More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:57:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims should radiate social...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims should radiate social...  (Read 6911 times)
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Sims should radiate social...
« on: 2008 April 22, 17:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this possible?  I know the Social Bunny does it.

It makes sense, realistically speaking.  I don't have to interact with someone to enjoy their company, just having someone else around makes a person less lonely.

Pets, too.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Sims should radiate social...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 22, 17:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a person around and ignoring you makes you more lonely, at least it does with me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 22, 17:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a person around and ignoring you makes you more lonely, at least it does with me.

There's a difference between ignoring and simply not doing things together.

I'm just sayin, Sims should get a boost in social when they pass one another in the hall and such.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 22, 17:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this possible?  I know the Social Bunny does it.

It makes sense, realistically speaking.  I don't have to interact with someone to enjoy their company, just having someone else around makes a person less lonely.

Pets, too.
I'm pretty sure they do boost social while sitting quietly near each other on a couch or something...because I believe it happens with Macro - Power Idle. I believe that one's known as the Sit Down and Shut Up function or something. Meanwhile, they're gaining social.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 22, 17:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually, with power idle on, they don't get the social boost...unless it's changed in the last couple versions...

IMO, there should be idle chatter between sims if the relationship is high, independent of other actions.  e.g. one sim painting and one sim on the computer in the same room, they're friends...idle chatter should occur and result in social boost.

That's the one thing that's always seemed so odd to me is that sims in the same room are oblivious to each other unless they're doing the same activity AND it's a group activity.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 22, 17:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always think social should rise when 2 sims sleep in a bed together, especially if they are spooning.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 22, 17:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, but they're always thinking of other people
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 22, 21:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it depends on the person, and the kind of relationship. I could say my "social" goes up when I hang out with a friend, even if we are doing separate things, but not in a room with random boring strangers, or if I feel ignored.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 22, 22:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and my comfort goes down around people I can't stand and up around people I like.

Let's face it, Sims is all wrong!
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 23, 04:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if they should radiate Social, but they should *definitely* stop radiating Bladder.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 25, 01:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, odd that Power Idle shouldn't raise social. They do get that boost if you tell them to sit on the sofa together. I wonder if J.M. could tap into that for Power Idle.

For the record, I've got macrotastics, but rarely use Power Idle. If they got a social rise when doing nothing together, I might use it more.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 26, 21:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a person around and ignoring you makes you more lonely

Yes, yes it does, and this is why I've often used it as psychological torture. More in the past than in the present, but it is quite effective, nonetheless.

I agree with the OP that sims being in the same room together, even if they are doing different tasks, should boost the Social motives of both sims, and that they should be able to chat while carrying out their tasks. I get very irritated that, if one sim is drinking coffee whilst another is eating pizza, they completely ignore each other, even though they are sitting at the same table.

Edited for typo.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
skoop
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 26, 21:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get very irritated that, if one sim is drinking coffee whilst another is eating pizza, they completely ignore each other, even though they are sitting at the same table.

Do you mean when you are using Power Idle, or anytime? My Sims always seem to chat when they are sitting at a table if their relationship is high, or they are family. I don't use Power Idle much, so I wouldn't know about their behaviour then.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 26, 21:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, odd that Power Idle shouldn't raise social. They do get that boost if you tell them to sit on the sofa together. I wonder if J.M. could tap into that for Power Idle.
They already do. Any time sims are parked on a bench together, social will rise. Power Idle, however, has them STFU, because letting them open their yaps is potentially destructive.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 26, 21:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get very irritated that, if one sim is drinking coffee whilst another is eating pizza, they completely ignore each other, even though they are sitting at the same table.

Do you mean when you are using Power Idle, or anytime? My Sims always seem to chat when they are sitting at a table if their relationship is high, or they are family. I don't use Power Idle much, so I wouldn't know about their behaviour then.

Anytime. If sims are doing different types of activities (e.g. one is watching TV and one is studying from a book), then they will not notice each other, even if they are sitting together.

ETA: For some reason, if one sim is studying or watching TV whilst one is just sitting in the same room, they will chat a bit, and their Social will rise, but if both sims are doing a separate activity, then they ignore each other.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 26, 21:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine in my game. If sims occupy the same bench, or even nearby benches, they automatically gain social just by being present. However, this doesn't work if they're standing or at a table.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 26, 21:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I suppose it could be a coincidence that my sims don't seem to chat or gain Social when doing different activities in the same seating area, or that I imagined it, but it does seem to be the case in my game that they ignore each other when doing different activities. I will investigate further.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 27, 04:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Power Idle, however, has them STFU, because letting them open their yaps is potentially destructive.

How is it potentially destrutive? Because they might talk about subjects they don't agree on and 'damage' relationship?

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: