More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:22:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  skill meter stuck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: skill meter stuck  (Read 5925 times)
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
skill meter stuck
« on: 2008 April 27, 16:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twice recently I've entered a lot where skilling was in progress and the skill meter didn't go up.  (Stuck near the top.)  When I cancelled the action, the child went on to do other things with the skill meter still stuck over his/her head.  Saving and reentering the lot didn't help, but deleting the child did.  On one lot it was a boy studying from the bookcase and the other was a girl painting.  Other people on the lots were skilling normally.  A one time glitch is fine, but two in two days makes me nervous.  Any advice?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: skill meter stuck
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 27, 18:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something in the lot itself may be glitched. Do any of the adults have the same problem, or is it only the kids?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 27, 19:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only kids so far.  Two separate lots.  By the way when the painting girl came back to the easel after I deleted her, she only had the option to scrap the painting.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 28, 16:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What skills related or child related hacks do you have?  All up to date are they?

Tribulatio proxima est
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 28, 17:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar issue recently. I wasn't sure because I didn't test by pulling downloads, but at the time I was thinking it corresponded to when I put community lot skilling in. The problem disappeared with one of the subsequent updates to the hack.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 28, 23:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooh, I DID just put in community lot skilling!   It says "(v3b) for TS2OFB v1.0 - TS2FT."  I have OFB and Seasons but no BV or FT.  Should I not be using this version?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 29, 00:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've JUST RECENTLY put it in, WHILE someone was skilling, alterations to the skilling code may result in indeterminate behavior. This isn't a bug with the hack, this is just an artifact of what happens when you change the rules in the middle of an activity. Just ignore it, it will go away on its own.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 29, 00:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great!  Thank you all! 
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 29, 19:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've JUST RECENTLY put it in, WHILE someone was skilling, alterations to the skilling code may result in indeterminate behavior. This isn't a bug with the hack, this is just an artifact of what happens when you change the rules in the middle of an activity. Just ignore it, it will go away on its own.

Is there any way to force a reset to a household, or the whole 'hood for cases like this?

I've had a similar problems when I updated macrotastics while some sim was macro-bathroom-ing or cleaning, or some such.  Most of the time, it goes away or I need to replace the toilet, shower, or whatever.  Recently though, one household caused the whole game to crash on load.  I figured out it was one sim in that house under macrotastics control when I did the binary dance.

The whole issue corrected itself by chance when another hack update came along to reset the 'hood, but for my edification, is there a way I can reset the 'hood myself?  I don't get this sort of problem often, but sometimes it's not possible to have everyone at home, in bed, and/or idle when I save.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 29, 23:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install inseminator, boot hood, uninstall, boot hood.

*I'm sure I've spellt that wrong but I'm too lazy to check.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 30, 16:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy The way you spelled it, "inseminator," makes it sound like the program causes pregnancy.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 30, 19:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy The way you spelled it, "inseminator," makes it sound like the program causes pregnancy.

Well, it could, with it's "have baby with..." option. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 30, 20:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never touched insim, so I don't know what it can or cannot do.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 30, 22:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

Well it can certainly reset your hood! As to the rest, it tries to be all things to all people but I've had varying results and odd things happening after its use, so I don't any more.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 01, 14:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

Well it can certainly reset your hood! As to the rest, it tries to be all things to all people but I've had varying results and odd things happening after its use, so I don't any more.

I used to have it in mainly for sim aging and for the teleport feature.  Much easier than waiting around for sims to walk or run miles to get to the shower, etc.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: