More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:15:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No Bills At Dorms
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Bills At Dorms  (Read 4456 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
No Bills At Dorms
« on: 2008 May 07, 17:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not exactly sure when this started but my Sims no longer receive bills while they are living in dormitories. The mail carrier arrives as usual, walks to the front of the mailbox, and then immediately walks back to the sidewalk to do her little idle thing before leaving. I thought it might be the mailbox cover so I tried both the original and the awesome versions and still nothing. I cleared everything out of the ordinary on the lot debugger and made sure there was no invalid mail with TJ's college adjuster. I even moved my Sims to a new dorm, thinking it was just something wonky on the old lot but still no bills. The mail gets delivered without issue at the campus Greek houses and back in the regular neighborhood. I have all EPs/SPs and HCDU shows nothing out of the ordinary. No errors occur so there is no log to share.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: No Bills At Dorms
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 07, 18:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIR, this happens when all dorm residents were born ingame. Move one CAS YA into the dorm, and the bill will arrive as usual.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 07, 18:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fascinating, that never would have occurred to me. Thanks for the tip!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 07, 18:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I've had b.i.g. sims get dorm bills, but only if I move them into a brand-new, never-played-before dorm.  If you keep reusing the same dorms over and over, the objects in them eventually depreciated to nothing, so there's no bill for them.  I discovered this when I got tired of seeing the same dorms over and over generation after generation and went on a hunt for new pre-made dorms.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 07, 18:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reused a dorm once but after having one of those mysterious "OMG! Scratchy icon thought bubble! Eek!" spots now I always bulldoze the dorm when my Sims leave and replace it with a new copy from the lot bin. I have been using  this dorm without a problem since my founder started Uni, but when the bills stopped coming I downloaded a couple more to see if it was just that one lot.

ETA: Problem solved with the addition of a new CAS dormie, just as Lord Darcy suggested. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 2008 May 07, 20:01:15 by gynarchy » Logged

Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 07, 20:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's great that this issue was solved, but why does it occur? (Just curious.)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 07, 22:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using  this dorm without a problem since my founder started Uni, but when the bills stopped coming I downloaded a couple more to see if it was just that one lot.

Oh, yea, I grabbed Nec's 2 dorms -- they're pretty nice.  I also have some from MTS2 that were made by starrling -- her Brixham set has a lot of nice uni buildings (and others).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 13, 19:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's great that this issue was solved, but why does it occur? (Just curious.)

I believe the idea is that sims with families have their parents cover their bills, wheras CAS YAs don't have anyone to foot the bill so get to pay their own bills  Roll Eyes

INFP or something
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 13, 21:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're giving EAxis too much credit there. I don't believe there was any logical sense to it. That CAS sims get bills is because EAxis forgot to tie some necessary coding into CAS creation that is normally implemented when you move a sim over from the base 'hood.

I don't think there should be dorm bills as I make everything rough for them as it is. No dorm bills and free land is about the only thing my sims get handed to them. Scholarships go to their tuition unless their parents are rich and can afford the $20k or $8k (depending on the school) or if they are kids of the mayor and going to the tech school. Then they have nothing and can suffer to get to the point where they can put a roof over their heads and pay their 10% property taxes every season, as well as their mortgages.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 14, 03:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I wondered if it had something to do with one of the scholarships the students can get awarded. I always use the same dorm (though different games) and always have born-in-game sims. Sometimes they get bills and sometimes they don't. I have never taken note of what particular scholarships they got prior to going to Uni but I assumed that maybe there was one that covered the cost of Uni.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: