More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:13:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Lot Impostor Challenge: Build the MATY Senate.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Impostor Challenge: Build the MATY Senate.  (Read 77537 times)
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Lot Impostor Challenge: Build the MATY Senate.
« Reply #50 on: 2008 June 14, 06:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! Just Wow! These are all so beautiful! I have a hood that's being built from building practice. Maybe I'd better try some of these, too. I can't imagine who would win since they're all so wonderfully built!

Edited: Comma trying to pass itself off as a period.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 15, 03:29:09 by Cimaronna » Logged

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 June 14, 19:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Left awesome shot:

Oh look, it has a statue of me outside Cheesy

J'approve Wink
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 June 15, 01:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J'approve Wink

Hurr. You knew exactly what I was thinking.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 June 15, 09:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J'approve Wink

Hurr. You knew exactly what I was thinking.

How very perceptive of you to notice that I am the real puppet master of the Senate Wink
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 June 15, 09:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the entries outclass mine by miles, but I'm adding it anyway in the hope of providing some lulz.
This is now a generic building modeled on some of the small town court buildings I've seen.

It's not nearly classy enough for our senate, I know. I hope that what constitutes the back of the building makes up for it.
May I present out senate's own game arena!

As you can see, it's large enough to accommodate a large number of noobs and tards who are to be punished for whatever reasons.
The senate can relax and enjoy the fights and/or torture while sitting comfortably in the shade. Gates are added at either end of the arena to admit and prevent escape of the offenders.

Added to the second floor is a walkway for those of our beloved senators who would like to watch the action from above.

An awning provides shade to prevent overheating.

I had intended to build something much nicer but ran out of room. I hope that you at least like the gaming arena!  Grin

Edit: I forgot to add my EP's, those being Deluxe, Uni and OFB.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 21, 14:20:08 by Cimaronna » Logged

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 June 15, 09:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that is cute! What size lot is it built on?

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 June 15, 11:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cimaronna, that game arena is pure genius. A winrar is you! (And, you are granted the right to have both weapons and shields in the game arena, should the Senate ever feel you deserve to be punished with pointy sticks.)

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 June 15, 13:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is pure genius, Cimaronna! It looks like such a mild, normal building on the outside. But on the inside it is the essence of MATY!

We can haz link to the file?
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 June 15, 18:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that is cute! What size lot is it built on?

The lot is 2X3. I started out badly to begin with but wasn't about to give up my game arena idea. *blush* I'd thought of recreating the Parthenon (or other classic structure). The main building took a hit when I realized that the arena would be too small for a large number of offenders combined with viewing space. I *hem* also stole borrowed your idea to leave the interiors alone. Possible loss of Annan's offer for shields and/or pointy sticks is accepted and hugely regretted.

Cimaronna, that game arena is pure genius. A winrar is you! (And, you are granted the right to have both weapons and shields in the game arena, should the Senate ever feel you deserve to be punished with pointy sticks.)

Many thanks to (all of) you! I might have lost one or both of those, *for stealing rather than thinking for myself* but I prostrate myself before all of you in the hope of retaining at least one. Oh, I'll probably be punished at some point. Noob=Cimaronna=occasional dolt. I ain't purfekt.  Grin

That is pure genius, Cimaronna! It looks like such a mild, normal building on the outside. But on the inside it is the essence of MATY!

We can haz link to the file?

Kazzandraaaa! You made me do extra work! Horrors!  Shocked I didn't package it as I really didn't think anyone would want it. However, I did go back, package and upload it just for you (and anyone else who might want to improve things). The first floor interior will need some TLC (i.e. Walls need to be redone. I just slapped 'em in there when I realized that I was running out of space.). Link for you now added. Make it grand!

http://www.mediafire.com/?uziymkpoc2d
Edited just because I can.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 15, 22:23:01 by Cimaronna » Logged

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 July 03, 20:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Front Far:

Hm. It has a nice sinister touch.

EDIT: Bah. I created a rather massive and intricate Senate building complete with Senate Chambers and all manner of amenities, including Jelenedra's office next to the boiler room and a variation of a game arena idea that resides within the center of the floor of the Senate Chamber. But naturally the game decides to crash when I placed a diving board, so there goes 3 hours of work. Oh well.

EDIT EDIT: Well I started a new one, that's completely different to my previous one and I'm liking it much better. It's nowhere near finished yet (so the decor is just temporary and mostly placeholder stuff), but I got some pics to show y'all so you can get an idea of everything.

The Senate Chamber

The center of the floor retracts...

To reveal a pit, in which unsuspecting morons can be sealed within to face direct punishment from the senate when the floor recedes. It can also be viewed from below and flooded to provide a useful shark tank (shark sold seperately). It's green for ease of christmas decoration. Red and green look good together, you see.  Wink

Fallout shelter with emergency prison cell and at least 7 beds.

An office

Jelenedra's office
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 16:05:22 by Alex » Logged
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 July 05, 10:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C'mon, Alex!  Quit holding out on us, man!  You know, it is an impostor challenge.  Interior decorations are not really important.  Do what you want, though.

Kazzandra, castles are naturally governmental and gloriously medieval and decadent.  I approve.

Cimaronna, that is quaint, sort of reminiscent of small colonial-era buildings or rural town halls, which is an interesting angle.  Your arena innovation, however, I am predicting to be a regular feature of many future submissions.

MORE IMPOSTORS!  If ever I get the chance to actually load the game and mess around, I will be submitting some more samples of civic-type impostors to share.  Where are the presumptive simArchitects?  Build more glorious monuments to bureaucratic waste and ostentatious extravagance!  Don't let the oneupmanship one-up you down!  Reciprocate!  Filibuster!  Stonewall!

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 July 05, 11:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C'mon, Alex!  Quit holding out on us, man!  You know, it is an impostor challenge.  Interior decorations are not really important.  Do what you want, though.
I'm having so much fun designing it I decided to design the interior.

The exterior is interesting though. I can't remember what inspired it. I originally tried a Greek parthenon style but it didn't really work at all. Then I tried a slight U.S. Capitol inspired building but that also didn't work I'm not showing anything until it's mostly done though.  Tongue
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 July 06, 14:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kazzandra, castles are naturally governmental and gloriously medieval and decadent.  I approve.

Man, even when I'm not meaning to build castles I do... Crapola. I phail at building modern shiz. Guess because I have no practice!  Tongue
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 July 06, 18:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kazzandra, your castle-like edifice is loverly!  Modern design sometimes misses out on the officious nature of the government-type building required of  this challenge.  Castle away!

Cimaronna - I love the challenge arena.  I totally agree with Annan - could be a must for all future uploads.

Alex, the exterior is lovely and furnished!  Bonus.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 July 07, 20:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine a MATY Senate building without a gaming arena, to be honest.  Wink I'm glad you all liked the idea!

For my next entry, I decided to try building the New York City Hall:

My version is not quite the same as I couldn't remember the details while building. I squished it a bit to cut down on size but it's certainly more governmental than before.

In recognition of governmental overspending, I added far more decorations than I normally would. On the side are stairs leading down to the dungeon basement. All accesses to the building are lockable.

From the rear, there is more plant life, a thing some fortune sims would be ecstatic over (for about 5 seconds), a large patio for outdoor dining, and what would be a swimming pool if only my game wouldn't crash while trying to build one. I left the outline to show that it was intended and/or for someone else to build whose game isn't borkinated should they decide to download. I also tried to leave some space for greenhouses or whatever else one might like.

The roof area features doors on either side. I thought our senators might like to party on the roof! There is all kinds of space to include skilling objects on the roof, if desired.

I didn't add awnings this time in case someone wanting to download doesn't have OFB. They would be there but for that. Stairs are lockable.

The second floor features bedrooms/offices and bathrooms. In this version, I included half-walls so that lookouts could scan the lobby below for intruders/offenders. Stairs are lockable.

The first floor contains a living room, kitchen/dining area, offices and yet more bathrooms. An open lobby/hall allows (I hope) for more skilling objects or hobbies. Again, all accesses are lockable.

Last but not least, the gaming arena (left) is in the basement this time. Attached to it is a holding area should our senators prefer to torture individuals one at a time. This can also be used for storage. Low lighting adds to the atmosphere of impending doom. Half-walls allow better access to offenders by sheer dint of proximity. MOAR torture!  Grin

A seating area is available should anyone get tired but still want to watch. There is a small kitchen area available so our beloved senators can munch and get right back to the fun. Both a public and a full private bathroom is user ready. Also added is a large bedroom with an attached bathroom for the senator(s) or Pescado who would like to stay down there to continue pokings at odd hours. Jelendra's office contains an extra desk for the working senator who doesn't want to miss anything. As I couldn't remember the style it should be decorated in, I chose pinks to emulate her "new gay" status.  Wink

I hope that you all like my new version. Should you want it for your hood, you can get it here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/54393819/1ab0cf6e/Senate_Building_Cim_v2.html?dirPwdVerified=f1ccdab3

ETA to add that I have Deluxe, Uni and OFB. Building fixed.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 09, 21:06:19 by Cimaronna » Logged

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 July 07, 20:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached to it is a holding area should our senators prefer to torture individuals one at a time.
Bah! You stole my idea, and I haven't even mentioned it yet. I've got a whole prison/torture wing lined up.

But really, it looks great. The rooftop seems a bit random though  Tongue
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 July 07, 22:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cimaronna, take all the crap off the roof (apart from the ninja-he looks good there) and it will be perfect. Do those objects show in neighbourhood view anyway?

Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 July 08, 04:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma, yes they do. You're right and thank you. I should have taken them off first. Actually, since I forgot to add better flooring for the living room, I think I'll fix those things and reload the building. I saw Mildly's approval of the ninja and added it at the last minute.

Edit: Fixed lot though not the pictures. No more extra crap on the roof, just the ninja and smaller statues.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 04:41:23 by Cimaronna » Logged

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 July 08, 14:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached to it is a holding area should our senators prefer to torture individuals one at a time.
Bah! You stole my idea, and I haven't even mentioned it yet. I've got a whole prison/torture wing lined up.

The appropriate response in these situations is, "I'm glad I thought of that!"  Then use your new idea at will.  I like this concept and I am glad I thought of it.

Cimaronna, that entry is awesome, and more representative of the presumptive and putative magnificence and beguiling effulgence that is the Senate than your previous entry.  Not that I did not like it, mind, but just that I think more pompous and pretentious grandiosity is more appropriate. 

I am hoping that more people use real government buildings as inspiration, because the ones submitted so far that do look great.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 July 08, 18:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so glad you thought of it, too!  Tongue

Now I need to go back and redo the front of the building so it looks closer to its model. Many thanks for the "awesome" comment!

Edit: Building is fixed --final version and front view picture reloaded to reflect the change.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 19:14:49 by Cimaronna » Logged

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 July 08, 19:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks much nicer! The Ninja gives the roof a sleek touch.  Grin
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 July 08, 23:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Now where's yours? Tongue

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 July 09, 09:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's coming along veeeerrrryy slooooowwly. I've kinda reached a block as to what I could do to it next. Particularly the colour scheme...
Metatwaddle
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 July 09, 17:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New York's City Hall would be greatly improved by the addition of a giant ninja statue on the roof. I approve.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 August 11, 10:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it has been over a month since any impostors have been submitted, I am offering another in hopes of provoking more.  If you have failed to represent a submission here as yet, then you still have until September 21 to show that you are not a complete loser.

So, here is a hypothetical MATY Senate building based very loosely on the Kremlin Senate in Moscow.  Because, as at MATY, as in life, and in Soviet Russia, Senate votes for you!  Of course, all of the trim is stained in blood.  Would it be any other way?

Impostor views:

Get it here:

MATY Kremlin Senate.7z   

MATY Kremlin Senate.zip 

This really fails as a good impostor since I was not aware of how broken the diagonal roof was in impostor view.  It is much better since I deleted the attic flooring, but it is still less than satisfactory, to my thinking.  Still, I made it, so I might as well share it here.  Someone might want to use it for something.  Uses expansion packs through Seasons, possibly.

Don't give up now!  There is still plenty of time.  Entries will be accepted until the last day of Summer 2008, September 21!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: