More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 00:44:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Servo has human face in game controller and family screen
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo has human face in game controller and family screen  (Read 4229 times)
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Servo has human face in game controller and family screen
« on: 2008 June 05, 19:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I installed my unbought Free Time, got update mods/hacks, and latest lot debugger.

I have been playing it with no problems. Yesterday, I used the lot debugger to get rid of rain puddles using the servo. Also wanting to get rid of a sim's sunburn, while using servo, I did the fix sunburns and tans.

After a long pause, the pics of servo in the controller changed to human face with the one big eye. The loading family screen also has servo a one-eyed human. The actual servo is fine with no changes.

It really isn't a big deal, just a bit annoying to have that one-eyed human picture of servo looking back at me from the game controller. Any possible remedies, besides killing servo?

Thank you for any ideas or help.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Servo has human face in game controller and family screen
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 05, 19:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You fixed sunburns & tans with the servo selected, but you wanted to fix sunburns & tans on some other sim?  Do I understand you correctly?  I'm pretty sure that would fall into the category of unAwesome use, but I'm more surprised that the lot debugger would allow misfiring in that way!  Cheesy

For starters, did you try to regenerate portraiture (with the servo selected FTW)?  Wink  How 'bout fix flashing blue?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 06, 07:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you did a very bad thing. Did it not inspire you to quit without saving? I didn't anticipate that someone would do something that dumb, so I'll probably idiotproof the next release to prevent this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 06, 08:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You fixed sunburns & tans with the servo selected, but you wanted to fix sunburns & tans on some other sim?  Do I understand you correctly?  I'm pretty sure that would fall into the category of unAwesome use, but I'm more surprised that the lot debugger would allow misfiring in that way!  Cheesy

For starters, did you try to regenerate portraiture (with the servo selected FTW)?  Wink  How 'bout fix flashing blue?

Yes, that is what I did, you understand correctly. I knew I screwed up as soon as it happened! Nope, I didn't try to regenerate portraiture, or fixi flashing blue. Just rain puddles and sunburn and tans. Only two that I used.

I think you did a very bad thing. Did it not inspire you to quit without saving? I didn't anticipate that someone would do something that dumb, so I'll probably idiotproof the next release to prevent this.

I really expected that!! lol!! Quiting without saving seemed like an option, but since I hadn't saved in awhile, and the Servo itself was not affected I did eventually quit and save. Had the Servo itself had the face, I would have not saved, as that face on Servo would be difficult to play.

I rather feel somewhat priviledged that "The Great One" would find a reason to "idiotproof" it due to my dumb action. That is an honor! Getting all glowy here.

Now this Servo was spawned into the game, if that makes any difference.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 06, 19:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant by asking was to suggest that regenerating portraiture and fix flashing blue might fix your problem.  However, I think if it was that easy JMP would have confirmed or something to that effect by now.

If you want to try anyway, you can click Fix...Regenerate Portraiture on the lot debugger, and/or Fix...Fix Flashing Blue...[your servo's name].  For simplicity, do so with the servo selected.  Wink
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 07, 01:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to try anyway, you can click Fix...Regenerate Portraiture on the lot debugger, and/or Fix...Fix Flashing Blue...[your servo's name].  For simplicity, do so with the servo selected.  Wink

Thank you for the suggestion! I will give it a try. Of course this time, if I cause the Servo to have a face change, I will be prepared to quit without saving.

I've RTFM. When I had seen under "fix": "tans and burns", rather than "tan and burn", the plural led me to believe that it was a multipurpose selection applying to lot occupants rather than an individual. My bad. In future, I will enter lot, test reaction to a lot debugger options, and quit and not save immediately if out come is questionable. Again, my bad.

Thank you again, it is very much appreciated!

Update: I tried the Regenerate Portraiture and it only gave new positions for the one-eyed human faced Servo. Was worth the try.
Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 June 07, 18:11:00 by WandaAnn » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: