More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:23:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims Freeze During Fires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims Freeze During Fires  (Read 4263 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims Freeze During Fires
« on: 2008 May 09, 11:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a recurring and annoying bug in my game, and after asking around, I was recommended to come here, since most of the hacks in my game are MATY-ware. Whenever my lots catch on fire, all the Sims freeze in their current actions, usually fire-panic mode. Time continues to pass, the firefighter arrives, but /she, too, is stuck and doesn't do anything. I'm running Base + Nightlife on a laptop with Vista (ugh), and have had this problem since I installed Nightlife, but never before.

Specs (I am not certain what of this is relevant, but I figure I'll save time and dump it all regardless):

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 GHz 1.47 GHz
RAM: 2550 MB
Display adapters: Mobile Intel 965 Express

Hacks/mods:

MATY: biotechfix, breakupfix, coffeecuphack, firemod, frontdoorhack, nl-anticrash, noaplusspam, noplagiarism.
Non-awesome: Smonaff jealousy hack, Jenflower homework hack, both from MTS2.

I tested the bug on an almost-empty lot with a CAS adult and saved the logs in a zip file, which I can upload if it would be helpful. With testingCheatsEnabled on it is possible to reset the error and the Sim in question will put out the fire and go on with his life.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims Freeze During Fires
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 09, 22:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem when I had both firemod and Carrigon's 'forever burn' fireplace hack installed.

Upload the error log if you can.

HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 10, 18:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm uploading the object error file, but I also have the app error file. I just can't upload them both at once because their combined size is over the limit.

The object I used to set the fire was the Maxis default cheapest grill.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 10, 22:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't got a clue Cheesy Sorry. All I can say is make sure your hacks are updated and relevant for NL. If it is still occuring, try running the game CC free. If the bug doesn't occur in a vanilla game put the hacks in 50/50 at a time to see what is causing it.

katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 20, 06:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem whenever I put the firemod in my downloads folder as well. I even tried testing it with zero other hacks in use and it still just made the game slow to a snail's pace while things burned for hours. Did anyone ever figure out what the problem was? I have the 18 Nov 2008 version that says it works for TS2 thru TS2-FT, unless that isn't the correct one. And like the OP, I am also running with NL as my highest EP. (I also have Uni.)  Help?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: