More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:54:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Testers Wanted -- Less Campus Cheering
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted -- Less Campus Cheering  (Read 4770 times)
highstresslevel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Testers Wanted -- Less Campus Cheering
« on: 2008 June 01, 07:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheering was driving me crazy, so I had to make it stop.

I think this worked, but I'm like a monkey wielding a pitchfork when it comes to coding, so this is use at your own risk.  Could go boom.

I have it running in my game.  Used the mailbox to bring in a Mascot and Cheerleader.  They hung around, watched TV, chased off the evil mascot and did NOT run up and cheer at my sims.  They will still do the School Cheer interaction, where two sims cheer at each other, but that's shorter, and not quite as brain exploding. 

What I did:

Pulled the "Cheer - Perform Cheer" BHAV from the NPC templates and changed the first line so that both true and false "Return True" and the rest is skipped, so no cheering.  I think this is the game going: "free to cheer?" and the code going "bug off," but who knows.

* lesscampuscheering.package (0.33 KB - downloaded 366 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 June 01, 10:24:02 by highstresslevel » Logged
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted -- Less Campus Cheering
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 01, 23:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, I'll be interested to see how this works out. I'm not playing a Uni in my 'hood at the moment so have nothing to test it in for you, but I do hope this turns out to be sufficiently shiny. Honestly, what kind of hypercoke are those cheerleaders on?!

I wouldn't even mind the spontaneous cheer-in-your-face obnoxiousness if it were done far less frequently - say, once every sim hour or so - but the way she stalks people into the bathroom just to scream in their faces is just too bizarre. Good luck with this!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted -- Less Campus Cheering
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 01, 23:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Uni cheering does get annoying after a while.  This hack appears to work as advertised. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: