More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:53:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Questions: Stock market, and employee work friend
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Questions: Stock market, and employee work friend  (Read 5409 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Questions: Stock market, and employee work friend
« on: 2008 May 14, 01:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two questions. Instead of starting two topics, I'll just put them together here.

The first one is about stock market, as seen in this picture:

Where did it come from? Did it come from the Genie? This sim wished for wealth, and she got loads of money already. I just want to make sure it is not from some hack I have in there somewhere.

The other questions is whether employees bring home work friend, because I never had any. I hope it is not something I have that prevents them from bringing home friend.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Questions: Stock market, and employee work friend
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 14, 03:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stock tip is from the Investing perk for Fortune Sims. The only thing I dislike about it is that it affects business lots as well, so my Sims sometimes end up with -§160,000 or so for daily profits. I have no idea about the Employee bit.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 14, 03:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had employees bring home a friend. The friend didn't even work at the same place as my active sim.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 14, 03:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Far as I can tell, biz employees bring home other biz employees period, regardless of where they work, because they have the same raw career type.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 14, 03:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it just occurred to me tonight that I haven't seen a sim bring a friend home from work since I installed FT. I have Ste's dialog thing in the game (the work version of TJ's 'bring friend from school' thing), and it worked fine up to FT, and Ste cleared it as ok for FT.  No conflicts with anything else, as far as HCDU is concerned.

But maybe I'll take it out before I play next time and see if that's causing it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 14, 05:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it just occurred to me tonight that I haven't seen a sim bring a friend home from work since I installed FT. I have Ste's dialog thing in the game (the work version of TJ's 'bring friend from school' thing), and it worked fine up to FT, and Ste cleared it as ok for FT.  No conflicts with anything else, as far as HCDU is concerned.

But maybe I'll take it out before I play next time and see if that's causing it.

I haven't had a sim bring home a friend from work in a long time either. I've even "won" a couple of hobby chance cards where the result is that a hobby friend is supposed to come home and they still don't show. I don't have Ste's dialog hack, so it's a good chance that's not your problem. I'm sure it's one of my many hacks that causing it, but I haven't cared enough to go through the trouble of a check. I'm wondering if it could be the visitor controller though, because I feel like it didn't start with installing FT, but sometime afterwards and that's the only completely new mod I've added in.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 14, 13:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, the visitor controller is really only active if you spawn the controller and make some settings.  By default, it only bans the annoying NPCs, like the gypsy. I've had the VC in my game since forever, and it never interfered with bringing friends home.  Must be a bug/quirk in FT.

TJ has a fix for the 'bring home hobby friend' thing over on simbology that make cure that problem for you.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 14, 14:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, bother. I saw TJ's hobbyfriend mod, but I thought it was trying to fix sims bringing home the same friend every day. Since that's not my problem, I didn't put it in. I was just hoping it was the VC because I really hate to go through the trouble of a binary search. Especially since, right now, it's almost like a feature instead of a bug. My sims have enough friends.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 14, 14:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know they do. Now, how to get them bring some home.

I don't have Ste's Carpool Bring Friend Dialog either. I do have visitor controller and 'bring home hobby friend'. I also have two custom careers (happily unemployed and self-employed). Wonder if they affect this.

Now I'm looking at Ste's Carpool Bring Friend Dialog thread, maybe it is nofraternization? What does it do anyway? It's only packed in the DC, and not downloadable separately in the directory, so it does not have rtfm. I'll take it out to see.

[edited] ok, Pescado actually explained what nofrat does. How is the within 2 levels applied to employee career track, which only has two levels, non-manager and manager. So it should not prevent. I'll take it out anyway to see.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 14, 14:36:15 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 14, 14:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have TJ's school friend hack but not Ste's work version. I don't get that many friends brought home. A few, but honestly until I had Penelope (senator) marry in, I'd had perhaps two work friends come home in three generations and 23 sims (approx 12 working in careers). Penelope now comes home with Oscar, the mayor, almost daily.

School buddies, though...that's a daily occurence. Always the cousins, and almost every child brings a friend home, almost every day. I also have extremely increased walk-ins since Freetime (they almost always come in twos now). That and the school buddy increase mean that my huge extended family is still pretty tight. I'm not complaining...the 'hood's kind of in a drama lull right now so it works for me to have everyone getting along.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 14, 16:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prior to FT, I used to get work friends come home.  Since FT I haven't noticed it happening.  Mind you, it was usually Rohina who brought PhyllisP home, when they were both in the Army.  Now that Rohina has a home business making cheap robots and PhyllisP has been eaten by Rohina's cow plant, that would account for part of it.  I'll have to check some other households.

Tribulatio proxima est
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 14, 17:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new neighbourhood following a total reinstall before adding BV & FT. TJ's school friends hack is in. My first sim answered the hobby chance card correctly when she chose to share her music collection at work and is now cursed to bring home the same game-generated garden club loser every day for the rest of her life. Live and learn, that card gets Ignored forevermore. My second sim, in the Athletic track, has, independent of any chance cards, brought home a friend twice - both times, it was the same sim. Don't know that any of my other townies is actually in the same career track, so it might have only one option to send with him. Still, with FT and "school friends" in, it appears my sims will bring the occasional friend home from work.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 14, 17:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first sim answered the hobby chance card correctly when she chose to share her music collection at work and is now cursed to bring home the same game-generated garden club loser every day for the rest of her life.

TJ has a fix for that here.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: