More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:41:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Missing Default Wedding Dress Restored for Kitchen & Bath (Updated 2008/09/01)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Default Wedding Dress Restored for Kitchen & Bath (Updated 2008/09/01)  (Read 30849 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Missing Default Wedding Dress Restored for Kitchen & Bath (Updated 2008/09/01)
« on: 2008 April 19, 08:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another PHAIL by EAxis. KBID updated Property Sets of all base game clothing to Pets. Base game adult clothes previously unavailable for YAs are now enabled for YAs as well.
However, EAxis made the same kind of mistake as omitting Seasons/FT functions for appliances. The default wedding dress was made buyable in OFB, but they never care about updated features from later EPs, of course.
EAxis should have updated newer Property Set for wedding dress included in OFB. Instead, they updated outdated Property Set included in base game, thus hiding it again from CAS just like in pre-OFB days.

This unlocker restores the missing default wedding dress which was eated by K&B stuff pack. The dress will show up in CAS without debug mode on, and Sims can buy it from shops again.
YAs can wear the default wedding dress as well, and the redundant clone included in Seasons is hidden from CAS and buy mode.

WTF is going on there, repeatedly reverting back to outdated versions of game files? Angry EAxis is doing the same thing with every new EP. Bugs once fixed by patch for previous EP are resurrected in the new EP, because those idiots in EAxis do not possess a single ounce of common sense not to build new features upon outdated, discarded version.

Depending on the combination of EPs/SPs you have, you may still be able to buy default wedding dress even after you install K&B. There are two identical versions for this dress, so the other one may still be activated. But if you have all EPs/SPs up to K&B or IKEA, you won't be able to buy this dress anymore without fix. Only get this fix if you can't find this dress in CAS without turning debug mode on.

Installation:

You can put this fix in your Downloads folder as usual, but please be aware that the delete button
for the wedding dress may be enabled in BodyShop and CAS. You might accidentally delete it.

If you want to disable the delete button completely, put the fix in here:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 <YOUR LATEST EP>\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins
 (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

E.g. if your latest EP is Apartment Life, the location will be like this:
 C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

If this fix does not work in the above location, try here:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

Files are loaded in alphabetical order, the last loaded overriding the ones loaded earlier.

If you want to keep the fix in \Skins folder, DO NOT remove z- prefix from the file name. It's there to ensure that the fix is loaded after Skins.package, overriding original Property Set.
If you want to make a subfolder for your fixes/hiders/unlockers under \Skins folder, name the subfolder as something like z_Fixes, so that files in the subfolder load after Skins.package.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.
 v1.01: Hides the redundant clone of the default wedding dress included in Seasons. (2008/09/01)

* LdDarcy_UnlockedOutfits_WeddingDress_SP7.zip (1.81 KB - downloaded 1397 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 14:42:01 by Lord Darcy » Logged

No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Missing Default Wedding Dress Restored for Kitchen & Bath Stuff Pack
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 19, 09:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks...  Grin  määhhhh
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 19, 09:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 19, 10:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does kitchen crap run from its own executable, or from the FT executable?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maxwell
Asinine Airhead

Lazy INTP Bastard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 19, 10:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an executable for it, but I just run the FT executable since that's what my shortcuts point to. Not to mention the fact that it's nice and SecuROM-free. The game doesn't seem to care that I do this.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 19, 10:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FT executable, but Skin.package file seems to override FT version.

X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 19, 11:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God. Not another one. What is EA thinking?
Oh, wait. They don't.

Or is there some employee or an entire department deliberately
sabotaging the Sims 2 game or something? Shocked
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 19, 11:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added the bathroom stuff the other night.

I patched freetime.

The game started with the updated no cd crack for freetime but also required the bathroom crack before it would boot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 19, 17:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd. I didn't put in a crack for K&B and am running from FreeTime's crack, but had no issues. Of course, I didn't swallow the FT patch.

All-in-all, K&B is big fat phail. Not that many items, and some of the floors are even uglier than their normal. The one stone floor looks like it was made by Buntah.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 19, 18:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FT executable, but Skin.package file seems to override FT version.

Does this mean that, like with the FT patch, those of us that have created custom clothes on the sewing machine need to find a work-around to get it to install?  Or will this stuff pack not insist that FT needs to be reinstalled?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 19, 20:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean that, like with the FT patch, those of us that have created custom clothes on the sewing machine need to find a work-around to get it to install?  Or will this stuff pack not insist that FT needs to be reinstalled?

I've never made custom clothes on the sewing machine, so I may be wrong, but I don't think this SP checks if FT is properly installed/patched or not. My guess is that it checks only for older EP (probably Pets) at the end of the installation.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 19, 21:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find all of this No-cd crack with K&B stuff as odd. I installed K&B, patched my FT and got a patched no-cd for Freetime. I have no need of a K&B no-cd, it all runs fine.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 19, 23:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never made custom clothes on the sewing machine, so I may be wrong, but I don't think this SP checks if FT is properly installed/patched or not. My guess is that it checks only for older EP (probably Pets) at the end of the installation.
I have made a few custom outfits, as part of a sim torture program. Then installed K&B torrent. I forgot to pull my FT crack as well, and everything installed just fine. Custom clothing still appears as before.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 19, 23:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find all of this No-cd crack with K&B stuff as odd. I installed K&B, patched my FT and got a patched no-cd for Freetime. I have no need of a K&B no-cd, it all runs fine.

That is weird. I'll try taking out my crack for bathrooms and see if the game still works. I thought it was odd at the time, seeing as I was running off the FT crack.

I did add the FT patch AFTER adding bathrooms, because I forgot beforehand. I haven't made any custom clothes yet, so don't know how that will work.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 23, 04:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy have you noticed since installing KBID that this outfit from FT is missing:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/oceanblue84/MTS2_HomestarRunner20X6_749941_Span.jpg

Or is it just my game? I tried it in a completely vanilla game and I still can't see it. Could this be another outfit KBID screwed up?

Have you patched FT? FT patch hid it from CAS, along with other FT career outfits. I believe this outfit is from Dance career track.
Career outfits are usually hidden from CAS. I was surprised to find that all those career outfits were available in CAS without debug mode on. FT patch merely restored status quo ante. Not sure if installing KBID has the same effect though.

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 23, 11:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of FT, career outfits are no longer added to family wardrobe, a throwback to the base game days. I made a fix enabling career outfits to be added to family wardrobe again like all pre-FT EPs since Uni. Get it here if you're interested.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 21:17:33 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Missing Default Wedding Dress Restored for Kitchen & Bath (Updated 2008/09/01)
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 01, 14:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-09-01: Updated to v1.01. Hides the redundant clone of the default wedding dress included in Seasons.

Like previous EPs/SPs, the default wedding dress is still disabled for YAs in AL. You need this fix (or similar clothing mods) to enable it for YAs.
If you were already using this fix for K&B, remove the old version from K&B Skins folder, and install the new version under the AL Skins folder.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: