More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:03:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237350 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #125 on: 2008 May 08, 02:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing I wish is that I could click on a bed (or even just a couch or recliner) and choose nap for 2 (or 3) hours. Pregnant ladies, children on the weekends, old people. They all like to nap. And I always forget they are napping and then they are up at 8 with a full bar of energy. I'd like an auto nap wake feature.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 May 08, 17:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think dizzy (or jfade or inge) has a hack that automatically wakes them up when their energy bar is 1/2 full during the day.  It works as stated, but I think the concept of what the "day" is needs refining. I think it turns off at 11pm or midnight, which causes sims sent to bed early by macrotastics (i.e., they have a really early in the morning job) to wake up when they hit the 1/2 mark.  Works fine after the cutoff time, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2008 May 08, 22:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, found it. Dizzy's. Unfortunately, it comes with what I consider a nasty side-effect

- sleep-tweak-hack: Beds fulfill energy to full except between noon and midnight (when they are only fulfilled to halfway up the meter). Beds also do *not* keep sims hibernating between 12am and 6am.

Thanks though for suggesting something Smiley.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 May 08, 22:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, maybe I'll poke into that hack one of these days and see how easy it would be to change the 'off' time to something earlier, like say 10pm or 9pm.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 May 09, 03:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I wish for....

Something that will keep my sims from autonomously heading for the espresso machine after 10:30pm or so. I don't mind if they caffeinate when directed by Macrotastics, or when I specifically tell them to, but all my teen and older sims have been royally messing up their sleep cycles by endlessly drinking coffee late into the night, bringing their energy too high to get called to bed at a decent hour by the Somniac clock. If I want to get a decent night's sleep, I know better than to drink coffee an hour or two before bedtime, so why can't I get my sims to do the same?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2008 May 09, 06:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this jennydee.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 May 09, 07:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for finding that! I'll give it a shot tomorrow :-)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2008 May 09, 08:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'll try it out today. I downloaded it too Cheesy

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 May 09, 23:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add me to the list of more random sim death.  I've recently decided that there will be no more of this pleading with the reaper nonsense.  I quickly wiped out 2 sims once deciding that.  Don't eat until until you fall to the ground?  Nobody is saving you.  Set your pregnant ass on fire making crepes, your husband puts you out, and then you pass out from heat stroke...bye bye.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 May 10, 00:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've adopted the same idea into my gameplay recently. If Sims get to the point where they're waving their arms and pointing to their mouths even though there is a stocked fridge IN THE NEXT ROOM, they have chosen to remove themselves from the gene pool.

But the bad thing about that is even though they can get down to an empty hunger bar, they still don't die! A few days ago I had a Sim who was on empty for a few hours. I kept wishing for him to just starve already, but then his wife served some food and off he went to the dining room.  Sad

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 May 10, 04:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add me to the list of more random sim death.  I've recently decided that there will be no more of this pleading with the reaper nonsense.  I quickly wiped out 2 sims once deciding that.  Don't eat until until you fall to the ground?  Nobody is saving you.  Set your pregnant ass on fire making crepes, your husband puts you out, and then you pass out from heat stroke...bye bye.
There are no more fire alarms or sprinklers in my game. You start a fire, you'd better get it together and put it out. Otherwise, see ya later.

When things get boring I roll a Random Stuff script for death. It gives me death type and family member number. If I roll a five and there's only four family members, they luck out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2008 May 10, 09:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last, I'd really like it if any adult in the household with sufficient relationship could encourage a child. There's no reason they should have to be related. It's pointless. In real life, kids are influenced by adults not their parents (like teachers, aunts & uncles, family friends).

Yea, the whole relationship thing is a PITA. I have two sim couples in a large house; the male of one is cousin to the female of the other.  They of course have the family icon for each other. He has 100/100 relationship with her son and high active, and can't encourage the kid to be active because he doesn't have the family icon with the kid.  ARGH!

Squinge made an 'encourage anyone' hack, but it's only updated through OFB, and I haven't tried it in my current (BV) game, so I don't know if it still works. Regardless, it might be worth a try. If it can't be found at Sims2Graveyard, I'll happily post it here.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
toad in the hole
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking Stats: 0.044 posts per day

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 May 10, 21:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about the lack of random sim death.
It's a real virtue that sloppy sims are faster with finishing their meals off, but there should also be some random chance of choking for the gorging gluttons.
This would be even more realistic than the constant starving that's going on in the game.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 10, 22:06:17 by toad in the hole » Logged
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 May 11, 01:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish the game would figure out what direction the sunlight comes from in a neighborhood and maintain it consistently on all lots in the neighborhood, even if the lot is imported or rotated.  Second wish is that the neighborhood view didn't reverse the apparent sunlight angle 180 degrees from the way it looks when playing the lot in live mode.  Third wish is that I could have any combination of expansion packs installed and still have the sky display like it did in the base game, with a sun and moving clouds.

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2008 May 11, 02:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last, I'd really like it if any adult in the household with sufficient relationship could encourage a child. There's no reason they should have to be related. It's pointless. In real life, kids are influenced by adults not their parents (like teachers, aunts & uncles, family friends).

Yea, the whole relationship thing is a PITA. I have two sim couples in a large house; the male of one is cousin to the female of the other.  They of course have the family icon for each other. He has 100/100 relationship with her son and high active, and can't encourage the kid to be active because he doesn't have the family icon with the kid.  ARGH!

Squinge made an 'encourage anyone' hack, but it's only updated through OFB, and I haven't tried it in my current (BV) game, so I don't know if it still works. Regardless, it might be worth a try. If it can't be found at Sims2Graveyard, I'll happily post it here.

I have it in my game and it hasn't splodied anything, and must have passed the hackdiff test, though I also haven't had an occasion to try it so I'm not sure it actually still works.  XD

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 May 11, 04:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish we could change the price of objects in game. Nothing worse than trying to sell something with ofb that the creator priced as 1 simolean.  Roll Eyes Or i'd like for something that will let you batch change the price of objects (I know I could use sims cat, but it hates compressed objects).  Cry
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 May 11, 06:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish we could change the price of objects in game. Nothing worse than trying to sell something with ofb that the creator priced as 1 simolean.  Roll Eyes
Why do people do that, anyways? Ticks me off. I end up fixing them all in SimPE. Worse is when someone makes at $2,000 bed that gives 1 comfort and 2 energy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2008 May 11, 08:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish the game would figure out what direction the sunlight comes from in a neighborhood and maintain it consistently on all lots in the neighborhood, even if the lot is imported or rotated. 

I agree.  And yet you get plenty of players moaning that they want the sun to always shine from the front of all their lots!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 May 11, 17:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never actually noticed sun direction.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2008 May 11, 18:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem more important if it actually moved during the day.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2008 May 11, 18:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never actually noticed sun direction.

Same here, until the topic started coming up in the forums.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 May 11, 21:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  And yet you get plenty of players moaning that they want the sun to always shine from the front of all their lots!

And this player wouldn't moan about it so much if the sun did move!  At least then, some of the rooms in perma-shadow would be lit for a few hours...  Roll Eyes  Of course, if this wish were granted EAxis would deliver it borked, so that all my lots would be plagued by the perma-darkness glitch.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 May 11, 22:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually only notice it when I've built a lovely deck and swimming pool setup, only to go into play to discover that side of the house is in shadow.

It's a very Brit thing to build the front of the house facing the road regardless of where the sun shines. We imported that from England and it makes for some odd configurations. Like the best sun all day shining on the bathroom, toilet and kitchen and none in the bedrooms or verandah. (My house!)

I don't mind too much because I'm not fond of the sun and radiation burns, but I can see the funny side of this building method.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2008 May 12, 00:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that all of the housing developments here force a north/south exposure, because it's so hot in the summer that nobody wants full sun on either the east or the west (though east isn't too bad, since it's in the morning).

I think it's stupid that instant meals are 'served' on a serving platter and that Santa cookies are served on individual plates and then eaten with a fork. Who the fuck does that in real life? Nobody!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 May 12, 13:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to be ale to make toddler, child and teen sims in CAS without having to create an adult or elder too. Then they could be merged into an already existing household.

INEPT INTP
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: