More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 05:47:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237021 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
What's on YOUR Wish List?
« on: 2008 April 28, 04:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone has a "wish list" of hacks they'd love to have in the game, or things they wish they could change. What's on the top of your list?

Here's a few of mine:

1) I'd love a hack that would allow the sims to place all of their inventory items in a chest, all at once, and to remove everything from the chest into their inventory. This way I could have the inventory items from a sim about to die be passed along much more easily.

2) An incubator for sim spawn, to incubate spawn from conception to the age of child, at which point we could remove them with full toddler skills. Kind of like the Brave New World thing. I'd even be willing to learn to mesh if someone would code the thing (cough). Because, let's face it, the baby through toddler stages are boring as all get out.

3)A hack to make the sims ALWAYS RUN on stairs.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 30, 11:30:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 28, 06:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every once in awhile I get a sim who gets stuck always running. I love it.

I'd like a hack to let sim visitors paint on unused easels. I still want to do that biz where I charge the townies to paint, then sell their paintings back to them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 28, 06:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like a hack so that game generated townies (e.g. spawned via townie maker or letterbox) got jobs in Seasons or FT careers as well as the base game careers.  This is one of the main reasons I make my own townies in CAS.  The other reasons I use CAS (such as their names and hideous clothing) can already be dealt with by mods.

In a new neighbourhood I like my sims to bring townies & downtownies home from work, as it helps with their career friendship requirements.  But if my sims have rolled up EP-specific LTWs then I know they're not going to be bringing townies/downtownies home unless I made my own in CAS.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 28, 06:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) I'd love a hack that would allow the sims to place all of their inventory items in a chest, all at once, and to remove everything from the chest into their inventory. This way I could have the inventory items from a sim about to die be passed along much more easily.
Exists. Look for an Inventory Transfer Vase by Godknowswho on MTS2.

2) An incubator for sim spawn, to incubate spawn from conception to the age of child, at which point we could remove them with full toddler skills. Kind of like the Brave New World thing. I'd even be willing to learn to mesh if someone would code the thing (cough). Because, let's face it, the baby through toddler stages are boring as all get out.
Similar concepts have been pondered. Lack of mesher stymies issue. Get cracking.

3)A hack to make the sims ALWAYS RUN on stairs.
Various anti-stair-logjamming concepts have been dabbled in. None of them have been entirely successful and most tend to exacerbate the problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 28, 08:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A macro to accomplish serial hand-washing in the Apocalypse Challenge.
An Absolutely No Autonomous Cooking Of Lobster Thermidor EVAR Hack (or does this exist and I'm too blind to find it?)
A Vampires Act Like Vampires Hack (yeah, yeah, Shaklin--but Shaklin's stuff is ancient, non-updated and nonAwesome.)

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 28, 09:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, you can just "Give gift" and transfer the whole contents of the inventory to another Sim. No hack needed -- though I don't remember if this interaction was introduced with Seasons or with Free Time.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 28, 13:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, you can just "Give gift" and transfer the whole contents of the inventory to another Sim. No hack needed -- though I don't remember if this interaction was introduced with Seasons or with Free Time.

Seasons, but i believe it was carried forward to BV and FT

INFP or something
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 28, 13:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My wish is a complete rewrite of the game.  So that for instance instead of toilets yelling "Yoohoo!  I am a toilet.  How's yer bladder?"  the sim thinks "How's my bladder?  Hmm a bit full.  Where is a toilet?"   And so the sim can think "Here's Goopy.  I am furious with him.  I think I will thump him" instead of some controller on the corner of the lot going "Now where can I find a sim with a bad memory of Goopy? Aha Mortimor will do - I'll force a Thump Goopy interaction upon him while he's reading to his kids"

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 28, 14:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monqiue has "have baby with X" that still works for FT. You can click on any crib to have a baby with anybody in the neighborhood. The baby appears immediately in the crib. Then you can age him/her up. It's more steps than you would like, but at least it is doable.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 28, 14:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My wish is a complete rewrite of the game.  So that for instance instead of toilets yelling "Yoohoo!  I am a toilet.  How's yer bladder?"  the sim thinks "How's my bladder?  Hmm a bit full.  Where is a toilet?"   And so the sim can think "Here's Goopy.  I am furious with him.  I think I will thump him" instead of some controller on the corner of the lot going "Now where can I find a sim with a bad memory of Goopy? Aha Mortimor will do - I'll force a Thump Goopy interaction upon him while he's reading to his kids"

That's how the game works? I had no idea. Why would they do it that way?

I wish I could throw a "formal" party. I'd like to be able to see all my sims in their formal clothes without throwing a wedding party.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 28, 14:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the link.
Inventory Transfer Vase

But then you have to click every item in inventory, which is extremely time-consuming.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 28, 14:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I could throw a "formal" party. I'd like to be able to see all my sims in their formal clothes without throwing a wedding party.

Download my formal clothes sign from simlogical and throw any sort of party.  Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 28, 15:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download my formal clothes sign from simlogical and throw any sort of party.  Smiley
Could you do that with the customer controller as well, even though the lot isn't a biz?
I'd like a hack so that game generated townies (e.g. spawned via townie maker or letterbox) got jobs in Seasons or FT careers as well as the base game careers.  This is one of the main reasons I make my own townies in CAS.  The other reasons I use CAS (such as their names and hideous clothing) can already be dealt with by mods.

In a new neighbourhood I like my sims to bring townies & downtownies home from work, as it helps with their career friendship requirements.  But if my sims have rolled up EP-specific LTWs then I know they're not going to be bringing townies/downtownies home unless I made my own in CAS.
I'd like something slightly related. I like TJ's bring friends home hacks because I can ok guests. I hate them coming over on Day 3 of a pregnancy or headmaster day the few times I run the scenario, plus there are certain sims in my current neighborhood who would never be seen with other sims. (For example, none of the cousins are going to go home with Rose & Teddy, the kids who live in a crappy shack, Rose & Teddy can go home with them whenever, also no neighborhood kids would be allowed to go home with any children who might be born in the full-service* massage parlour). But the issue I have is that it seems like sims are always bringing home playables. I want them focusing on townies. I have so few townies, especially children and teens (five of each) that there's little opportunity for them to be met otherwise.

*happy endings occur in plenty

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 28, 16:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And so the sim can think "Here's Goopy.  I am furious with him.  I think I will thump him" instead of some controller on the corner of the lot going "Now where can I find a sim with a bad memory of Goopy? Aha Mortimor will do - I'll force a Thump Goopy interaction upon him while he's reading to his kids"

ROFL at explanation.  I really have to incorporate this game controller logic into my storylines.

Tribulatio proxima est
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 28, 17:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked the costume trunk for party costumes and the doors that make anyone passing change clothes in a set way (formal, naked, beach...)

yes, it is all sims1 stuff, but i have not yet found it for sims2.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 28, 17:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, didn't think of that. Thanks Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 28, 17:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A macro to accomplish serial hand-washing in the Apocalypse Challenge.

"Repeat Current Action" on the batman box.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 28, 18:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Something, anything, that makes the OfB wages (and similar money transfers) less utterly useless. I already filed a complaint a long time ago .. the simplest way I can think of (for whatever value of "simple") might be to set the payments-when-arriving-home for the Employee career to zero.

* A "Give" interaction without the giftwrap and ceremony

* A "Pay" interaction for quick+easy money transfers (basically like tipping of waiters, only without the rel++)
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 28, 18:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to dream big. Stuff that may not even be possible.

• Negative Aspirations. Any completely new aspiration would be interesting, although either impossible or such an enormous hack job we're unlikely to see them. But even if they were possible, it's kind of hard to come up with new aspiration ideas... unless you made negative or inverse versions of the existing aspirations. In addition to the Fortune aspiration, you could have an Austerity aspiration, which would give the sims desires to get rid of possessions or get cheaper replacements, get a low-end job, grow own food, or work from home, coupled with fears of earning money or buying/receiving expensive versions of necessities. Romance would be inverted to Power, with wants to make enemies, influence others, and Moar Fight. Popularity would be coupled with the Loner aspiration, who would just want a few best friends and would have fears of having too many friends, being invited to parties, meeting new people. Family would be opposed by Drifter, which would get wants to move in with other families or quitting jobs. Not sure what to do to invert Knowledge.
  • Better Fears: one problem with the above is that fears are often broken, or don't come in enough variety to make them interesting.  There should be more fears that aren't direct opposites of wants, but that work at cross-purposes to wants, to create interesting situations. For example, what if a sim with a want to Meet Someone New has a Fear of Meet a Sci-Fi Fan (anyone with high Sci-Fi interest.) Some random townie wanders by. Do you take the chance and have your sim greet that townie? What about fears of breaking objects? Or just fixing the game so some fears like Be Lectured have a better chance of being fulfilled?
  • Customizable Cliques: supposedly Apartments will have cliques, but they will almost certainly be fixed and boring. What would be more interesting would be a Create A Clique tool that let you give Cliques interests, turn-ons, and turn-offs. Probably more turn-offs than turn-ons. Give them a couple uniforms, too. And relationships to other cliques, which can change in-game. You won't know why the preppies snub you and the greasers jump you when you walk by, but maybe you can get them to fight each other!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 28, 19:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Negative aspirations are not very realistic.  No one has an aspiration to be a drifter or a loner.  What would be more realistic is for it to be possible for a sim to have no aspirations at all.

snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 28, 19:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The negative Aspirations are fun.

I torture one of my sims with that.

It could be an alternative to the grilled cheese.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 28, 19:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish my sims would clean up the bug jars and leaf piles using macro>clean Tongue

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 28, 20:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dream of newspapers with 5 job offers, and computers with 8 job offers.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 28, 21:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Facial asymmetry, to make each sim truly unique.
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 28, 22:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Negative aspirations are not very realistic.  No one has an aspiration to be a drifter or a loner.  What would be more realistic is for it to be possible for a sim to have no aspirations at all.

I have to disagree with that. There are actually a lot of people who "don't want to be tied down by responsibility", either to other people, possessions or situations. I like having stuff myself, some people don't. There have been times in my life when I was absolutely not interested in meeting people and making friends, other people are very outgoing and aren't happy unless they are liked by everyone. I could see negative aspirations working well.

As far as what I'd like to see-

It would be interesting to see a "self sufficient" aspiration that involved living off of gardening, fishing and crafting. They could fear owning a car or "so and so takes out trash" rather than composting. The fear of owning expensive things would also make sense for them. Guess all the "Go Green" propaganda lately has gotten to me.

Wants to donate money to charity and donate time to non-profit work might be interesting ways to burn some sim cash and get unemployed sims out of the house for a few hours.

Also, I'd like to see memories of meeting a sim go into some sort of "dormant mode" (meaning it wouldn't show in the memory panel) if the relationship remains at 0 for a few sim days. If a week, or two, passes without another meeting that memory and the relationship panel entry should auto delete. I get tired of every sim in the hood ending up in my sims memory and relationship panels.

Also, murder.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: