More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 05:10:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237268 times)
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #225 on: 2008 June 09, 12:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my tiny wish: how about just being able to navigate the available jobs menu? I think it's so stupid that there isn't a browsable list, or even a "Back" button, and I have to start the job search over after I've looked at all the options... Tongue
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008 June 09, 19:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like their furiousness. But sadness is for pussies and people in my family are executed for that sort of nonsense. But furiousness? We NEVER FORGIVE!
So make grieving sims become furious at the Grim Reaper. Or at roaches. Or at a random adult in the household. "He wouldn't have died if it weren't for YOU!"
Cimaronna
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008 June 09, 20:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like their furiousness. But sadness is for pussies and people in my family are executed for that sort of nonsense. But furiousness? We NEVER FORGIVE!
So make grieving sims become furious at the Grim Reaper. Or at roaches. Or at a random adult in the household. "He wouldn't have died if it weren't for YOU!"

Then Grimmie comes to take them for being disrespectful, the roaches attack or the offending sim kills them for the injustice of it all. Sounds good to me!

My own wish is that there would be a big, invisible (to the sims) hand that the sims are aware of to smack them across a room when they do something stupid. A learning behavior might/might not be part of the scheme so that they'd eventually stop that behavior and find some other stupid thing to do. For example: Sim makes lobster thermidor when they're nearly broke and their hunger isn't very low. Smack! Eventually sim learns to make the lobster only when extremely hungry and can afford it. Either that or we could have fun smacking them around!

INTJ - Intelligence is what you have available to use. Whether or not you are smart is determined by how well you use your intelligence.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2008 June 10, 00:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My own wish is that there would be a big, invisible (to the sims) hand that the sims are aware of to smack them across a room when they do something stupid. A learning behavior might/might not be part of the scheme so that they'd eventually stop that behavior and find some other stupid thing to do. For example: Sim makes lobster thermidor when they're nearly broke and their hunger isn't very low. Smack! Eventually sim learns to make the lobster only when extremely hungry and can afford it. Either that or we could have fun smacking them around!

That sounds like Creatures, which is the game that got me into playing the Sims in the first place.  Creatures are a lot less dumb than Sims, I think.  It would make the game a lot more fun if we could slap some sense into them when they're jumping about and whining about fires.  Who DOES that?  Either you leave, or you try to put the fire out! You don't jump around and complain! (I realise there are hacks to fix this, but it seems like dumb programming to be there in the first place).
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008 June 10, 00:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like Creatures, which is the game that got me into playing the Sims in the first place.  Creatures are a lot less dumb than Sims, I think.  It would make the game a lot more fun if we could slap some sense into them when they're jumping about and whining about fires.  Who DOES that?  Either you leave, or you try to put the fire out! You don't jump around and complain! (I realise there are hacks to fix this, but it seems like dumb programming to be there in the first place).

Or Dungeon Keeper, although that's a bit more sinister than the sims 2. It was fun though!

- INTJ -
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: 2008 June 10, 01:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Dungeon Keeper, although that's a bit more sinister than the sims 2. It was fun though!

"Your dungeon is filling up with yogurt."

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: 2008 June 10, 01:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this!  Grin One sim of mine did exactly as you described this night. I had her put the meal back in the fridge when done cooking, then I sent her to bed and wouldn't let her eat until her hunger was in red the day after that  Tongue. I'm very petty. Smack!

As for Squinges "No complaining"-thing: I just took it out (I have all EP:s up to and including FT) because it didn't do it's job for me. I don't think it broke something, it just didn't stop family and friends for throwing hissy fits over dirty plates at parties (God, GOD, how I hate it!). But it's working for others..?

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: 2008 June 10, 01:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a dead Sim body hack. When Sims die, they should just lie there and get a zombie-skin overlay and stink until another Sim digs a hole to bury them, *then* get a tombstone.  Maybe turn into a skeleton after so many days.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2008 June 10, 11:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Yes! The digging animation is still there after all Smiley Pets should be able to nom the corps and it should attract wolves (substituting for vultures).

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: 2008 June 10, 15:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A mod to make the BFF concept less stupid without eliminating it or consigning it to children/teens. Call it something else (possibly also involving a rename of 'Best Friends' in the deal -- turn BFF into Best Friend and Best Friend into Close Friend? I dunno -- or leave Best Friend as is and turn BFF into Lifetime Friend or something?), up the requirements to reach it (2 Sim days? Whut?), and it'd actually be reasonable.

(Possibly make it in two parts -- one along the lines of TJ's Same Sex Marriage mod or those mods that turn all references to Woohoo into sex instead that just changes the name of the damn thing, and one that ups the requirements.)
« Last Edit: 2008 June 10, 15:31:35 by akatonbo » Logged

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2008 June 10, 18:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want times 1,000 that there was a SimPE for Mac.  There are so many things I can't do--extract Sims, fix DNA, fix relationships--the list goes on and on.  I can do a little relationship editing with InSim, but in order to make three Sims first cousins, I had to create five sims and kill them off.  And don't get me started on genetics.  I have several Sims who were uploaded without CC, but who really ought to have things like genetic red eyes.  Of course, if there was a way to do any of this in game, this wouldn't be a problem.

I also want a Pet version of ACR.  Heat.  No need for relationships (seriously, what is up with that?  Did you ever know a cat who needed a relationship to mate?) Spay or neuter, or be up to your butt in kittens. 

I don't understand why there is a hack that makes your Sims behave like animals, but nothing to make your animals behave like animals.

PB

PB

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: 2008 June 10, 20:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A mod to make the BFF concept less stupid without eliminating it or consigning it to children/teens. Call it something else (possibly also involving a rename of 'Best Friends' in the deal -- turn BFF into Best Friend and Best Friend into Close Friend? I dunno -- or leave Best Friend as is and turn BFF into Lifetime Friend or something?), up the requirements to reach it (2 Sim days? Whut?), and it'd actually be reasonable.

Why?  There's already "friends" and "best friends"; having a super-nifty-shiny-extra-SPESUL-friend on top of that is stupid.  Sim best friends are usually lifetime friends anyhow, as long as you do the minimum amount of maintenance it takes to keep them that way.  BFFs would be meaningful only if you automatically lost all your other friends at each age increase.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: 2008 June 10, 21:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's already in the game and I tend to prefer modifying aspects of the game I don't like until they make more sense over nuking them outright, the existing best friend status is absurdly easy to achieve and BFF at least takes longer to get to, the concept of more tiers of friendship appeals to me (although it would be more appealing if it were made to have more significance, which is yet another set of changes), and I like the concept of the "inside joke" interaction too.

Actually, what would probably make more sense would be to also limit the number, either to 1 (a la marriage) or a very small number (i.e. 3) -- maybe even 3 for popularity Sims and 1 for everyone else -- which would tend to suggest also making it a status one has some control over (like marriage). But the more changes the less likely that anyone other than 'me after I spend months learning to mod' would ever give it a second thought. Tongue

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2008 June 10, 22:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, bffsarefor12s doesn't nuke the concept, it actually makes it sound more like "best friends I've kept from my childhood". I do like your suggestion of limiting the number of BFFs a sim can have though.

Dive in!
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2008 June 11, 02:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also want a Pet version of ACR.  Heat.  No need for relationships (seriously, what is up with that?  Did you ever know a cat who needed a relationship to mate?) Spay or neuter, or be up to your butt in kittens. 

I don't understand why there is a hack that makes your Sims behave like animals, but nothing to make your animals behave like animals.

I am with you on that.  With most tom cats; if it has pointy ears, fur and doesn't bark they will try to mate with it, this includes other tom cats of course.

My dad grew up on a farm and tells stories from those days all the time... He was telling stories to his grand kids (my neices and nephew) the other day while I was there and told one about a farm near where he grew up that had three bulls.  A six year old bull, a four year old bull and a two year old bull.  The farmer wanted to bring some new blood into the herd so he bought a new bull.  As the truck arrived with the new bull the three old ones were talking and the six year old bull, who still had 60 percent of the cows in his group, said "He ain't gettin' any of my cows!" and the four year old, who had 30 percent, said "Mine either!".  Well the two year old said "I ain't got enough to give him any!"  About this time they got the new bull out of the trailer.  Unlike the three previous bulls this one was a Brahma bull, one of the huge bulls with a equally huge hump on his back making him look real tough.  Well the oldest bull took one look at the Brahma bull and said, "Well maybe he can have some of my cows."   The middle bull said, "Mine too!" and the youngest bull started pawing the ground and acting pissed off.  The oldest bull said, "Quit that shit out he's gonna kill you and take all your cows if you don't settle down!"  The youngest bull snorted and replied, "He can have the damn cows, I just want to make sure he knows I am a bull."

I think the tom cats should make sure other cats know they are tom cats...

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2008 June 11, 08:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the tom cats should make sure other cats know they are tom cats...

No bull!  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2008 June 12, 03:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PB

PB

Monique at Insim has an Animal-Incest mod http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=33793

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 June 12, 12:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like a hack that turns the Wealth aspiration desperation into actual begging. I mean to be able to go to a community lot and take out your little tin on command and beg for money from passers-by. The animations are there, it shouldn't be too hard I guess (but then again, what do I know?). Do they even randomly give you money if the desperation is triggered normally or it's just for looks?

Dive in!
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008 June 12, 17:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, what would probably make more sense would be to also limit the number, either to 1 (a la marriage) or a very small number (i.e. 3) -- maybe even 3 for popularity Sims and 1 for everyone else -- which would tend to suggest also making it a status one has some control over (like marriage). But the more changes the less likely that anyone other than 'me after I spend months learning to mod' would ever give it a second thought. Tongue

I like this idea too. But I wish it was changed from 'BFF' to something which sounds less retarded. And I wish there was more to it than just inside jokes and altered decay. It just seems like a superficial marker - surface fluff. Actually so much in FT seems like this - the bug collecting, the enthusiasm bars, the genie - stuff that is there, but doesn't actually add much to the gameplay.

My main, unattainable wish is for a complete overhaul of how relationships work. The STR/LTR thing has always struck me as really limited, I hate the way you can force friendship on anyone just by telling them the same piece of gossip over and over again until they like you. I wish it was based more on personality and interests. And maybe aspiration too - a fortune sim might shun poor sims and stalk the rich ones, but if the rich one suddenly becomes poor, the social-climbing fortune sim will discard them like a cheap suit -  "Who, me? Nah, I was never friends with Banky McBankrupt" - stuff like that. Sometimes I think that if friendship was originally based on a more extensive turn-on/off system things might be better. As it is now, all the relationship stuff is kinda lame - contacts, furiousness, BFF. It's because the underlying system sucks so much.

Ooh, and I wish immediate family would have totally different markers instead of the same old friends, best friends crap. Then we could have stuff like sibling rivalary. Kids that fight a lot, but would still be a bit sad if the other one died.
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 June 12, 19:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like eye and skin color as turn ons. And money, or lack thereof. Personality traits as turn ons would be extra spiffy also.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2008 June 12, 21:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Papercut: I'd be all in favor of that too. (And really, I'd live with the existing BFF functioning if only it were called something less, well, 12ish. BFFs ARE for 12s. Tongue (I am too old to have heard the term until I was long past too old to ever use it or have used it.) It's just that it's ALSO stupidly easy.)

geekgirl: Agreed. I know that personality does affect attraction, but that still doesn't make it possible for one to deliberately make a Sim attracted to high playfulness, for example -- except by deliberately either making them also very high playful (to trigger the 'similar personality' attractor) or picking a sign for that Sim that has strong attraction to a sign that's always high-playful, or other bass-ackwards methods.

Also, another (unrelated) thing it occurs to me I really want: a fix for the goddamn missing clothing tooltips in CAS.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 June 12, 23:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd vote well over my single user limit for a Pets-ACR.  Maybe then I could actually do the breeding kennel scenario I've wanted to do since I installed the EP but gave up on when I realized my bitches and studs all needed to be in love first.  Angry

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2008 June 15, 00:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what's up? Somehow I'd remembered them having to have a high relationship with the one telling them to get it on. I tried to start a puppy mill, and had the guy buy two dogs; they got it on about 24 sim hours after being purchased,then refused for almost a sim-week. WTF? All three were 100/100... I guess they won't mate if one has to take a piss :/

INFP or something
tibel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2008 June 16, 23:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love a hack that eliminates receiving bills.

I am working on a medieval community that has an integrated economy and tax system. Maxis bills get in the way.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2008 June 17, 00:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I wish it was possible to assign certain Sims in the house to "do chores" like a Servo so the big ol' manors can have live-in maids and butlers and the like. Currently you always have to macrotastics them to clean and then find them something to do so they aren't lounging on the couch. I know there are NPCs out there that do this sort of thing, but I'd rather use one of my many playables or townies. Something like Paladin's servo controller that would work on non-servos, perhaps...

I apologise if this has already been mentioned - I haven't finished reading the thread yet. Christianlov has updated his all-in-one NPC hack, and it's very easy to use. You place one of the custom stoves, place the custom painting, use the painting to select the various attributes you want for your NPC, assign the NPC (sometimes the game has to create one first), and then a servant shows up, dressed in the bartender's uniform. The only problem I've had with it is that, often, a second NPC shows up. Deleting it using MoveObjects on or banning it with TJ's visitor controller solves the problem. I've found that, after a couple of deletions, the erroneous NPC stops appearing.

While I'm here: I'd like a 'vampire can bite anyone' hack that does not rely on relationship score to allow neck-biting. I use a hack that only fulfills hunger for the vampire and drains energy for the victim when a vampire bites somebody, and a 'bite anyone' hack would be a welcome addition to my game. It seems realistic that a hungry vampire would be indiscriminate about who s/he bites, and wouldn't necessarily even want to bite friends, as friends know who they are and can report them to the authorities. Tongue

Also, I really, REALLY want a 'DJ STFU' hack. The female DJs don't bother me too much, but the males do this sort of falsetto sing-song that's just really fucking irritating, and they do it EVERY FEW SECONDS. I've also noticed that the maids no longer seem to clean up dishes or TV dinner-trays unless they're green with flies swarming about (the dishes, that is). This is new since BV, as far as I can tell, and it's stupid.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 17, 01:13:45 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: