More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:24:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Seasonal Aging Project - Testers Needed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasonal Aging Project - Testers Needed.  (Read 31043 times)
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
Seasonal Aging Project - Testers Needed.
« on: 2008 April 27, 13:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod decreases the length of the seasons to 4 days each and increases the lifespans of sims account for a 16day year.

Pregnancy:
Lasts for 12 days total and consists 3 trimesters each lasting 4 days.
The effects of morning sickness have been reduced to help prevent pregnancy motive failure.
I made it so that pregnant sims can leave the lot untill they are 16 hours from delivery.
Here is one to make JMP happy... Maternity leave has been abolished by this mod unless you are about to give birth.

Age Data:
Babies - age 0 to 1 - lasts 16 days.
Toddler - age 1 to 5 - lasts 64 days.
Child - age 5 to 13 - lasts 128 days.
Teen - age 13 to 20 - lasts 112 days.
Young Adult - Teens can go to college as early as 17.  Semesters last 128 hours.
Adults - age 20 to 45 - lasts 400 days.
Elders - age 45 and up - lasts between 80 and 320 additional days.

Plantsim Age Data:
Since plants live longer than humans I adjusted the plantsim ages as follows.
Toddler - age 0 to 1 - last 16 days.
Adult - age 1 to 50 - lasts 740 days.
Elder - age 50 to 100 - lasts 800 days.

* awrevell - Seasonal Aging.zip (2.88 KB - downloaded 808 times.)

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Seasonal Aging Project - Testers Needed.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 27, 13:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to add a warning that this mod is probably functionally incompatible with ACR & Inteen because (IIRC) both modify the ages at which a Sim is fertile and all your Sims are still going to be children when menapause hits.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 27, 17:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use either of the mods you mentioned but would be happy to look at ACR if a conflict arises.   On the other hand, Inteenimator conflicts with just about everything.  And since I happen to love cats and have my own I won't download it and possibly kill my little buddy.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 17, 17:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks interesting, but I have a question. How does the shorter seasons affect plant growth and the maturation of vegetables and fruit? A lot of my sims grow their own fruits and veggies, and I still will need a reasonable growing season.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 17, 20:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this would certainly slow the game down. I suppose everyone would die with their LTW fulfilled and all skills. Not for me.
Doubtlessly, someone will love you for this mod though, awrevell.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 18, 00:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With this mod installed will be more chance for some players to die earlier than some of their sims(and especially plantsims). Smiley
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 18, 03:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-snicker- Love this idea for a couple of my 'hoods.. I'd need to know what it borks first, though.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 22, 02:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have checked this against the mods I use and have downloaded a few others to test it against and haven't had a problem yet.  However, I have not and will not load inteen.  If someone has the kitten killer and wishes to test this mod against that... fine.  And if you find a conflict you can post a copy of the bhav from inteen that needs altered and I will see if I can make an inteen compatible version.  One of the mods I downloaded (and have continued to use as a result) was ACR.  There are no conflicts that I have seen.   Note this mod will conflict with any mod that alters the seasons or age data. 

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 22, 13:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would not conflict (necessarily) with inteen but be functionaly incompatible. Inteen introduces declining fertility by age and therefor your Sims will be past menopause before they are teens (if not children). To use inteen (and possibly ACR - I can't remember how/if it affects fertility) you'd need to hack them to ensure your old age teenagers (and adults) were still fertile.

As a point of interest. You say your game is functioning OK with ACR and this? How many pregnancies are you seeing?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 23, 01:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no shared BHAVs between ACR and my mod.  I have also tested it for a while and seen that ACR interactions have occured autonomously like they are supposed to.  However, while I have seen autonomous woohoo I have not had an autonomous try for baby occur yet that I am aware of.   Mind you what I thought was autonomous woohoo could have been an autonomous try for baby that failed to produce offspring.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 23, 18:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR has declining fertility as sims age.  It starts to become noticeable at around 10 days left in the adult stage, or so.  It's not a conflict that produces obvious borkage; it's really more that the whole 'try for baby' dice rolls will not make any sense with this mod.  However, I would note that TJ doesn't make ACR behave logically even with his own Age Duration hack, and many people manage to make it work for their needs.

I do use both of those TJ hacks, and I'm not really interested in the mind-numbing length of sim lives with this mod, but it's more a question of tuning the ACR BCONs to be consistent with these altered life stages.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 23, 22:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And of course, just because you have ACR in the game doesn't mean you can't have the sims try for baby manually if you really want them to have a kid when they're close to becoming elders.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 24, 04:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way the age is stored is days left in stage rather than days old.  IE when someone is first born it has x number of days till it becomes a toddler rather than being 0 days old. Any tests that check age (other than the obvious checks for baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, or elder) would get the number of days left in lifestage. Therefore if sims experienced decreased fertility at 10 days till elder they would experience a longer fertile period with my mod installed.  This would not produce a conflict with ACR but rather work in conjunction with ACR to produce more realistic results where the sim would start to experience reduced fertility at 44 years of age which isn't too far off reality.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 24, 17:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awrevell, a tip for you: experiment trumps theory.  Always.

I don't know how your mod stores, retrieves or manipulates age, nor do I know how ACR does this.  Since some people who are interested in your mod are concerned about its compatibility with ACR, and you do play with ACR yourself, you would help your credibility and the reliability of your mod by doing some actual tests.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 24, 20:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, in case you missed it... I downloaded and installed ACR to DO tests.   I have been testing and haven't found any problems.  However, if you have some useful information such as a particular something I should attempt that ACR has been known to bork when combined with some other age mod please let me know.  I would be happy to perform such tests.  If the only advice you can give is "do some tests"... well, I am.   I haven't found any problems with any of ACRs functions and I have a lot of different mods running.

Here is a list of the mods I am running:

CBoy's nudist and cock mods

FFS - abortbedmaking, antiflycatching, antifoodnap, antiprankhack, antiredundancy, antiwatchout, antiweatherreaction, bvchildanimfix, commlightson, comm-skilling, dontwaveatme, ffsdebugger,hugginghack, interactwogreet, lessgamerage, ltwvariety, marriage-traditional, noaplussspam, noassignemntlitter, noautopetbuy, nobuskers, nodrivewayshuffle, nodroptiredbaby, noeatcrap, noplagiarism, norabbitspin, noroadpillows, noroutefail, nossrespawn, nostrayrespawn, notelepathy, noteleportpuddle, notownieregen, nowhatsthis, petsp0-jobfixes, romanceurnstonefix, runtoclass, warmthfixes, wfsanity, woohooltwfix, yellowpee, yellowpeeobject

Sims2Living teen woohoo and pregnancy

TwoJeffs - ACR, Abductions - Higher Odds, Age Transitions - Teens Keep Loves, Always Flush Toilet - Wash Hands NP, Bring Hobby Friend From Work Fix, Caged Pet Fixes, Chinese & Coffee Sit Down Fix, Complain Social Fix, Computer Fixes - No Autonomy, Dance Sphere In Use Fix, Dormie Gender Controller, Food Already Available Fix, Gypsy - FT Genie Fix, Handheld & MP3 No Autonomy, Hobby Idle Anim Fix, Homework Sometimes, Hot Springs Fix, NL No Instrument Want Spam, No Autonomous Diary, No Autonomous Jump On Bed, No Autonomous Noogies, No Baby Toddler Swarming, No Belching & Farting, No Dancing In Silence, No Finals At Night, No Indoor Kicky Bag, No Pet Code Spam, No Play In Bathtub, No Shoving From Look Through, No Sports Party Wants, OFB - No Dorm Car Wants Fix, OFB - Object Min Cost Want Hack, Photobooth Try For Baby Fix, School Bus - Bring Friend Dialog, Smart Beds, Stinky Dormie Fix, Students Move Away From Portal,  Teen - Adult & Skunk Attraction Fixes, Toddler Potty Fixes, Tripplets & Quads, Visitor Snacking Fix, Young Adult & Lazy Anim Fix

I have been using all those hacks and Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility doesn't report any conflicts with my mod. I have not experienced any problems with any of those mods.  However, I can not test every possible combination of mods with mine... I don't have every mod.  If any one finds a conflict that causes a problem I would be more than happy to check it out.  That being said however, I am not going to download every  hack posted on every site to test compatibility.  I answered the concerns about reduced fertility with an explanation of how the system works and how my mod will interact with the code in ACR.   That wasn't theory, that was fact, the number of days are stored as days left in stage.  My mod increases the number of days left in stage so any mod that deals with that will activate later in the lifestage.  Whenever I have used "Try for baby" it has been fairly successful, I haven't encountered any problems with it. 

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 25, 17:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I should have said, 'do some tests and report your results'?  I should have thought the latter was obvious.  And no, I'm quite sure I did not miss any results you posted.  As a rudimentary example, did you test manual auto-woo attempts, manual try-for-baby attempts, autonomous woohoo?  Did you have the try-for-baby dialog on, so you could see the predicted probabilities and the resulting dice rolls?  Did you test sims at the beginning and near the end of their adult stage (as your mod sets it) to determine if/how their fertility is affected?

I answered the concerns about reduced fertility with an explanation of how the system works and how my mod will interact with the code in ACR.   That wasn't theory, that was fact, the number of days are stored as days left in stage.  My mod increases the number of days left in stage so any mod that deals with that will activate later in the lifestage.

I will not argue the semantics of what is theory, or not.  If you did the tests I suggested above, you would not have to predict what your mod 'will do' with ACR, you would have been able to report what your mod does do.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 25, 22:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being new to ACR I didn't realize that turning the dialog on would give you all that information.  I will test with that dialog turned on.

There are no shared BHAVs between ACR and my mod.  I have also tested it for a while and seen that ACR interactions have occured autonomously like they are supposed to.  However, while I have seen autonomous woohoo I have not had an autonomous try for baby occur yet that I am aware of.   Mind you what I thought was autonomous woohoo could have been an autonomous try for baby that failed to produce offspring.

Perhaps I should have said, 'do some tests and report your results'?  I should have thought the latter was obvious.  And no, I'm quite sure I did not miss any results you posted.  As a rudimentary example, did you test manual auto-woo attempts, manual try-for-baby attempts, autonomous woohoo?  Did you have the try-for-baby dialog on, so you could see the predicted probabilities and the resulting dice rolls?  Did you test sims at the beginning and near the end of their adult stage (as your mod sets it) to determine if/how their fertility is affected?

However, apparently you did miss something... because you just asked if I tested autonomous woohoo... after I had already reported that it had occured.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 26, 15:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autonomous woohoo, or autonomous trying for a baby? Sims will woohoo no matter how many days they have left, but it's the trying they'll stop at a certain point. Should be pretty easy to test. Just pick a couple of sims who are well into adulthood in your game and check their token status.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 27, 17:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting idea, but the age spans are far too long, for my tastes. Has anyone considered the notion that sims live on a planet which is not Earth?

If one were to run with 4 day seasons and to continue to regard 4 days as equivalent to a Terran year, then we can stipulate that the sim planet is orbiting its very hot sun in a 4 year orbit.

I am throwing this idea into the mix, not as a request, but a food for thought. The OP's figures look a little scary. Toddlers are too easily maxed out in too many skills under EAxis age spans ... 64 days of toddlerhood! OMFG!!11ONE

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 27, 18:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone considered the notion that sims live on a planet which is not Earth?
No wai! Rly?

I have 11 houses in play right now, with seasonal rotation (standard 5-day seasons). I play teens for four days as teens (then college or put in Simlogical school to goof off for three days). That's about what toddlerhood is, and that's the stage where they are walking around the 'hood all the time. A teen is a teen for approximately 55 days in my 'hood. That's already seeming too long, and I'm not actively playing them for the majority of that time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 29, 18:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would be pretty awesome if you could also nerf the rates of skill gain and LTR change, proportional to how much longer sim's lives are, so that lifetime wants are still kind of a lifelong pursuit instead of something you knock out in 1 or 2 years of your sims life Smiley
I don't know if that kind of change would be possible.. but it's something to consider.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 30, 13:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what's the status of this mod? Is the infertility issue being investigated? Is the issue of 4-day season and plant growing cycle being investigated? Also, do you need to start new sims (CAS, new baby) for it to take effect, or just stick it in the downloads to an exiting hood and everyone will now live a longer life? What will happen if I don't like it and take it out? Does it bork my game?

I keep lengthening my sims' ages now that I might well use this mod. If it bothers me, I can always "set to birthday".

So TJ's age duration hack is in conflict. What about Simwardrobe's season change vase? I don't think so because it only manually sets the season instead of altering the season data, am I right? I will eyeball all the hacks I have to see if anything has something to do with age or season (I can't think of any on top of my head now). But if I miss, will they turn up in hack conflict scan?

Sims2Living teen woohoo and pregnancy

awrevell, is this Woohoo Teens by Jenflower, at Inteen? I don't use Inteen, but I like woohoo teens.

Test results:

Well, well, I went ahead to test it anyway. It's seriously borking ACR. Like a prvious post said, they seem to be infertile as I set "always" try for baby. They didn't seem to get it on autonomously much, but I was impatient so I used "auto woohoo", which had no results (they were not moving). When I finally make them relax on bed, and "casual...try for baby", no try for baby dialog popped up (I set it on). Anyway, I didn't test further, once I pulled this out, everything went back to normal. Actively autonomous, try for baby dialog, and everything.

One problem with this mod, even it plays well with ACR, is that your sim will be 715 years old when he turns elder. Unless the tooltip message can be tweaked to show a normal age, I definitly won't use it. Even though it is only cosmetic, it's pretty important to me, and maybe many other players.

One thing I like is no maternity leave untill close to birth. If this part can be separated and become a stand-alone mod, I would want to use it.

For now, I'll stick with my modified TJ's age duration hack.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 30, 23:15:17 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 June 04, 12:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was also investigating ACR and found the BHAV and BCON you mentioned.  While the game stores ages like I said TJ made a BHAV that calculates age based on time in previous age catagories plus total possible days in the current age catagory minus days left in age.

I looked at the problem from several angles and the only solution that presented itself to me was to alter the BHAV in ACR to accomodate my mod.

The original BHAV checked to see if the total age was less than or equal to 22 days (roughly 16 years) so I altered that to reflect 16 years in my mod (256 days).  If the subject was greater than 22 days it checked to see if it was greater than 50 days as well.  I looked at how it handled things and after a great deal of deliberation I picked 44 as the point when fertility would hit 0.  This translates to 704 days in my mod and I altered the BHAV to match.  Since the remaining time was a measure of the days between 22 and 50 I altered the BHAV to subtract 256 from the age and divide the result of that by 16 to get the appropriate number to check against the BCON.

Attached is a modified copy of the ACR main controller modified for use with my mod.  Please back up your original controller before placing the altered controller in your downloads folder so that if you choose to remove my mod you can replace the controller with the original. 

* ACR - Controller - Main.7z (44.81 KB - downloaded 849 times.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: