More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 22:32:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  idiot dormies - makes you wonder how they got into uni!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: idiot dormies - makes you wonder how they got into uni!  (Read 21377 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
idiot dormies - makes you wonder how they got into uni!
« on: 2008 May 13, 08:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided a couple days ago to play my Somerset twins through Uni. At first I had them in a Maxis dorm, but have since moved them into a much nicer one from MTS2. Once I got things straightened out with the classic "bathroom controller in dorms" issues, everything is playing pretty smoothly. However, I find I'm constantly cycling through my camera presets to find any dormies that have passed out on the street, in their food, on the floor, or just standing up. Since I lost 2 dormies in the first building the Somerset's were in due to severe motive droppage while passed out, I'll identify the passed out sim, select them with that special mirror (I think it's Monique's), and then have them wake up. Even with autonomy-enabled coffeemakers on premises, I still have to "force-wake" about 70% of my dormies each sim day, some sims multiple times in a multi-hour span. They also tend to go by the mailbox when their energy needs are really low, I have no idea why. I'll get piles of dormies passed out in one spot because the tired ones will be the first to walk over and fret over the ones that are already passed out, and they in turn pass out too!

Is there anything, anything at all that will prevent me from having to constantly babysit my noncontrollables in a dorm? I know just letting them die is a popular option on this board, but I like to give each one makeovers when they move in, and its a huge waste of time to have to do it on replacements for the dead (I like a full dorm). Plus, my playables are trying to develop relationships with some of them too, idiotic though the objects of their affection might be.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: idiot dormies - makes you wonder how they got into uni!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 13, 08:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you have 'nodormieprotect' by Pescado. Take that out. If you haven't got that and your dormies are still passing out in the street, then they deserve to die. Grin

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 13, 08:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, indeed I do! I've just disabled it and hopefully that will improve matters. Didn't realize it would turn my dormies into such lobotomized vegetables! Thanks!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 13, 08:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, just realised it is called 'nouniprotect' not 'nodormieprotect'. Looks like you found it anyway. I took mine out ages ago as my dormies were dropping like flies Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 13, 10:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't turn them into lobotomized vegetables, they're normally lobotomized vegetables. Uni-protect just made them completely invulnerable so they could play the instruments non-stop FOREVER.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 13, 14:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormie ghosts add so much extra fun to Uni life, after all.

More F than you
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 13, 14:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stereos in all rooms will keep them awake if nothing else.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 13, 15:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stereos in all rooms will keep them awake if nothing else.

Yes, and a little boombox or stereo turned on near the front door keeps them off the sidewalk near the mailbox Wink
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 13, 15:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and a little boombox or stereo turned on near the front door keeps them off the sidewalk near the mailbox Wink
Not to mention, off the portal.  I've had passed out dormies block my sims from going to their finals.  VERY annoying.
I use the wallspeakers mostly, they're cheap and don't get in the way.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 13, 15:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can just take out the hack and don't include instruments on dorm lots. That's what I do. Of course, my current dorms are extremely small (one 3-story model on a 1x3 at the expensive school and the other one is on a 3x3 but it's crammed). I've never had potty issues with dormies, either, and I don't use BUY. My only recurring dormie annoyance is that the dumbasses are always making messes and no one cleans up but my sims.

I was having issues at Renwarr College with resident dormies announcing that it was late and they were leaving at 2:00 am. This since FreeTime, but I don't suspect it's the fault of the EP. They do leave the lot en masse, but come back mere seconds later and go back to their rooms. I also don't seem to get enough dormies in this one college for the 14 rooms. Whatever.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 13, 19:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sort of thing is why I don't allow dormies in my game. I don't even use the Myne doors anymore. I just use normal doors and lock them with the OFB functions and Inge's keys. If I don't have enough playable sims to fill a dorm, then the rooms sit empty, or I turn them into study rooms, art rooms, etc. Did I mention that I hate dormies?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 13, 21:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like them. I actually missed the little buggers when I was playing the Var house (tiny frat). They're great for drama. I have a couple dormies who really don't appreciate the cow mascot (Renwarr's mascot) or her avante garde style, and a few who get along with her well. All of mine now either hate each other or love each other, giving the photobooth lots of attention, and causing a few slap-fights when my playables pick out one for romancing.

One of the dormies was going to be the next mayor according to what I rolled on the randomizer, but then one of my marry-ins from the townie pool ended up being a senator.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 14, 21:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love dormies.  I love to see them run around like headless chicken and piss themselves.
It's only when they prevent my playables from doing stuff I object.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 14, 21:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like dormies, too -- I usually play with notownieregen active, but not the dormie version.  Many of them have been relationship fodder, and a few ended up as spouses/significant others.  By now, between that and nouniprotect, most of the original dormies in my main hood are long gone, and the new ones the game generates aren't half bad.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 15, 03:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like dormies, too -- I usually play with notownieregen active, but not the dormie version.  Many of them have been relationship fodder, and a few ended up as spouses/significant others.  By now, between that and nouniprotect, most of the original dormies in my main hood are long gone, and the new ones the game generates aren't half bad.

I think if I ever put nouniprotect back in, I will have to take out nodormieregen as well, otherwise I'll be constantly building new YAs to replace the "idiocides".

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 15, 03:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are all game-generated, but from a custom Live.package and Bruna's face templates. Cute little elfen things. Below is a live-in something-or-other, Caroline Byrnson:

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 15, 07:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I like the cowplant, get fed up with townie/dormies and the become plant food.

ISFJ
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 15, 14:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are all game-generated, but from a custom Live.package and Bruna's face templates. Cute little elfen things. Below is a live-in something-or-other, Caroline Byrnson:
<image snipped>

Is she a pregnant young adult? Because you know what that means...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 15, 15:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kitten killing!!!!  Shocked

No, she's not a pregnant YA. I've done that before, but I wasn't using InTeen. She's a full adult, living in the 'hood with Connor Bleu and running a little hair salon  in an outbuilding on her home lot. The bump is now a toddler named Cutter. Another stupid boy. (6 out of 7 of the 4th gen so far).

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 15, 15:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hairstyle definitely says 'home-business hair salon!'  Grin

Of course, the sadorandom child generator will cause your fifth generation to be children of polygamy/multiple divorces and affairs. But hey,  MOAR DRAMA.
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 15, 16:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird i have played all my sims through Uni since day one and have yet to have a dormie die or even pass out

Wonder if the same will happen with AL when it comes out if the other apartments on the block are filled with unwanted moronic townies
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 15, 16:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if the other apartments on the block are filled with unwanted moronic townies

GAH!!! Empty templates will be essential if that is the case!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 15, 17:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I set up empty templates for FT before ever starting it up. Fool me once, shame on EA. Fool me seven times, I don't think so.
That hairstyle definitely says 'home-business hair salon!'  Grin

Of course, the sadorandom child generator will cause your fifth generation to be children of polygamy/multiple divorces and affairs. But hey,  MOAR DRAMA.
I don't really do divorces. Ever. Indiscretions end in death. Only reason Julius Lowe got to live after impregnating his girlfriend's sister is because he wasn't actually engaged to his girlfriend at the time, and everyone had a piece of her sister. Oversoul = vengeful and decisive. Polygamy (non-sexist style) is a given at some point, but no one has yet presented themselves as a Free Love Cult founder. I had hopes for Bonnie, but she ended up being all about the sex and not at all about the love.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 15, 17:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird i have played all my sims through Uni since day one and have yet to have a dormie die or even pass out

You have to have nouniprotect installed to get this - otherwise your dormies remain invulnerable.

Tribulatio proxima est
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 15, 18:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really do divorces. Ever. Indiscretions end in death. Only reason Julius Lowe got to live after impregnating his girlfriend's sister is because he wasn't actually engaged to his girlfriend at the time, and everyone had a piece of her sister. Oversoul = vengeful and decisive. Polygamy (non-sexist style) is a given at some point, but no one has yet presented themselves as a Free Love Cult founder. I had hopes for Bonnie, but she ended up being all about the sex and not at all about the love.

I love hearing about your 'hood, Zazazu. In my hood that was started by 8 sims and no townies (all female, all lesbian, in order to have the highest chance of populating into future generations), I start to have dramas and characters, thanks for ACR, fightclub, and other awesome mods. I have one stud (can it be used for females?) -- who impregnated or had children with 4 sims and fathered/mothered 8 out of total 15 children -- that is not a romance sim, two couples banded together and hated each other to guts, one trouble maker who is now enemy with everybody except her lover just quit job the other day (I thought that was impossible, because I have come in low pay kind of hack to prevent employees from quitting). So I'm thinking what kind of outcast she should become now. 1/3 of the next generation just turned teen, and already one girl is poised to be a social butterfly, generating 2 bolts among all unrelated teen boys. One boy, although rollled up as a heterosextual, is really gay in everything he does. I think I should just let him be. All adults are single mothers living separately with no go steady/engagement/marriage from my part. One couple though went steady on their own (I didn't think that is possible). Now that I have quite some offsprings, and the women seem to have stopped becoming pregnant (I have risky woohoo and quiet pregnancy), I start to think maybe I should make them official, at least some of them.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 15, 18:55:11 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: