More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:29:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  My Sim is Invisible
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sim is Invisible  (Read 10325 times)
DarkEmpress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My Sim is Invisible
« on: 2008 May 22, 02:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long story short, I tried to get Don Lothario to WooHoo with Dina Goth in Don's car in his driveway. They didn't WooHoo, and they both got out of the car invisible. Dina's just a disembodied voice, and Don's a green plumb bob when he's the active character. I haven't played Dina at her lot to see if she's still invisible, but Don just dissapeared. It was interesting at first, but now it's really annoying. I'm not sure how to go about fixing him/them.

I've got all the expansions installed and patched, along with FFS, H&M, and K&B stuff packs. My car WooHoo was working fine before installing BV, FT, K&B, and H&M. I'm thinking BV or FT borked the car stuff. I've had another sim get stuck in the car since installing those. I'm not sure which game did it, because I installed BV and FT right at the same time.

Tell me it's something easy to fix, like deleting the sim or changing his clothes. Please?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: My Sim is Invisible
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 22, 02:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete them and save/reload, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DarkEmpress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 22, 02:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Stupid game.

But how/why did this happen?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 22, 12:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who knows? All sorts of things cause sims to "cloak", such as walking off a lot, getting in vehicles, etc. If something goes wrong, the sim may not properly decloak.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 22, 16:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. Don turning invisible isn't unusual (they do that when they woohoo in the car.) He just didn't decloak. No way to find out why, unless it happens repeatedly and you can test to see what's causing it.
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 23, 18:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that happen whenever a couple tries to woohoo in a car while at home. I was to lazy to test, but it has got to be some sort of conflict. I couldnīt delete the invisible sims, as they were not selectable. However I made them both relax on a bed and deleted that. That did reset the sims and made them visible and selectable again.

I think I will test, what it causing that in a test neighbourhood. Let me get back to you.

ETA: Ok, I finished the binary dance. In this case a little common sense might have helped as well, as the culprit is the only hack I use, that actually modifies woohoo in cars. If you have Syberspunks Risky Wohoo, delete the "Risky Woohoo in Car" package. Mine was last modified on March the 30th 2008. Iīll check if a new version is out.

I just checked that I do have the most recent version of this hack. This problem is also already reported on the MTS2 page for the hack. In addition sims get sometimes thrown out of the photobooth as well. I observed that too. As the reports on MTS are from April, I donīt know if syberspunk did already look into it, but there are no new versions out.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 23, 20:01:16 by abelle » Logged
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 26, 05:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much, abelle! I just put "risky woohoo" in my game to so I could stop feeling like the selective breeder of organisms that I am in real life, "You will get in that bed! You will try for baby! And you will be successful! And your spawn will be 50% more pleasing than you!"
Good to know of the problem before I get confused by it.
DarkEmpress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 26, 23:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks abelle, I thought it might have been the work of the non-awesome. I guess I'll have to live without my Risky WooHoo in cars.

FYI, I had to sit the invisible man down on a sofa and delete it. What a pain.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 30, 09:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could forcing an error work for this problem?

abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 31, 12:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Ellatrue unfortunately you canīt force an error on the sim, because he is neither selectable to click on him nor is it possible to force an error just on that sim by clicking on the lotdebugger, while the sim is selected. Maybe I just didnīt find that option. It would be quite helpful in various situations.

To fix it you can direct the invisible sim to use a bed or sofa and delete that item. This way they will decloak properly. It is a pain if one of the sims is a visitor. I invited someone else over and choose say goodbye to everyone, that also got rid of the invisible visitor.

Anyway if you donīt use risky woohoo in cars anymore the problem goes away completely.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 05, 09:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To delete an invisible man, just use the Stuck Object Remover on his position.

DarkEmpress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 07, 01:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe I tried the stuck object remover. It didn't work. Or I may have done it wrong.  Embarrassed Seeing as how he wasn't stuck, just invisible, maybe that's why it didn't work?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 07, 01:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur. If he was invisible, maybe you just stuck it in the wrong spot.

Srsly, the stuck object remover just nukes everything on that square. If he was there, he would have been nuked.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: