More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:13:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237185 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #250 on: 2008 June 17, 12:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2Wiki reports that Squinge had a 'vampires bite anyone' mod and it's at the Graveyard, obviously no idea whether it needs updating. Christianlov has one that makes Sims always accept a bite but don't know if it affects who can be bitten as I've not felt like messing with it.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2008 June 17, 13:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would like to see in the game:

1.  Aliens take females as well and knock them up.  Perhaps even the Alien staying and having a life with the sim should the sim be single or if married work his arse off to get said sim.

2.  Would like to see my Teens be young adults even if they do not go to college, lets face it you do not simply go to adult from Teen there is a young adult stage.

3.  The ability as an adult to go to college should they wish.  Some times we regret our choices we have made Tongue.

4. To see adults life span last longer and be more of age like the elder and do not turn old till they reach 60.  Then be more random when they die.  I do like the genie because you can do the live long life and I had a sim live to 110.

5.  Once a sim dies they remember the loved one this way my graveyards are used for more than just seeing ghosts.  I made a custom graveyard for my towns and all the dead are there once they die.  Including the Goth family and the family in the graveyard in downtown that has showed up and I do not know which expansion did that since I do not play Downtown to much and I know it was not there before pets that I remember.

6.  I would love to see EA fix it so when your sim is pregnant she can use any clothing she wishes rather than the awful maternity clothing they currently use.  I have never been able to get the hacks for this to work without conflicting with the other things like take my picture, play functions, give gift, ect being broken.

7.  Better Jobs and update of the old ones.  Also a better and updated majors in college to choice from.  I would also like to see you be able to work from home in some jobs or have the option to do it half the time rather than have to take a day off all the time.  One other thing, when you go on vacation you actually use the vacation time you have.

8.  Better and or more hobbies and even see cars break down and you be able to fix them via tinkering. 

Now I saw in the start of this post where someone was talking about aging babies, you can do this in debug mode by spawning the tombstone of L & D to a sim in his/her home.  One of the options on the tombstone allows you to speed up any age.  It also allows you to get your sim pregnant and even speed up that to. 

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: 2008 June 17, 13:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I could get rid of the pop up window that says (sorta):

'Oh NOES! You haven't installed all the sub-neighbourhoods you have for the EPs you have installed, you stupid idiot! Do so right now!'

It then proceeds to tell me how to add my missing sub-hoods. It does my head in in my test neighbourhood Angry

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 June 17, 15:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would like to see in the game:

1.  Aliens take females as well and knock them up.  Perhaps even the Alien staying and having a life with the sim should the sim be single or if married work his arse off to get said sim.

5.  Once a sim dies they remember the loved one this way my graveyards are used for more than just seeing ghosts.  I made a custom graveyard for my towns and all the dead are there once they die.  Including the Goth family and the family in the graveyard in downtown that has showed up and I do not know which expansion did that since I do not play Downtown to much and I know it was not there before pets that I remember.

1. There's a hack over at MTS2 that allows females to become alien-pregnant when abducted.  I think it's by Almecho.

5.  Gothier Green Lawns was always in Downtown, it has been there since Nightlife was released.  You just never noticed it before.  If you search MATY for mention of it, you'll find it was first mentioned here on 18th September 2005, which was not long after NL was released.

'Oh NOES! You haven't installed all the sub-neighbourhoods you have for the EPs you have installed, you stupid idiot! Do so right now!'

It then proceeds to tell me how to add my missing sub-hoods. It does my head in in my test neighbourhood Angry

YES!  Before FT, it used to pop up the first time I played the neighbourhood and never again.  Now it pops up every damn time I load up the neighbourhood.  Yes, I know I haven't added a vacation area yet.  That's because I don't want to, since I never send my sims on vacation anyway.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 17, 15:58:40 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2008 June 17, 16:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2Wiki reports that Squinge had a 'vampires bite anyone' mod and it's at the Graveyard, obviously no idea whether it needs updating. Christianlov has one that makes Sims always accept a bite but don't know if it affects who can be bitten as I've not felt like messing with it.

Hmmm, well, I already have his 'bite neck' and 'always accept bit neck' hacks but the one you've mentioned is not at the graveyard.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
raattgift
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2008 June 17, 16:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since it's a wish list, I can be unrealistic with respect to the franchise in the hands of EAxis...

1. Outright baby sex selection.   There is nothing more annoying than birth-sequence/exit-without-saving loops when the sadorandom sequence produces a -long- string of the wrong sex of baby.

2. More inherited traits, and better expression of these traits in offspring.  Steal "algorithms" from real world mammalian sexual reproduction.  There should be hooks for in-game creation of "knockout" Sims along the lines of knockout mice in labs.   A bioengineering career track with a gene splicer reward should be in game, along with obvious buyable objects like cages of mice and Waring blenders.

3. More acquired traits (that are not inherited) -- not just an extension of "habits" and "phobias", but also scars, missing limbs, liver disease... not just wearable clothes or yellow bodypaint.     There should be hooks for in-game brainwashing and psychotherapy that adjust non-inheritable personality traits, clothing preferences, attractions, LTWs, STW roll result probabilities, and so forth.   Being a Cult Leader should be MEANINGFUL.

4. Variations in common animations.   Put more actors in motion capture suits. 

5. Voice variation.  Put more actors in front of microphones.

6. In game hooks to compose animations.   It doesn't have to be easy, it just has to be there.   Even if it requires building a data structure with X,Y,Z coordinates for each mesh node for each frame, at least someone will animate something entertainingly naughty.   Strings for our puppets! 

7. As mentioned by others, the signalling system on which free will is based is backwards.   Sims should have preferences, objects shouldn't. 

8. There are plenty of multi-core machines on the market now.   Use them.   Also, scale subtlety from highest end Mac Pro down to minimum equipment list; design big and leave no idle computrons behind, but prune off computations and renderings of things lower end systems can't cope with.   You know, like other PC games tend to do.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 17, 16:29:22 by raattgift » Logged
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008 June 17, 16:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be wrong here, but I got the distinct impression that this was a "What mods would you like to see?" wishlist... not a "What do you wish Eaxis had done?" wishlist.   The Maxiods neither care nor want to hear what their user base think they did right or wrong.  I mean the sheer number of items they break each time they put out new content should clue you in to that fact.  If they gave a shit they would actually spend the two minutes it would take to test some of the code they release and find out that it is broken before they burn it to a cd...

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2008 June 17, 20:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that pop up more each time I see it  Tongue   In one hood, I got rid of it by adding two Downtowns, two Shopping Districts and one Uni (this was after I un-installed Pets). So it may require 5 subhoods, maybe 6 if you have Pets installed also - I did a bit of testing with subhoods before I un-installed Pets but I don't remember what combinations I tried.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2008 June 17, 20:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ If you add at least 1 subhood for every EP you have (1 downtown, 1 uni, 1 vacation location and 1 shopping district) it should go away, the annoying thing that people mentioned before is when you don't WANT to add a shopping district for example and you keep getting that stupid pop-up.

Dive in!
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2008 June 17, 20:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was a pop-up when you tried to enter CAS saying something along the lines of "Do you want to make a new family?". I have way too many times clicked by accident and then had to wait forever before being able to access neighbourhood view again.

INEPT INTP
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2008 June 18, 07:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was a pop-up when you tried to enter CAS saying something along the lines of "Do you want to make a new family?". I have way too many times clicked by accident and then had to wait forever before being able to access neighbourhood view again.

I always enter CAS before I load my regular houses. I don't make anything but it sort of 'unlocks' the CC so it doesn't take forever when changing appearance or buying clothes. I used to run the baby randomiser thing a few times too until I got the lot debugger.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2008 June 18, 08:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah, I am so insanely tired of that "Ewe need 2 add sum superkewl distrix!" pop-up. In the 'hood I'm playing now I'm about to add a Uni and have a Downtown and 2 vacation spots. I'm hoping I can shut that yapper up by adding an empty Shopping District and making it a Retirement Community. I have a ton of elders just waiting to snuff it, but I'm not *quite* ready to cull their numbers manually. So I may see if I can smite 2 birds at once by giving some of the less interesting seniors somewhere "special" to live.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2008 June 18, 12:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still only get the warning the first time I enter a 'hood, but I only have up to BV. Is this a new thing with FT? How annoying.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ravenwaift
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2008 June 18, 16:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like it if not having a college subhood for a neighborhood took away the related wants/fears. There is no way my knowledge sim is going to college if one isn't installed, so they are forced to take a aspiration hit a good bit of the time. Plus, family-sim parents with a lot of teen children have their want slots filled with college-related stuff, which can't be fulfilled, meaning they are stuck with a low aspiration score until all of their children become adults.

Really, isn't it pretty obvious that if I haven't installed a college that I do not want any sims to go to college?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: 2008 June 18, 16:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the same way with the vacation lots, and that drives me batty. Why would my sim want a tropical vacation, when I haven't even installed Twikii (sp?) Island?

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2008 June 18, 23:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I wish it was possible to assign certain Sims in the house to "do chores" like a Servo so the big ol' manors can have live-in maids and butlers and the like. Currently you always have to macrotastics them to clean and then find them something to do so they aren't lounging on the couch. I know there are NPCs out there that do this sort of thing, but I'd rather use one of my many playables or townies. Something like Paladin's servo controller that would work on non-servos, perhaps...

I apologise if this has already been mentioned - I haven't finished reading the thread yet. Christianlov has updated his all-in-one NPC hack, and it's very easy to use. You place one of the custom stoves, place the custom painting, use the painting to select the various attributes you want for your NPC, assign the NPC (sometimes the game has to create one first), and then a servant shows up, dressed in the bartender's uniform. The only problem I've had with it is that, often, a second NPC shows up. Deleting it using MoveObjects on or banning it with TJ's visitor controller solves the problem. I've found that, after a couple of deletions, the erroneous NPC stops appearing.

This happens because you place BOTH a painting and the special stove. You dont need the special stove, if you use the painting - they both spawn an all-in-one-npc. Just use the painting, and use any stove for it to use, maxis or custom. The NPC will use them.

An ACR for Pets would be awesome. I am totally depending on Christianlovs pet maker - I think still available at the Graveyard.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: 2008 June 19, 00:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! I thought the instructions stated that I needed to place both the stove and the painting, but your explanation makes much more sense. *feels silly*

Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2008 June 19, 13:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: ravenwaift

I'd like it if not having a college subhood for a neighborhood took away the related wants/fears. There is no way my knowledge sim is going to college if one isn't installed, so they are forced to take a aspiration hit a good bit of the time. Plus, family-sim parents with a lot of teen children have their want slots filled with college-related stuff, which can't be fulfilled, meaning they are stuck with a low aspiration score until all of their children become adults.

----------------
Type in aspirationLevel #(1-9)  in the cheat menu and you can manually get it up so they do not stay low.  That might help since you do not want to do the college with them.  You can also lock the aspiration level so it doesnt go up or down by typing in the cheat menu  lockAspiration on/off.  Hope this helps you.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 19, 13:23:50 by Zaleth » Logged
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: 2008 June 19, 19:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you've missed the point of this thread, Zaleth. We are complaining about stupid and illogical programming on the part of EA. Using cheat codes doesn't actually change anything - it just makes the stupidity more bearable.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: 2008 June 19, 21:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Marhis has an arranged-marriage hack. I think she's still at MTS2.

2. Autonomous Casual Romance (ACR) at simbology.com

3. There are gun mods at the InSim site, by VampCat (I think) and some others.

ETA: simwardrobe.com has an assault rifle.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2008 June 19, 21:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. There are gun mods at the InSim site, by VampCat (I think) and some others.

Simwardrobe also has a couple of Star Trek like phasers that kill, and some other deadly devices, like a vase that can set the target sim on fire, or the incendiary bomb that can get rid of a whole bunch of them at once. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2008 June 19, 23:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis' hack is actually here at MATY.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8196.0.html

Says work in progress, and that was a few expansions ago. Use at your own risk.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: 2008 June 20, 00:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And a phaser and throwable, Sim-killing axes!  Cheesy

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2008 June 20, 00:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

unfortunately mahris's mod conflicts with something, i think, in freetime. when everybody has finally managed to drop what they're doing and join the intended at the alter, they just pop out.  it's easier to use the blender to just make them married, but you don't get a memory.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2008 June 20, 02:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't miss the point. Simply posted ways to work around just in case they were not aware of it. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: