More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:55:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hello, which gender are you?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hello, which gender are you?  (Read 5445 times)
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Hello, which gender are you?
« on: 2008 April 21, 04:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasure Sim was working her way through 50 First Dates and asked for a male sim.  A female townie was dropped and I thought, "oh, well, guess I hit the wrong button," and then "she" started talking in the deep male voice--about learning how to walk, of all things.

Is this something I ought to worry about?  I can't reset the townie, as I do not have SimPE (and can't get it, as it is unavailable for Macs.)

PB

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Hello, which gender are you?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 21, 07:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have Fleatime, it might be worth downloading InSim to change that sims sex. Make her/him selectable and (I think, i'm not sure) spawn the personality adjuster. You should be able to change the sex of the sim like that. Freaky stuff in this game.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 21, 15:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is Divine singing, "walk like a man, talk like a man" or something like this.

Am I feeding a troll?
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 21, 19:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, the Professor's no troll.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 21, 19:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a concidence!  Shocked

While I was playing last night, I took one of my playables downtown, two different lots, and I swore I heard a male voice coming out of a female townie, in both lots!  She was actually just chatting with another townie! Freaky!  I just figured it was my imagination as it was late or just another wonderful glitch of FT Huh

I'll have to see if that happens again when I play tonight!  Cheesy

PS  Professorbutters is an awesome storyteller too!
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 21, 19:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently someone had a girl in a legacy, she had all her clothes and furnishings in pink. Anyway, the guy heard an xylophone and when he went to find out what it was, the girl was standing up peeing into the toilet.  Cheesy

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 21, 19:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Simsbaby.  I have InSim but I've never tried doing that.  Maybe I should, though, as evidently the game has "her" flagged as a male.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 21, 20:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, the Professor's no troll.
Plus, I've heard of this happening before.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 23, 00:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I played my game last night and Tiffany Zarubin, one of the dedicated Garden Club Sims, when she talked, it was one of the male voices!
That is very strange as it has never happened to me before Huh  Any idea what it could be?

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 23, 04:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's just the voice, and it's a one-time event, it's just a glitch. That happens on occasion with my sims. There will be two females talking, and I'll hear a male voice, so I'll pause the game and start looking for another sim; nope, no hidden males. And the voices go back to normal.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 29, 02:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasure Sim was working her way through 50 First Dates and asked for a male sim.  A female townie was dropped and I thought, "oh, well, guess I hit the wrong button," and then "she" started talking in the deep male voice--about learning how to walk, of all things.
It'd be funnier if it had still been a "female", like Doctor Girlfriend. But no, I think your game is borked if that happens and it's not just a voice glitch, but the sim actually behaves as a male.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 29, 15:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm afraid something was actually wrong with "Amy."  I summoned her to the lot and her clothes options were male, so "she" was really a he.  She was also an NPC, probably the cop who was spawned when Dorian Kauker was married in, though I do not remember seeing her showing up in a cop function.  I tried "fixing" her to exhibit female behavior, and this resulted in her plumbbob being relocated to her neck. Something was most definitely wrong with Amy.  I would have tried fixing her or deleting her in SimPE, but I have a Mac, so I do not have it.

She was only known to the Pleasure Sim who dated her, so I quietly killed her, spawned a new cop, and hoped for the best.  Since this has only happened once, and since I'm on generation seven of my Legacy, I plan to keep going.  I have backups if I need them, and copies of my critical Sims if I need to recreate.

PB

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: