More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:35:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Fell In Love With Self?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fell In Love With Self?  (Read 4211 times)
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Fell In Love With Self?
« on: 2008 April 25, 18:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I JUST did a total neighborhood rebuild (as in, finished it a week and a half ago) after some game-killing glitches in both my neighborhood and backup, and things are already going south again.

Last night, one of my Sims rolled a Want to Dance with himself.  I checked his Memory Panel, and he has the memory of falling in love with himself.

I've got all EPs through Seasons and H&M.  Everything's patched.  The only hacks I have that aren't FFS are Hula&More, Decorgal's posing mods, and a mod to make single-serving desserts for bakeries.  And I DO have the dramafix/metself hack in place, and have since before the rebuild.

Obviously, to rebuild 4 generations worth of Legacy in my neighborhood, I had to cheat quite a bit.  Lot Debugger, InSim sectionals, Debug Mode, Sim Modder, SimPE, the whole nine yards. 

I've found several other Sims with the Fell In Love With Self memory, although none of them have the Met Self memory.  Nuking junk memories with the Lot Debugger doesn't make the memory go away.  The memory does not seem to coincide with all the rebuilding cheatiness--in some cases, it does, which makes my backup worthless again, in the event that this is another game-killing deal, but in other cases, it's a relatively recent memory from well past the point of using InSim or Debug Mode on them.  Not all Sims have the memory, even if I did use cheat-type things on them (and, let's face it, I had to rebuild the entire neighborhood; the only playable Sims who didn't ever get the cheat treatment somewhere down the line are the EAxis-mades). 

If I go into SimPE and delete the memories, is that going to eliminate whatever problem this will generate, or do I have to nuke the neighborhood again and rebuild from scratch a second time?  And how do I tell what's caused the problem so that it doesn't happen again/keep happening?  I REALLY don't want to have to rebuild right now, just after I managed to get things up and running, but I don't want to play too much farther in case I'm staring a BFBVFS in the eye again.  And when a Popularity Sim Wants to Play With himself, that can't be a good thing.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Fell In Love With Self?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 25, 18:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure about "will this solve the problem", but deleting the stupid memories by hand using SimPE will not cause problems.

There appears to be some difference of opinion on this.  However, use of the sim modder in the debugger may cause this.  Additionally, Pescado has suggested that this is potentially a precursor to a BFBVFS.

Refer to this thread for ideas:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3400.0.html

Tribulatio proxima est
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 25, 19:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  Seems like it may have been caused from using the Quick Relations Adjuster sectional of the InSimenator during the rebuild, but so far, it's not affecting all the Sims I did that with, and it's not coinciding with when I did it, at least for some of them.  That's the strange part--it seems like it should be all-or-none, and it isn't.

I guess now the issue is, do I nuke the memories in SimPE and keep playing the 'hood, or give it up as a lost cause and rebuild again, avoiding using InSim to make friends?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 25, 19:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess now the issue is, do I nuke the memories in SimPE and keep playing the 'hood, or give it up as a lost cause and rebuild again, avoiding using InSim to make friends?

Yeah, I'm not sure why the making friends with Insim would cause problems either.  Anyhow, if you do decide to rebuild again, you can always set friendships/relationships in SimPE.  That's generally the way I do it - do all pre-play editing in SimPE.

Tribulatio proxima est
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 25, 21:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For whatever reason, it wasn't letting me adjust relationships in SimPE unless the two had already met.  And if I have to make them meet before I can make them friends/relatives, I may as well turn Debug Mode on in Neighborhood View and drag the bars up manually once they've shook hands and use the Family Tree Sectional to set those relationships.

I'm just wondering whether, since I won't be doing any more cheating, if things will be OK from now on if I delete the memories.  Obviously, I don't want to play much farther if my 'hood's going to go KABOOM again, but I'm not looking forward to doing another total rebuild right after I just got done putting things back together.

Juby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 25, 21:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I knew it wasn't going to make my hood go boom, I'd just rename him Narcissus and be done with it Wink
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 25, 21:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering, DrNerd, how did you "rebuild" the neighborhood? Specifically, how did you get the sims there?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 25, 21:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Juby:  At the very least, it's a Gen 4 spare, and both my Gen 4 Prettacy and Uglacy heirs, and the Gen 3 Prettacy heir.  And those are just the Sims I've found the memory on; I haven't checked everyone yet.

Zazazu: In CAS, I recreated the Founder/spouse and Gen 2/spouse as Elders, Gen 3/spouse as Adults, Gen 4 heir as Teen.  I moved the family into an empty lot so I could motherlode them enough cash to buy back their house.  While they were on that empty lot, I used the Lot Debugger to give everyone the college degrees they'd earned, and the InSimenator to give Permaplat to everyone who'd earned it.  I used the Summoner sectional to bring the other Sims to the lot (mostly spares and children of spares), the Family Tree sectional to make the spares related to their parents/grandparents/siblings, and I used the Quick Relations sectional to Make Mutual Friends With Everyone Here.  When I was using the Quick Relations sectional, I'd make the Sim I'd Summoned to the lot selectable and have him/her use the Mutual Friends option so that the family wasn't continually making Best Friends with themselves over and over and over again.  And then I'd make the Summoned Sim unselectable and send them on their merry way when the relationships had been repaired.  But not all the Sims that I did that with are showing the Fell In Love With Self memory.  I don't know why it's some Sims and not others, and I don't know if this is a game-killing thing, considering how it appears to have occurred.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 26, 11:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For whatever reason, it wasn't letting me adjust relationships in SimPE unless the two had already met. 

If you want to set a relationship in SimPE between two sims that haven't yet met you need to go to the relationship panel as usual and then right click on the picture of the sim you want them to meet. This brings up the option to "Add relation to sim A" Once that's done you should be able to set the relationship.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: