More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:48:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 235898 times)
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #350 on: 2008 July 05, 20:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice one, thanks!
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: 2008 July 06, 00:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to be able to centre a single tile door between two tiles. I like symmetry. Ideally it would be easier than using boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (although if that would work, I'd settle) and more like the ease for 45 degree angle and multi-object placement.

The Colonic door is a single door with an extra-wide frame that covers two tiles.  Learn to mesh, and clone single doors from it.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2008 July 06, 01:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Colonic door...

Guaranteed to make sims run..?   Cheesy

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: 2008 July 06, 02:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, that's not the door's real name.  It's based on the Maxis name, though.   Tongue

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2008 July 06, 10:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A hack to rob other sims would be cool (maybe as a variation of "attack" with a random amount of loot when the attacker wins the fight). It would be even cooler if this could happen autonomously, so there'd be a chance of getting robbed yourself (yeah, there's the charlatan, but he is too affected. Plus, pickpocketing is for cowards).

I love to play 'hoods where nobody has a "real" job, but seing my more sinister sims doing honest work like farming or fishing grieves me. It's so humilitating.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2008 July 06, 12:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive just thought of a good one:

to be able to browse buy / buy mode while the game still runs in the background, real time.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2008 July 06, 19:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? I've never seen a single purple roof. And the game does have a variety of colours from which to choose. Do you mean you wish to give a different roof colour to buildings on the same lot, or have you just not found the "roof colours" section?

You obviously haven't checked out the "wonderful" roof recolors available at just about any site there is.  Weird color options, I say.  I want different roof colours available on the same building.  Sort of like the individual roof slope, but with roof colors; but I only want that if someone is able to do a copper roof.  I would love to be able to have a copper roof over a small entry door or something.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2008 July 06, 23:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a hack that makes shy sims actually act like Introverts. Their social should go down when they interact with other sims, and go up over time as they stay by themselves. Writing in a diary can expedite this.
I think you want Nopedostalkers. It greatly reduces the tendency for shy sims to interact with others, especially strangers!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2008 July 06, 23:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I know it isn't possible, I wish there were something to make it possible to interact with the Unsavory Charlatan.  He amuses me, and it's sad that you have to wait until he chooses to interact with your sim.  I've only really ever seen "Be Greeted," "Have Pocket Picked," and "Fisticuffs!"  (though I think Fisticuffs! is sort of funny.) 

I don't understand the want to have magically changed colors of sheets and underwear.  Most people I know do not own dozens of sets of bedding in fiesta colors, or even underwear, if it comes to that.  I always figured the sim was putting on a clean set of whatever underwear they were wearing.  If they aren't clean in general, they start to green-fume. 

PB

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2008 July 07, 00:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I know it isn't possible, I wish there were something to make it possible to interact with the Unsavory Charlatan.  He amuses me, and it's sad that you have to wait until he chooses to interact with your sim.  I've only really ever seen "Be Greeted," "Have Pocket Picked," and "Fisticuffs!"  (though I think Fisticuffs! is sort of funny.)
Well, he's a nameless character. While it's POSSIBLE to enable interaction with nameless characters, it's not very useful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Metatwaddle
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2008 July 07, 01:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Oh yeah, and zombies should be able to run. They should shamble as their normal "walk", but also be able to run.
It's a pain that zombies are so slow, but what I do is take them to the Far East (a bit of treasure digging or fishing and the trip will pay for itself) and get the ninja to teach them to teleport. Very convenient.

ETA: You have to have BV to do this, obviously.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 07, 01:34:50 by Metatwaddle » Logged
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2008 July 07, 01:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a hack that makes shy sims actually act like Introverts. Their social should go down when they interact with other sims, and go up over time as they stay by themselves. Writing in a diary can expedite this.
I think you want Nopedostalkers. It greatly reduces the tendency for shy sims to interact with others, especially strangers!

I have it, but I had no idea it did that. Cool beans.
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2008 July 11, 16:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something that gets rid of the danged coffee and chocolate cups. I'm sick of sims walking upstairs to the furthest away available surface to put the damned things down, only to pick it back up again, do the neverending return journey and put it in the dishwasher!
I'm sure at one point I had a coffee cup hack (might have been one of squinges?) but it's been removed from mod the sims (or at least I can't find it) and I don't know that it works anymore - I think it's an oldie.

For some reason, I can't have a maid if I have a fishtank. They always get stuck on the fishtank, which is pants.

Something that fixes the fact that nobody does the tai chi, slap dance and hula dance on the holiday lots any more. The only way to learn all of these is bring bigfoot back with you, and get him to do them. And I hate bigfoot. I have all patches, all eps and all stuff packs cept Ikea, and it hasn't worked since I installed freetime. (even before I started adding hacks, so it's not that)

The other thing I discovered on one of Pescados hacks is wonderful fun though. The black box with the batman logo on it? The smite option. Brilliant. Truly inspired.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2008 July 11, 16:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The coffee cup hack is one of Pescados. I think it's in the Director's Cut.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2008 July 11, 17:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible a silly question......if I download the directors cut, do I have to remove the individual hacks, or will it just overwrite them?
I have a lot going with the hacks already in place (mainly the ACR one) and I don't want it to bork it up.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2008 July 11, 18:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are two answers to this, depending on what you meant:

Any individual hack package file in the Director's Cut is no different than the one you download separately, at least for the ones that can be downloaded separately. As such, they will overwrite the individual package file in your downloads folder, unless you have whatever program you use specifically set not to overwrite (all the ones I can think of will ask you if you want to overwrite, by default, IIRC).

HOWEVER! I'm pretty sure that placed hack objects do not automatically update BHAVs, so if you, for example, download an updated FFS debugger, you should sell and re-buy the debugger on that lot.

I hope one or both of these answers helped.

And now I'd like to reiterate that I'd like an Inteen-type-thing that doesn't kill kittens, because it's important to me Cheesy

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2008 July 11, 21:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOWEVER! I'm pretty sure that placed hack objects do not automatically update BHAVs, so if you, for example, download an updated FFS debugger, you should sell and re-buy the debugger on that lot.

O rly? I never have. I just get new options or re-arranged options or whatever on the batman or macro box whenever I update my hacks.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: 2008 July 11, 21:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O rly? I never have. I just get new options or re-arranged options or whatever on the batman or macro box whenever I update my hacks.

Same here.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2008 July 12, 00:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here, unless the creator specifically states to replace the object.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2008 July 12, 11:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'd have to spend hours replacing all my BUY toliet rolls otherwise.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2008 July 12, 15:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I said I was only pretty sure. I read that somewhere, I don't even remember where, but I'm not totally surprised to find that it doesn't always work like that.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2008 July 12, 18:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes hacks that override actions on Maxis objects require you to sell/rebuy the affected object. I'm thinking specifically of Inge's key hack and the one that keeps customers from whining about objects behind a gate.

I was thinking that it would be nice if there was something that could enforce some sort of glass ceiling on careers. I have Syberspunk's hack for college degree requirements on career entry, but it would make sense that some careers would also require you to have a degree to get past a certain level.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2008 July 13, 21:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point in time I'm desperate for something that makes it less ridiculously easy to reach permaplat through the LTA meter.  That's one particular thing that drives me nuts.  You can be actively working to avoid having a sim achieve their LTW, and they fill the LTA meter regardless. 
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2008 July 13, 23:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, did you see Doc Doofus' testing mod in Peasantry to slow down LTA accumulation? Here's a link to the thread.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2008 July 14, 18:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still wish it was less ridiculously easy to obtain and maintain romantic relationships.

NL added the attraction system and it's not even useful. The "dating game" is absolutely no challenge. By the time the relationship is high enough for a sim to say yes to a date request, the whole relationship is already in the bag. Sims can have absolutely nothing in common, be disgusted by each other, and still fall in love, get married and procreate. You don't even need to interfere before or beyond clicking *get married*.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: