering and weeding your little badging heart out over your latest crop, just to see some mo' who's too dumb to make himself a bowl of mac-n-yak to come stuff his face full of your lurvely pole beans.

Stuff face is so inefficient that you don't want it any way. Make some real meal or get leftovers. I prefer those. Hence no stuff face + dizzy's have-a-leftover rules!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 24, 07:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sooner or later, I'll make a SANDWICH EATS YOU for kitchen-control.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 24, 08:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a nightmare I had as a child.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 24, 08:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a nightmare I had as a child.

Dance, Gwill, dance! We want!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 24, 16:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to do this scene in the NFL from a Christopher Durang play. Father in the baked potato. Do you ever get the uncontrollable need to jump to your death after sex?

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 25, 12:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOH!!! I really really want that one...with APO I keep forgetting to make them walk out of the kitchen after they've finished...so they keep getting stuck in there...and then raid the dang fridge before I realise I've forgotten to move them out *glares at said sims who don't have the decency to look contrite*

- ElenaRoan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: