More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 21:16:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  My Kitchen and Bath Interior Design completely vanished!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Kitchen and Bath Interior Design completely vanished!  (Read 5220 times)
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My Kitchen and Bath Interior Design completely vanished!
« on: 2008 April 26, 17:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what I did.  I am using the BV nocd ... linked in the SecuRom thread.  But when I first installed the stuff pack, the objects were there.  And the clothing.    Now, they don't show up anywhere.  I can see the folder in the File Manager, so it is still on the computer,  but the objects etc. are AWOL.   Was there a newer BV nocd I should have?  Anyone else have this problem?   I did install the newest CEP,  but even with it uninstalled the stuff pack is still missing.    Any suggestions would be appreciated.    K Shocked
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: My Kitchen and Bath Interior Design completely vanished!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 26, 17:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said you can see the folder, but are the contains still intact? Also, I don't think it's a problem with the crack. A crack wouldn't cause such a thing.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 26, 17:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried to use the Anygame or Basegame starter? That hasn't been updated for K&B yet, and if you run it, it will partially uninstall the game.

KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 26, 17:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I did.  I had to add some lighting to a CAS I had downloaded.   I don't know if the new stuff pack was there afterward...Supposedly according to the PR on that Anygame Starter it doesn't affect the game files, but exists separately from them.   So, I guess the best course wouild be to reinstall Kitchen & Bath.    I'll try it next.   Thanks.  K
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 26, 18:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate computers.     Angry
So the disk won't start.    So I uninstalled K&B....and the disk still won't start.    Computer is claiming the autorun isn't a valid 32KWin program.  What is that about?   
So I can't reinstall.    Bummer!
Any further input?  Do I have to take Sims completely off to start over?    If so I may as well reformat while I am at it.    This is turning into a real crock of yuka!   
I have restarted the computer a couple of times,  but whatever the problem is that isn't correcting it.    I am real tempted to just forget about the K&B all together.  $20 down the drain!. K
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 26, 21:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you on 98/ME, or on XP?

Here are the Microsoft support articles on that kind of a disc issue:

How to troubleshoot common problems that occur when a Windows 98-based or Windows Millennium Edition-based computer cannot read a CD or a DVD
How to troubleshoot common problems that occur when a Windows XP-based computer cannot read a CD or a DVD

You will note that the first article specifically mentions "<program> is not a valid win32 application" as one of several error messages indicating a problem reading the disc.

Also, nosing around their database for similar issues, I see that the error sometimes occurs when a disc has incorrect localization information in the autorun.inf file... in other words, an incompatibility between language versions. Did you install from the disc, or did you install from an ISO image?

You might want to try using Disk Cleanup to empty the temporary files folder.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 27, 02:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on XP.  Emptied the temp files folder.... Read through the articles...No upgrades show up for the CD Drive at windows update....AND I used this disk to install K&B originally.    I also was very careful to take to nocd out and re "exe" the original BV program file.     I haven't tried the disk in another computer.   I guess it would just give me a message.  I will try that.  I guess the disk could have mysteriously contracted a damage from the first install to this attempt.   The message is still "Not a valid Win32 file.   Weird.   K
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 27, 03:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried the disk in my Vista system.  It worked fine.  So the disk isn't bad.   
Uninstalled and reinstalled the drive.  No dice....
Went into regedit (fearless ain't I?)  Took out all references to K&B and Kitchen & Bath Interior etc.
No dice...
Tried a music CD....It was recognized, but said it couldn't play it.  To clean it and try again.
The second music CD I tried just said it couldn't be read.
So...even though I can write to it and read the file names and even get a few of them to download...I would have to conclude that my CD drive is borked.
Got a call into my tech..."Bring me out a new drive!"   If a  new drive should happen to fail...then I live without my K&B.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 27, 04:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is why you try to avoid anything so crass as actual, physical disks, as drives have an extremely short operating life given the demands of crap like ScrewUROM.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 27, 22:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,   Did SecuRom install itself on this system when I installed the Kitchen & Bath?  I didn't run the game from a disk, I thought the Stuff Packs were okay, since I used the nocd crack to run the game after I put the stuff pack in.   It had better not be on this system, since that was the reason for the nocd to start with.
Maybe the drive is just that old already...6 years at least.  Have the tech coming out this week and he will have to take this thing away again and make it work!    K

P.S.   Of course, back in October when my system failed big time...no USB,  bad mobo etc.   SecuRom was on there then.  Maybe it damaged the CD drive then and it is just showing up now.  Everything else is new except the DVD/CD drive.   I knew at the time I should get the new one in.   
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 28, 00:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,   Did SecuRom install itself on this system when I installed the Kitchen & Bath?  I didn't run the game from a disk, I thought the Stuff Packs were okay, since I used the nocd crack to run the game after I put the stuff pack in.   It had better not be on this system, since that was the reason for the nocd to start with.
Maybe the drive is just that old already...6 years at least.  Have the tech coming out this week and he will have to take this thing away again and make it work!    K

P.S.   Of course, back in October when my system failed big time...no USB,  bad mobo etc.   SecuRom was on there then.  Maybe it damaged the CD drive then and it is just showing up now.  Everything else is new except the DVD/CD drive.   I knew at the time I should get the new one in.   

The methods of install to avoid Securom, are to Install on an account with Admin access, if you install on any other account, Securom installs on game install. On Admin accounts, securom installs on games run with the origanal exe. It could have been another game you've installed as well, Securom isn't only on EA games you know. Wander over to the Seurom thread and eye ball what you need to look for to see if Securom is on your machine.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 28, 01:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks, Morriganrant.   Did that, I mean install as administrator.  And I did search for anything on this box saying Securom.   And it doesn't appear to be on here.   I probably just wore out the DVD/CD drive.    This week should get it worked out.
Thanks again.  K
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 03, 01:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!   Was a broken worn out drive.  Have a brand new DVD/CD writer on the SATA bus and it is just fine.  Now I learned not to use the Anygame until updated.  Thanks for that tip!   All is restored and good to go.  Thanks for the help!  K Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: