More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:14:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Questions, questions..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Questions, questions..  (Read 8405 times)
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
Questions, questions..
« on: 2008 May 06, 10:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't really a "where-can-i-find-this-and-that-cc-post", so don't move it to the CC-thread. Smiley

I'm just asking, has anyone made.. ?

- A mod, that disables romance-interactions between same-sex sims
(Or is that even possible? I want my sims to be perfectly straight, nothing else.)

- A mod, that prevents sims constantly busting to play SSX 3 when left unoccupied
(That's just bugging the heck out of me! Not all sims are computer-freaks!)

- A mod, that prevents sims from autonomusly stopping the "Chat With.."-interaction
(Again, sims stop that and start to play SSX 3.... GRRR!)

- A mod, that enables romance-interactions between young adults -> teens, teens -> adults and young adults -> adults
(Hey, people in real life have older/younger girlfriends/boyfriends, so why not sims!)

Well, these are the critical ones. If I suddenly remember something else, I'll post it here. Smiley

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Questions, questions..
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 06, 10:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Or is that even possible? I want my sims to be perfectly straight, nothing else.)
Sims do not autonomously romance unless given a preference and no present romantic interest. Sims will not initiate an action that deviates from their preferences, although sims will, by default, accept everything. Get the Romance Mod to fix it.

- A mod, that prevents sims constantly busting to play SSX 3 when left unoccupied

- A mod, that prevents sims from autonomusly stopping the "Chat With.."-interaction
(Again, sims stop that and start to play SSX 3.... GRRR!)
(That's just bugging the heck out of me! Not all sims are computer-freaks!)
The SSX3 issues are really just the tip of the iceberg. OCD is pervasive and pretty much has to be stopped at a lower level.

- A mod, that enables romance-interactions between young adults -> teens, teens -> adults and young adults -> adults
(Hey, people in real life have older/younger girlfriends/boyfriends, so why not sims!)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 06, 10:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip - kitten killed>

InTeen is not the only mod that enables romance interactions between teens and older age groups though. Try Jenflower's WooHoo Teens or dizzy's hack.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 06, 12:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unnecessary.

Yes.

Prevents? No. Allows you to instruct them to socialize until stopped? Yes.

Yes.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 06, 13:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics.package - macro/socialize/friendly will keep sims interacting with another sim until the STR reaches 100 or you tell your sim to stop.

You can use TwoJeff's autonomous casual romance mod to set gender preferences (can also be set in SimPE) and the parameters you want for autonomous romantic interactions.

Tribulatio proxima est
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 06, 15:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all sims are computer-freaks!

False! Maybe not all people are computer freaks, (though this is debatable) but all Sims are. The sooner we accept this, the sooner we can place a hack in the game and allow the healing to begin.
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 06, 16:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs (his site is called Simbology) has a teen/adult attraction hack that works beautifully along with his ACR (Autonomous Casual Romance, as has already been mentioned).  You won't see the romantic options under the regular menu (and there will be no attraction lightning bolts showing on the relationship panel), but they will be accessible through the ACR menu (under "Casual").  This particular one does not allow teen pregnancy, but that does not appear to be what you are looking for.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 06, 16:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<truncated>
No to the kitten killer!

These issues can be easily solved with a combo of romancemod (here) and ACR (Simbiology). You can change the gender preference on ACR to 100% straight*. Then go to Misc...Gender Preference...Randomize 'Hood. They then won't try to get frisky with the same sex. ACR will also allow all the relationship sets you want. The only one it doesn't do is teen & elder, and teens can't get pregnant. Because that kills fuzzy little kittens.

*Though why? Gayness is a part of life, and often is the only way to lessen the baby plague.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 06, 16:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't really a "where-can-i-find-this-and-that-cc-post", so don't move it to the CC-thread. Smiley

Well, these are the critical ones. If I suddenly remember something else, I'll post it here. Smiley

Well hey, in real life people are also homosexuals and lesbians, so why not sims!

I find it interesting and somewhat disturbing that you are so off-put by same sex relationships but are perfectly fine with adult/teen romantic interactions. Personally the thought of Daniel Pleasant playing grab-ass with Meadow Thayer is pretty off-putting to me.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 06, 16:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting and somewhat disturbing that you are so off-put by same sex relationships but are perfectly fine with adult/teen romantic interactions. Personally the thought of Daniel Pleasant playing grab-ass with Meadow Thayer is pretty off-putting to me.

Considering what I was up to when I was 17/18, I'm not really in a throwing-stones kinda house, but...
Yeah, Meadow Thayer having sleepovers at Mortimer's or Daniel's is pretty yucky, but I'm considering allowing some non-autonomous romantic eyeballing from my 17ish teens towards the younger adults, not for any precocious/ill-advised nookie but for scoping out potential partners for future reference. Let 'em make some friends with an eye for the future, kind of thing. I've always had a thing for older men, myself, so age differences *once everyone involved is an adult* are fine by me, but there's more than enough WooHoo to go around in my game without dragging the underage crowd into it.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 06, 18:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have my teens date YA's.  That's not so weird to me.  But I also let their turn-ons/turn-offs help dictate their sexuality, even if the majority of sims in my game are straight.  Gen 5 guy rolls a turn-on of facial hair?  He's gay.  (Sure, there MAY be women out their with beards, but there aren't any in MY game, so he'd die alone if he wasn't gay.  XD)
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 06, 18:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have my teens date YA's.  That's not so weird to me.  But I also let their turn-ons/turn-offs help dictate their sexuality, even if the majority of sims in my game are straight.  Gen 5 guy rolls a turn-on of facial hair?  He's gay.  (Sure, there MAY be women out there with beards, but there aren't any in MY game, so he'd die alone if he wasn't gay.  XD)

I'm sorry about this, but I have issues with people misusing those homophones...
I'd really like it if you don't hate me for this.
Though you can if you want, I'd prefer if you didn't.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 06, 19:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry about this, but I have issues with people misusing those homophones...

Grin For some reason, this post made me like you more. So if you lost Quinctia's respect, you gained mine. Whatever consolation that is...
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 06, 19:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like a good thing, so long as you don't break all of my books  Wink

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 06, 19:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin For some reason, this post made me like you more. So if you lost Quinctia's respect, you gained mine. Whatever consolation that is...

Excellent work, young MATYwans.  Misuse of homophones is an offence against MATY.  Some day the Grammar Police may reward you (or at least not poke you too hard).  For the ways of the Grammar Police are straight and many incur their wrath.

Tribulatio proxima est
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 07, 04:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SSX3 issues are really just the tip of the iceberg. OCD is pervasive and pretty much has to be stopped at a lower level.

True enough, but for me some of their OCD behaviors are highly annoying, some are sort of cute or funny, and others I can just ignore.  The SSX thing was one of my Top Three Most Annoying Sim Behaviors, and until I found a hack that fixed it (Inge's, I believe) I just refused to give computers to my sims.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 07, 17:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the ways of the Grammar Police are straight and many incur their wrath.

And here I thought they were subtle and quick to anger...

Grin

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 07, 18:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hey, in real life people are also homosexuals and lesbians, so why not sims!

I have ACR with teen/adult enabled a lot of the time, not because I have any love for older adults going after my teens, but because I don't like having teens that were going steady with each other completely unable to interact romantically just because one of them moved to college and the other one's still a teen.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 07, 18:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the ways of the Grammar Police are straight and many incur their wrath.

And here I thought they were subtle and quick to anger...
 Grin

That too, although I am not sure that what I said contradicts you - "quick to anger", "incur wrath" - you can call it if you like.  Cool

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 07, 22:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Straight" and "subtle" are the not-quite-the-same concepts I was commenting on. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: