More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 00:10:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FT Food Judging Table -- Solved
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FT Food Judging Table -- Solved  (Read 4837 times)
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
FT Food Judging Table -- Solved
« on: 2008 May 02, 15:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to get the food judging table (which is apparently needed in order to do a food competition?) into my game without having to use one of those terrible Maxis lots? I can't find it in my game -- went through the entire catalogue, both on resi and comm lots, and it's nowhere to be seen. Not in the FT collection either.

Not sure about other competitions .. I've heard that you can do at least some of them at home too, but if any of the other ones require special objects too I'd love to hear about alternative methods as well. I have seen Zazazu's thread about modifying the Maxis hobby lots, but I'd prefer not having to do that (if I'd do competitions, I want them to take place in the same hood that my sims live in, not some mysterious parallel universe).
« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 16:14:40 by pbox » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: FT Food Judging Table
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 02, 15:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's there-it might be in the misc bit of the tables. Anyhow, you can find it if you look in the FT collection.

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 02, 15:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is odd. It's definitely not in that collection for me, and not in the Surfaces section either. If you're really sure about this, then perhaps I  have something that's conflicting with it .. ?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 02, 15:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have my game running, so I'll go look now.

[eta]

Surfaces>Misc.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 15:55:11 by Emma » Logged

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 02, 15:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just removed my downoads + the zCEP fodler and deleted the various cache files (cigen.package, accessory.cache, groups.cache) -- still no dice.

Next thing I'll try is put your "Tasty Dish" lot into my game (I've only just seen it) and see what happens then.

Thanks for your help so far =) the fact that you were able to make this lot gives me hope!

No, wait -- now I got it to show up! Thank you so much =) -- with no CC and the caches deleted (as above), it now shows up *on comm lots* (I tried with a residential one first). Oddly, it's still not in the FT collection.

Hooray!

Thanks muchly. I couldn't tell whether or not it was supposed to be there in the first place. If I find out that there was something specific conflicting wth it, I'll post back.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 16:01:41 by pbox » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 02, 15:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, if it is a conflict maybe whatever is conflicting with it will show up there instead of the table. Wink

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 02, 16:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone else has the same issue: deleting the cache files was all that was needed -- I have all my downloads back in now, and the CEP-extra folder too, and the table is still in the catalogue. Thanks again, Emma =)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: FT Food Judging Table -- Solved
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 02, 16:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pbox, I don't think it is supposed to show up in the residential lot catalog anyway. It's just a community thing, more's the pity. Wouldn't it be great to have a Cooking Contest Home Business lot? Cheesy

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
Re: FT Food Judging Table -- Solved
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 02, 17:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thank you, both of you! I didn't even *know* that the table was available in the catalogue at all! Smiley Now I have some great plans for my new community lot!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: