More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:32:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  LTW Enthusiasm Based.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: LTW Enthusiasm Based.  (Read 15774 times)
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
LTW Enthusiasm Based.
« on: 2008 April 23, 21:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LTW Enthusiasm Based
Since FT new enthusiasm features and careers were added and I decided to change LTW concept according to new enthusiasm features.
Some of LTW still allowed only for certain Asp.,but mainly all LTW now allowed almost for ANY Asp.if some Enthusiasm maximized.
So,for example FAM.Asp.sim can have LTW become City Planner if Enthusiasm Tinkering maximized.
OR ROM.Asp.sim can have LTW become Ecological Guru if Enthusiasm Nature maximized.
Caution:
Free Time Must be Installed.
You need to remove any LTW related mods from Downloads before using this.
Two versions available:
1.Standard EAxian LTW(no reduced).
2.Reduced LTW:
Have 1 Business/20 Dream Dates/10 First Dates/2 Pets Best friend/Marry off 2 children/
2 grandchildren/2 children from college/eat 50 grilled cheese/1 Pet top career/Raise 2 puppy,kittens./10 Simul.Loves.
EP1 LTW's included in both packages.Description txt included.

DESCRIPTION:
Adventurer                    -ANY Asp.with max.Enthusiasm:Science,Nature.
Ballet Dance                   -ANY Asp.with max.Enthusiasm:Music&Dances.
Celebrity Chef                 -FAM & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Cousine.
Celebrity Party Guest       -ROM,PLEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Film&Literature,Music&Dances.
Children Abducted by Aliens-KNOW(No changed).
City Planner                   -KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Tinkering.
Criminal Mastermind        -WEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Tinkering.
Cult Leader                   -POP,KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science,Film&Literature.
Eat Grilled Cheese          -GR.CHEESE & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Cousine.
Ecological Guru              -KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science,Nature.
Education                     -KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science.
Game                           -PLEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Games.
General                         -POP & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Sport,Fitness.
Golden Anniversary         -FAM(No changed).
Graduate Children from College - ANY Asp.with max.Enthusiasm:Science.
Hall of Famer                   -WEA,POP & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Fitness,Sport.
Have X Dream Dates         -ANY Asp.
Have X First Dates            -ROM,PLEA.
Hospital Chief of Staff       -WEA,KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science.
Icon                               -POP,PLEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Film&Literature,Fitness,Music&Dances.
Journalism                       -POP & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Film&Literature.
Law                               -WEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science.
Lots of Grandchildren        -FAM(No changed).
Lots of Money                 -ANY Asp.
Mad Scientist                  -KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science.
Marry Off Children            -FAM(No changed).
Max X Skills                     -KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science.
Mayor                            -POP(No changed).
Music                             -ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Music&Dances.
Own X Max Rank Businesses -ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Art&Crafts,Tinkering.
Pet Best Friend                 -POP,KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Nature.
Poseidon                         -ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science,Nature.
Prestidigitator                   -PLEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Art&Crafts,Games.
Raise Puppy Kittens           -FAM(No changed).
Reach Level X in all Careers -ANY.
SCIA                              -KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science.
Simultaneous Best Friends -POP(No changed).
Simultaneous Lovers        -ROM & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Film&Literature.
Superhero                     -FAM,POP & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Sport,Fitness.
Top of Pet Career          -WEA(No changed).
Tycoon                        -WEA(No changed).
Visionary                       -ROM & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Art&Crafts,Music&Dances.
Woohoo                       -ROM,PLEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Fitness.

Enjoy!
Many thanks to Quaxi,Peter & Inge Jones for the SimPE.
Another LTW related mods is here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=256620

* LTW_Standard.rar (19.99 KB - downloaded 374 times.)
* LTW_Reduced.rar (26.73 KB - downloaded 343 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 April 27, 20:04:44 by Alexx » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: LTW Enthusiasm Based.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 24, 02:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see that the enthusiasm needs to be maxed when they roll for the LTW.

For a born in-game sim this means their enthusiasm needs to be maxed at transition to teen for one of these to show up under the enthusiasm rules.  I take it 9 points (let's say they lost a point in the last half-hour before transition) in their one true hobby won't do it.

What about CAS sims, who don't have any enthusiasm points?  This won't affect them, except for the aspiration changes you've made (e.g. criminal mastermind no longer available to knowledge, and adventurer, dancer, musician & oceanographer no longer available to any CAS sim).

Yes, I know I can reroll the LTW once they have max enthusiasm using the lot debugger, the college clock or TJ's college adjuster, or various other hacks.  The point of a LTW hack to me is that it shouldn't require waiting for some other goal to be met to get a LTW that might suit a sim's chosen hobbies.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 24, 02:17:56 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 24, 04:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually thinking of incorporating this sort of thing into the next LTWvariety. Note that this hack is fundamentally incompatible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 24, 04:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presume it would also be incompatible with uni_ltws_sns, since it appears to incorporate into the hack?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 24, 07:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very interesting. Thank you for pointing out the LTW varieties now available through FT when enthusiasm is maxed.
When you listed you reduced LTW version I see you have not adjusted the Family Aspiration for having children.  I would like to see brought down to a reasonable number so the lots are not so taxing on computers or the computer operator...

Good Simming,
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 24, 08:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.I want to notice again about incompatibility with any LTW related Pescado's,Squinge's or my own mods.
2.All Aspirations still have appropriate for current Asp.LTW not based on enthusiasm only,so no any problem in CAS for any Aspiration.
(In description it marked as WEAlth & ANY,or FAMily & ANY etc...)
3.For Family Asp.LTW reduced to Marry OF Children=2/ Lots Of Grandchildren=2/Graduate Children From Coll.=2
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 24, 09:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.All Aspirations still have appropriate for current Asp.LTW not based on enthusiasm only,so no any problem in CAS for any Aspiration.
(In description it marked as WEAlth & ANY,or FAMily & ANY etc...)

So which are the aspirations that would allow a CAS sim with zero enthusiasm to roll up these with your mod?

DESCRIPYION:
Adventurer                    -ANY Asp.with max.Enthusiasm:Science,Nature.
Ballet Dance                   -ANY Asp.with max.Enthusiasm:Music&Dances.
Music                             -ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Music&Dances.
Poseidon                         -ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science,Nature.

I note that you did list existing aspirations for some that you changed, such as medicine, which is already native to wealth and knowledge.

Hospital Chief of Staff       -WEA,KNOW & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Science

The fact that you didn't list existing aspirations for some LTWs, yet you did for others, implies that your hack only allows Adventurer, Dance, Music and Oceanography LTWs for sims with maximum enthusiasm - which is impossible for a freshly created CAS sim.

I note that for criminal you seem to have kept wealth, but excluded knowledge.  The criminal LTW is native to both wealth & knowledge in an unmodded game.
Criminal Mastermind        -WEA & ANY with max.Enthusiasm:Tinkering
« Last Edit: 2008 April 24, 09:12:24 by Kyna » Logged

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 24, 13:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes,all changes maded I made according to my gameplay style and  on my taste,and of course this mod cannot(must not) be universal for everybody. But maybe somebody will like it as is. Smiley
By the way,if you want I can make some"Kyna's"version specially for you. Wink

EDIT:Also,if anybody noticed,all FT careers only for Wealth and Knowledge Aspirations.Is it right EAxian LTW conception?
Can anybody imagine some Ballet dancer with Wealth Aspiration for example or Prestidigitator with Knowledge/Wealth Asp.Sorry,but I can't.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 24, 13:54:38 by Alexx » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 24, 14:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexx, I'm just trying to understand exactly what this mod does.  I'm not asking for a "Kyna specific" version.

When I asked how would a CAS sim get adventurer, dance, music or oceanography LTWs, you said "no any problem in CAS for any Aspiration".  To me that means that any of the LTWs can be rolled up by a CAS sim as long as they have the appropriate aspiration.

However, you also did not state an aspiration for those LTWs, only stating their enthusiasm requirements.

Help me to understand how your mod works please, as your statements seem to contradict themselves.  With your mod in place, which aspirations would allow a CAS sim to roll up the LTWs for the following careers: adventurer, dance, music, oceanography.

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 24, 14:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prestidigitaor with Knowledge Aspiration?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Houdini

And there are quite a few Prestidigitators I can think of that seem to make  large amounts of money, with recurring  television specials.   David Blaine, David Copperfield, Sigfried and Roy, Harry Blackstone. Admittedly, I haven't hjeard much of the latter two as of late.

Don't know much about the world of Professional ballet, though,   so I'm not sure of the knid of money you can spin if very good at it.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 24, 14:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With your mod in place, which aspirations would allow a CAS sim to roll up the LTWs for the following careers: adventurer, dance, music, oceanography.
Not allowed in CAS(Enthusiasm based only).

LTW's allowed in CAS Statistics :
Standard(by default EA)     / My mod LTW's with zero Enthusiasm.
ROM -      7                     /ROM -    8
FAM -      7                      /FAM -    9
WEA -     14                    /WEA -    9
POP -      13                    /POP -     11
KNOW-   16 (!)               /KNOW-    12
PLEA-      6                     /PLEA-      9
Grilled Cheese -  1            /GrCh -     4

And there are quite a few Prestidigitators I can think of that seem to make  large amounts of money, with recurring  television specials.   David Blaine, David Copperfield, Sigfried and Roy, Harry Blackstone. Admittedly, I haven't hjeard much of the latter two as of late.
Sorry,but I live on other side of the world.(with your avatar you must know it) Smiley
Else,I have " Ballet dancer" friend and can say that it is really hard job not for money,but for popularity and enthusiasm mainly.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 24, 20:34:13 by Alexx » Logged
brat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 24, 16:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for all your trouble. I appreciate it. I did, however, notice that you did not list artist. Did you make any changes to that? Also, would you consider uploading the reduced LTW's as a stand alone package? I know squinge had one, but it is no longer compatable. Again, thanks for your hard work.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 24, 17:06:53 by brat » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 24, 18:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love that. I keep rolling to fulfill LTWs that result in too many kids or require a Romance sim to basically woohoo every single townie (current 'hood only has 25 teen-elder).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 24, 20:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate it. I did, however, notice that you did not list artist. Did you make any changes to that? Also, would you consider uploading the reduced LTW's as a stand alone package? I know squinge had one, but it is no longer compatable.
1.Artist - is a Visionary LTW.
2.I don't see any reason to split it to separate packages,for me easier to make one more(even more reduced or expanded) version
of LTW's.But I need to know what exactly must be reduced or expanded.Any suggestions always welcome.
brat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 25, 12:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate it. I did, however, notice that you did not list artist. Did you make any changes to that? Also, would you consider uploading the reduced LTW's as a stand alone package? I know squinge had one, but it is no longer compatable.
1.Artist - is a Visionary LTW.
2.I don't see any reason to split it to separate packages,for me easier to make one more(even more reduced or expanded) version
of LTW's.But I need to know what exactly must be reduced or expanded.Any suggestions always welcome.

1. My bad...thanks.
2. It was just a thought. As you can see by the post directly above yours, others would also be interested in this. But we'll keep looking. Thanks again.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 25, 14:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking for that old LTW reduction hack I used to use, and it looks like it was yours. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=256620 . Version one, if it's just like the non-FT version, shouldn't conflict with Pescado's LTWvariety. I was using the two together and never had a problem.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 25, 19:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking for that old LTW reduction hack I used to use, and it looks like it was yours. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=256620 . Version one, if it's just like the non-FT version, shouldn't conflict with Pescado's LTWvariety. I was using the two together and never had a problem.
Surely must be conflict because the same BHAV's used.
Else I want to remain you something:
Buy hey, don't support your mods, and keep copying JM's work for kicks (with slight changes), proporting VBT's as advice to simmers, et al. Due to your attitude, I'd never download anything you put out.
Are you changed you mind? Wink
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 25, 20:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Else I want to remain you something:
Buy hey, don't support your mods, and keep copying JM's work for kicks (with slight changes), proporting VBT's as advice to simmers, et al. Due to your attitude, I'd never download anything you put out.
Are you changed you mind? Wink
Tongue
1. Your attitude on the thread in question was very, very abrasive.
2. You kept telling people to deleteallcharacters. Over and over and over.
3. You haven't been such an ass lately. Maybe that one moment in time was unusual for you.
4. I honestly forgot you were you when I got it at MTS2. If that was the one I got.
5. The particular item was a near copy of Pescado's stuff, to my mind. It pissed me off. I'm protective-weird like that.
6. I fail at holding grudges.

But in general:

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 25, 21:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually thinking of incorporating this sort of thing into the next LTWvariety. Note that this hack is fundamentally incompatible.

* AmberDiceless waits for the awesome version.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 25, 22:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Your attitude on the thread in question was very, very abrasive.
2. You kept telling people to deleteallcharacters. Over and over and over.
3. You haven't been such an ass lately. Maybe that one moment in time was unusual for you.
4. I honestly forgot you were you when I got it at MTS2. If that was the one I got.
5. The particular item was a near copy of Pescado's stuff, to my mind. It pissed me off. I'm protective-weird like that.
6. I fail at holding grudges.
1.not sure....
2.Yes,yes...
I like to do some dangerous experiments with my game without somebody's suggestions and precautions,otherwise it's impossible to make any
really interesting and useful mods.
All I can say that I still have 2 hoods which I started with DeleteAllCharacters more than 1,5 years ago.I tried to find some terrible problems linked to DAC and not found any really terrible till now.And I'm almost sure that thousands people still cotinue to use it as ordinary  EAxian cheat procedure
not knowing nothing about MATY and why it is so dangerously.
Obviously somebody may be more lucky and somebody less doing the same dangerous things.
3.maybe...
4.skip...
5."particular item" like "roomservice.fix"never was maded by Pescado.Maybe only "no unneeded npc spawn"..
6.Me too.
I like your picture,but dogs for me still more preferable. Smiley

* AmberDiceless waits for the awesome version.
Yes,will be interesting to look on it.(Especially in which way such version will be more awesome)
« Last Edit: 2008 April 26, 15:59:24 by Alexx » Logged
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 01, 19:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds great
did u reduce the number of sims needed to woohoo as well forthe woohoo ltw?
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 01, 21:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds great
did u reduce the number of sims needed to woohoo as well forthe woohoo ltw?
No,it's still 20 only simul.lovers reduced.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: