More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:15:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Walk To Lot Disappearing ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Walk To Lot Disappearing ?  (Read 3681 times)
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
Walk To Lot Disappearing ?
« on: 2008 April 25, 15:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello people, I've been lurking around for a while looking for a way to fix this problem I've been having but found no one with the same bug as me. So here it goes:

Basically every time I try to send my sims to a hobby lot using the walk to lot interaction they walk down the sidewalk and stop. The interaction disappears from the queue as well. Now sometimes my sims will walk all the way to the end, disapear as if it was actually working and then it would stop and the only thin I could see is my sims plumbob. The sim is still usable but I can't click on where it would normally be to get the self-interactions.

Now, I know that it isn't caused by my downloads or my userdata. But what's causing this to happen?

PS: When I try to call the taxi after this has happened when my sim is about to walk towards it it continues down the road and disappears.

Please help.  Smiley

Thanks in advance,

Matt

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Walk To Lot Disappearing ?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 25, 15:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, I know that it isn't caused by my downloads or my userdata. But what's causing this to happen?

Well, I would say it probably IS caused by one of your downloads, most likely an older version of something that hasn't been updated for your latest EP (I'm guessing Free Time).  Old versions of TJ's Visitor Controller (the painting-based one) are known to cause similar problems, as are (if memory serves) older versions of Inteen.

Try removing your Downloads folder completely and see if the problem goes away.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 25, 15:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick reply! Smiley I'll try that though I don't have either of those hacks.

I just thought of something, could it be that regenerating townies and npcs with the mailbox is creating this problem?

Thanks again,

Matt

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 25, 15:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, if that were the case more people would report the problem.

What EPs/SPs do you have?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 25, 15:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought of something, could it be that regenerating townies and npcs with the mailbox is creating this problem?
Doubtful. I do it all the time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 25, 15:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doubtful. I do it all the time.

I have at least 2 current 'hoods where townies were generated from the mailbox.  This is not a bug in my game.  I second the idea that this is due to tight pants or the work of the non-awesome.

Tribulatio proxima est
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 25, 16:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be working without my downloads. So I'll test to find out which files it could be. Thanks a lot guys! Smiley I appreciate it.

Matt

Spaz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 25, 21:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got good news and then I've got some bad news.

Good: It's not my downloads or userdata. I tried it again my sim disappeared but right before it did I clicked on the menu and was able to send the invisible sim to the hobby lot.

Bad: I'm probably going to have to reinstall the game OR wait for a patch if that doesn't work.

Sad

Matt

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: