More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:23:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Only Hobby-leader customers in one owned business
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Only Hobby-leader customers in one owned business  (Read 3399 times)
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Only Hobby-leader customers in one owned business
« on: 2008 June 06, 09:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a weird one. I have one Sim-owned business (it's the Deja Vu art museum) where the only customers who show up are hobby leaders. I have the Customer Selector, but I have a lot of categories allowed, I should have other customers too. I have other Sim-owned business where this doesn't happen -- and as far as I can tell, they have the same Customer Selector settings. (The "Hobby" settings are all on their default value -- both on the problematic lot and on the other ones).

Anybody had the same problem, or has any idea what the problem could be?
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Only Hobby-leader customers in one owned business
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 06, 12:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a similar problem with one of my more recent businesses, a Restaurant.

Close inspection showed that the version of the Customer Selector that I was usuing at the time  had the "Hobby Maven" family option set to "AND"as a default option (Meaning that all customers must meet the qualifications of "Hobby Maven"). Set it to "OR" or "NOT", and other customers will appear.

It would be nice if the Customer Selector could pop up a dialog box that shows what all the options are set to with a click.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 06, 12:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if the Customer Selector could pop up a dialog box that shows what all the options are set to with a click.

It sure would!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 06, 12:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using the new version, you may have to replace the old controllers. I found that the attributes had collided and were printing gibberish.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 07, 07:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solved!

I already had the new version installed, but I hadn't thought of replacing the controller. I did (and set the option back to how they were previously -- at least as far as I can tell), and suddenly other kinds of customers started showing up.

Notovny: I wanted to check the setting of the "Maven" option before doing this, but then I forgot. So I don't know if what fixed it was simply changing the controller, or setting the Maven option correctly. I'm a bit annoyed at having failed at basic experimental science like this, but the important thing is that it's now fixed  Smiley

Thanks all!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: