More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:02:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Abduction in NL changes relationships?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Abduction in NL changes relationships?  (Read 17164 times)
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Abduction in NL changes relationships?
« on: 2005 October 30, 22:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have NL, but I got GB'd by someone about her post.  Apparently her female sim got abducted, and came back disliking her husband, and prefering females.   Huh

Glitch?  New abduction consequences in NL?  I've never checked gender preference before and after abductions in the base game or in Uni before.  Hmmmm, maybe I should. 

Anyway, I'm just curious if anybody here has noticed anything.

Just coincidence but it works.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Re: Abduction in NL changes relationships?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 30, 23:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With all the studies you did on abduction and you never checked gender preference? Lol! Just kidding.  I used your study to see what my chances of having an abduction were with the hood I'm playing now.  Funny thing is, I've never had a female abducted!  I do have one teen who has the ET Reparations Grant want, so I've had her stargazing.  If she gets abducted, I'll check her gender preferences.  Of course, I'll have to see what they are now, too, but I think she likes guys.

That's a little weird.  Suppose the aliens were males who did bad things to her?  Or females who did good things? Lol!  Seriously, if she gets the friendship going well with the hubby, hopefully the relationship will get back to where it was.  I had two females who liked males, but I managed to make them lesbians by using the handheld game, so maybe she needs to try that with her couple.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 31, 02:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have NL, but I got GB'd by someone about her post.  Apparently her female sim got abducted, and came back disliking her husband, and prefering females.   Huh

Glitch?  New abduction consequences in NL?  I've never checked gender preference before and after abductions in the base game or in Uni before.  Hmmmm, maybe I should. 

Anyway, I'm just curious if anybody here has noticed anything.

I have had one female abducted that was married and other than bawling every 2 seconds about the abduction, she seemed to still have a ton of chemistry with her sim Hubby.maybe has to do with how strongly they are attracted to the opposite sex.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 31, 10:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the handhelds wouldn't help, the Uni patch fixed that bug.  Sounds like a case of "SimPE to the rescue".  I have several married couples in my game where the wives prefer women (blame it on Lizzlove's woo-hoo bed!).  For some reason, it didn't seem to happen with the males.  I just sort of nudged them back the right way very gently and they're all AC-DC now instead.  Makes for more interesting carryings-on downtown.

Actually had quite an interesting scenario with one woman who had managed to turn herself into a lesbian with the woo-hoo bed.  She was Downtown and deliberately started picking on my first-ever alien - poking him, shoving him, being thoroughly nasty.  He's 10 in Nice so didn't fight back for a long timel, just kept crying.  Eventually, he had enough and started poking her back.  However, she has 7 in Nice so I couldn't understand why she was being so horrible to him in the first place.  Then it dawned on me - she was in love with his wife (no lightning bolts, though).  Once I got her sorted out and back liking men again, suddenly she was all over this guy.  Why?   Because she had two lightning bolts for him.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 31, 17:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lizzlove at MTS2 has an object with which you can change (or set!) gender preference, based on the white kite-like thing.

This is a true blessing for fixing Sims, or jump-setting gender preference if they have none.

Unfortunately there still is no 100% hetero mod out... I'd install it in a second.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 31, 22:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately there still is no 100% hetero mod out... I'd install it in a second.

Rather unrealistic. And how would I use TJ's "pregnancy for all" hack then? Playing all straight sims would be boring.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 31, 22:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For you, perhaps. Everyone plays differently, embrace diversity.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 31, 23:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm aware, the adduction code in NL didn't change at all, it's been the same since the beginning.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 01, 00:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as it's 100% hetero eh?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 01, 00:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embrace Diversity! No gays in my game!

Snort. Eyeroll.

Please.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 01, 00:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm aware, the adduction code in NL didn't change at all, it's been the same since the beginning.

Thanks.  Too bad though, that would have been interesting:  male sims getting pregnant, and female sims getting their gender preference changed. 

To address the other issue that's cropped up in the thread: 
I have no problems with anyone wanting an all-hetero mod in their game.  But if someone actually does write an all-hetero mod, I want the all-homo version.   Smiley

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 01, 00:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the side track of the thread: I'm working on something (very slowly however) that will let you do this, as well as lots of other cool and very shiny things.

[/tease]
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 01, 01:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the side track of the thread: I'm working on something (very slowly however) that will let you do this, as well as lots of other cool and very shiny things.

[/tease]
Im sure it will be awesome  :)My Sim Maids and parents sing for joy at not having to chase toddler out of toilets etc................thanks to yourmods and Pescado's Mods my sims dont play in toilets and dont run up three flights of stairs to ooh  and ahh  over the new light bulb you stuck in the bathroom while they were at work Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 01, 01:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/tease]

Sounds awesome.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 01, 02:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh how I hate to be teased!!!  Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 01, 02:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto and I  love your Avatar it looks like your Sim is actually Saying Just that Grin

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 01, 02:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto and I  love your Avatar it looks like your Sim is actually Saying Just that Grin

Thanks Bangelnuts

The Sim in my avatar was so addicted to the computer, I left her to it and haven't played her for ages.....she's still playing happily away bless her.  Smiley

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 01, 03:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Bangelnuts

The Sim in my avatar was so addicted to the computer, I left her to it and haven't played her for ages.....she's still playing happily away bless her.  Smiley
I have a Sim Like that only he is addicted to the Piano.I used the DMA thing to male every one naked to see whetherhe would stop playing the Piano.nope he continued right on playing in the nude Tongue his nephews continued their Pillow fight in the nude  his niece looked down discovered she was naked and quickly swirled into Clothes as did his brother ,Father and the DMA workers and the guest. I couldnt believe he didnt realize he was naked and continued playing the Piano in the Buff. the pillow fighters made sense heck they were to busy to notice Grin

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 01, 17:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*G* Pro-gay bigots are so amusing. It's almust as funny as forcing blind people to race hurdles and waiting for them to crash into something.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 01, 21:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as it's 100% hetero eh?

Me, I play them all. Straight, gay, bi, all colors, mixed-race couples, aliens, vampires. "Normal" names, "weird" names, goofy names. To me, the game would be very boring if everyone were the same, much like real life. But everyone should play, and be able to play, the game any way they like. It is supposed to be fun after all. Smiley
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 02, 00:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so I know we're on the same page here, Jordi, you do know that I'm the person who thinks the game should be *less* realistic, right? I wasn't intentionally criticizing your playing style; I just have no tact. Although I'm not sure what blind people have to do with this . . . Eh. Anyway.

I just make sims how they occur to me. Since I hang out with a fair number of gay or bi people, I have a fair number of gay or bi sims. Like in most areas, my sims are generally reflective of my environment, quirks, and prejudices. My closest friends are all geeks and tech people, I have a disproportionate number of Knowledge sims.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 02, 01:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so I know we're on the same page here, Jordi, you do know that I'm the person who thinks the game should be *less* realistic, right? I wasn't intentionally criticizing your playing style; I just have no tact. Although I'm not sure what blind people have to do with this . . . Eh. Anyway.

I just make sims how they occur to me. Since I hang out with a fair number of gay or bi people, I have a fair number of gay or bi sims. Like in most areas, my sims are generally reflective of my environment, quirks, and prejudices. My closest friends are all geeks and tech people, I have a disproportionate number of Knowledge sims.
I tend to agree with you  I make sims that somewhat reflect my environement and likes and dislikes.for example the only red-haired sims in my game are the Maxis Made characters simply because I dont like red hair.so my Sims reflect that quirk in my personality. if a sim becomes gay through its own autonomous behavior I would  not change the Sim.if my Sim is a Caucasion sim and falls in love with a sim of different heritage I go with it and vice versa ifI have a African American Sim that has chemistry with a sim that is caucasian I go with it as a result my custom hoods tend to be racially and sexually diverse Just like RL. in my current hood Romance sims are disproportianate  to the rest of my neighborhood .I only have 1 fortune sim and 1 knowledge sim currently. I roll dice to choose aspiration. the only aspiration that is selectable I dont really like is fortune. simply because in RL I detest greed, however Fortune sims do need to be in my hodd to keep it more realistic for me. Smiley

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 02, 01:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now see?  There ya go!  If someone doesn't have gays/bis/whatever in their game they're accused of not being diverse, whereas true diversity is an acceptance of all things, including those people who prefer to play straight couples or those who choose to play whatever combos they come up with.  That's one of the things that makes this game so great is that we all have choices in how we play, and there is no 'right' way to do it.  Cheesy

seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 02, 02:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm gay, and now that I think about it I don't actually have any gay Sims.

...that's really weird.  Embarrassed
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 02, 02:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now see?  There ya go!  If someone doesn't have gays/bis/whatever in their game they're accused of not being diverse, whereas true diversity is an acceptance of all things, including those people who prefer to play straight couples or those who choose to play whatever combos they come up with.  That's one of the things that makes this game so great is that we all have choices in how we play, and there is no 'right' way to do it.  Cheesy
for what its worth I dont choose  which  way my sims should go I starthem all out the same way hetero ssexual but I have had sims autonomously become gay or bisexual as I use free will for the most part for my sims. and lef to their own devices sims  do interesting things

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: