More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:08:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Townies and downtownies not dying properly on cue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townies and downtownies not dying properly on cue  (Read 5157 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Townies and downtownies not dying properly on cue
« on: 2008 May 23, 16:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been an adherent of the practice of killing off unwanted townies, dormies, etc. using Rodney's Death Creator, and other such items (cough*Insim*cough) since I first started playing the base game.  This worked well up until now (base-uni-NL-OFB-Seasons-BV-FT). 

Yesterday evening, I noticed that there were base hood townies who still "responded" to the Rodney treatment, but there were also others who did not die when requested.  I could make them selectable and select a lulzy death for them, but it immediately dropped out of the queue.
(On the other hand, I was still able to kill off Zazazu, requiring a "quit without save" to remedy.)

Does Rodney's Death Creator work only on regular hood townies and not "downtownies" or sub-hood non-playables, or is there something (God forefend) conflicting in my game?

Tribulatio proxima est
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Townies and downtownies not dying properly on cue
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 23, 16:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you still have InSim, it's conflicting. It hasn't been updated for FT.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 23, 17:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I knew that.  I meant to say that I used Insim in the past (it is not loaded currently).  Yesterday I was just using "Rodney".  Still didn't seem to work.  My next approach will be to experiment with wanton smiting using the Debugger.  I may also try ladderless pools.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 23, 18:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(On the other hand, I was still able to kill off Zazazu, requiring a "quit without save" to remedy.)
What!?!?! What the hell did I do? I was okay with you making me live in a shack down by the river, but killing me seems a little extreme.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 23, 19:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What!?!?! What the hell did I do? I was okay with you making me live in a shack down by the river, but killing me seems a little extreme.

I pulled the Rodney trigger a bit too fast, not realizing which sim was selected at the time.  No worries.  I exited without saving and got you back.  It never happened.  Embarrassed

Just read another post of yours - smite 4 times, eh?  I'll try that.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 23, 19:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. Make sure you pause & queue. Otherwise they wise up and hightail off the lot.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 23, 20:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  One of the only known examples of sims behaving in a reasonable manner.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 24, 08:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had this happen with a playable.  Deleting the sim and re-entering the lot made her killable again.
This was an elder, due to die of old age, though; it might not be the same.  I checked her stats in simpe and found she had 65535 days left to live, which Pescado tells me is a sign of a corrupt death when it occurs in sims who are still alive.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 24, 10:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InSim is slated to be updated by the end of Monday.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 24, 16:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack, I just had it happen too during a townie aging round. One stupid sim wouldn't die. I tried aging him to death with the SimBlender. I smote his ass about 12 times. I tried every option on the death creator. I manually drug all his bars down to nothing. Nada. He'd just stand around being whiny, and I could see the game increasing his motives. I'm just going to Deleted 2 him, but it's annoying.

Two twin-sets P&L:
« Last Edit: 2008 May 24, 17:16:59 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 24, 17:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I smote his ass about 12 times.

tried to kill my nanny of like that, twice. she left right away the first time. but instead of leaving the second time, even though pascal is home, she tries for force feed the offspring. i finally had to kill her with the death creator. now she haunts one of the upperstories that has no stairs to get down.  Tongue

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: