More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:24:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Disappearing family pictures
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disappearing family pictures  (Read 2421 times)
Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Disappearing family pictures
« on: 2008 May 19, 01:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game crashed this afternoon while trying to open a Pleasantview lot.  I deleted groups.cache with no results.  I renamed The Sims 2 folder to start a "clean" game.  The game froze.  I removed, then reinstalled, the last stuff pack (kitchen & bath) and the game appeared to be fine.  I added back custom content (including hacks from here and TwoJeffs).  I was able to open all the lots without problem. 

I then added a new neighborhood with a university to create YA.  The CAS process seemed fine until I closed and went back to University NH view.  There was no picture in the family bin - just a swatch of plaid color.  I was able to move the toon into a dorm but again no family picture when looking at the lot from NH view.  I checked the family bin of the base NH and all the families were there except for Critturs and Roseland - the bins for those 2 families were empty (though I could move them into a lot by clicking the empty slot).  I went through the same process a couple of times (after removing recently added hacks) but had the same problem with empty family bins for Roseland and Critturs (and any newly created Sim).

I have all expansions and most of the recent stuff packs.

I hate to reinstall everything, but that's my next step unless someone here can give some advice. 

Kitte
Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Disappearing family pictures
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 06, 02:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who might have a similar problem, this was resolved by upgrading my ATI video driver.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: