More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:38:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Buying and selling novels
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Buying and selling novels  (Read 6784 times)
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Buying and selling novels
« on: 2008 April 25, 23:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a way to multiply the novels, that sims can write in FT?

My simkids get the want to read a novel and I think it is quite unrealistic, that someone in their family has to have written a novel, or they canīt ever read one. It would be great, if they could buy a novel in a bookstore. However I am reluctant to let my sims, who actually have written novels, sell those. As it is they get one hard copy of the novel and thatīs it. When they sell it, it is gone and they canīt sell it again. Iīd love to have the opportunity to order more copies of the already written novel in order to sell them. It would be great, if the additional copies would cost money, too.

Maybe there is a trick to get more copies of one novel. If someone managed to do so, please share.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Buying and selling novels
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 26, 00:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only way I can think of is to buy a community lot, place the novel on the lot, and sell it back to  the community, then package the lot, and have Sims that you want to own copies of the book buy a copy of the lot, and recover the book.

In my own neighborhood, I decided to have a different Sim write one Custom Novel for each cover, then give them all to Katelyn Roomies.  She purchased the Pleasantview Public Library, put all the novels into the bookshelves there, and soldit back to the community. Sims who visit that lot can read them.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6673/booklisthi6.jpg

The "Discuss Book With..." option isn't available on Community Lots, however. And the lengthy descriptions I wrote for the novels only show up when the novel's in someone's inventory.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9279/04112008223853hr8.jpg

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 26, 00:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A library is a good idea. I hadnīt thought about that. Still it would have been great if those bestsellers could actually be sold and owned by other sims in the neighbourhood.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 26, 07:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it would work if you kept the lot owned, perhaps by a placeholder sim, and marked the books for sale. Never actually play the lot as the business owner. Visiting sims can buy veggies from owned lots.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 26, 07:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a cheaty trick to duplicate small objects exploiting inventory panel. Put a small object on an end table, and put the table in inventory with the object on. Take the table out from inventory, remove the object from the table and put it on the ground, and put the table again in inventory. Do not go into Live mode, but select aspiration rewards panel, and go back to inventory panel. The end table is still in the inventory with the small object on. Repeat it as many times as you want.

Haven't tried this trick on custom novels yet. Better to save the game beforehand so that you don't accidentally lose custom novels.

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 26, 11:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anybody know the way to remove(delete)written custom novels from game?For composed "custom"tracks on synth.it's exist and
what with bookcase.Only way not put novel in bookcase at all?
« Last Edit: 2008 April 26, 15:41:31 by Alexx » Logged
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 26, 16:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to Zazazu:
You can't put novel for sale Sad
to Lord Darcy:
Trick works! At least for me everything went smoothly and I got 6 copies of the same novel Smiley. Was able to give it as a gift.
I guess the writer can go to the bookstore and have something like a signing evening, by giving everyone a free copy.
to Alexx:
I accidentally deleted a novel , by taking it out, then sim wanted to put it back into the bookcase, and at the same moment I deleted that bookcase, novel dissapeared from sim's hand, and no options on bookcase after that. Hope it was understandable.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 26, 16:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to Zazazu:
You can't put novel for sale Sad
Well, that's dumb, but predictable. It was a long-shot.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 26, 17:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to Alexx:
I accidentally deleted a novel , by taking it out, then sim wanted to put it back into the bookcase, and at the same moment I deleted that bookcase, novel dissapeared from sim's hand, and no options on bookcase after that. Hope it was understandable.
Thank you.Nice trick. Smiley
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 26, 18:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the trick, Lord Darcy. I think I will try putting the novel in a bookcase and then marking that for sale. Maybe novels are buyable that way. At least with the trick to multiply them, I can try that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: