More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:39:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  KBS Ate My Game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KBS Ate My Game  (Read 3879 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
KBS Ate My Game
« on: 2008 April 19, 02:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked up Kitchen and Bath Stuff yesterday and installed it last night. With my downloads pulled and in a test neighborhood, I started checking things out. The moment I sent someone to the mirror to check out the new hair options, the game crashed. Ookay.

Thinking this might be a problem with Numenor's AGS, I uninstalled that. Same thing happened. Change Appearance and the game crashes.

I've tried it with the downloads folder in, the downloads folder out, CEP uninstalled, Sim Wardrobe Wrangler uninstalled, and so on. Nothing seems to work. Change Appearance crashes the game.

As a side note, installing KBS also reset my neighborhoods. Before install, I had Desiderata, Riverblossom, Pleasantview, Strangetown, Custom Hood, Custom Hood, and HP's mixed Maxis Mega Hood. After install, it was back to the basic five, with Veronaville in place even though it had been removed.

Anyone have any clues or guidance about WTF is wrong here? And what to do? I'm loathe to uninstall the SP, but my most important neighborhood is backed-up, so I can do that.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: KBS Ate My Game
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 19, 03:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, AnyGameStarter/BaseGameStarter must be uninstalled before you install any new EP/SP. Uninstalling AGS/BGS after you install the new EP/SP will not work. I learned my lesson with TSS.

I suggest that you uninstall KBS, make sure to remove any remaining trace of AGS from your TS2 folder, move/rename entire TS2 folder to somewhere/something else, and install KBS again to let the game spawn new default hood as usual. After you started the game and make sure you don't experience crash from the mirror, you can restore your hood. I did the same when TSS ate my game.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 19, 04:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a gentleman and a scholar. That seems to have done the trick.

I didn't run into this problem with TSS or with FreeTime. I avoided using AGS until Numenor updated it, but there were no problems with game play or anything until KBS. The only reason I even suspected it was because I was one of the folks who ran into the early problem with AGS where it caused a similar issue. Ah well.

I uninstalled KBS, renamed my Sims2 folder, reinstalled KBS, opened up the game and was able to successfully change someone's look. Now I throw my important neighborhoods in and my downloads and see if it all comes up spiffy.

Thank you!

Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 20, 01:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems you have a handle of things, but I'm just going to throw this out there.

I have Uni/NL/OFB/Seasons/Celebration/BV. When I installed the arr'ed version of KBS, with proper crack and all, first it checked for patches. It decided that Seasons needed a patch, which surprised me, because BV never whined when I installed it the first time, and neither when I patched it later. Once in the game, it reset the game and asked me if I wanted game tips... for BV.

Anyway, everything's surprisingly fine *knock on wood* but why on earth would it want to patch Seasons, three EPs later?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 20, 02:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, everything's surprisingly fine *knock on wood* but why on earth would it want to patch Seasons, three EPs later?

For the same reason KBID fridges do not have features from three EPs before.

SPs check only older EPs for patch, because SPs were always based on the engine several EPs before. Thus no BV functions for Teen computer and stereo even TSS was released after BV, no Chew/Scratch for Celebration dining chair even Celebration SP was released after Pets, and so on. It's just glaringly obvious this time, as the PHAIL was found in the centrepiece of the entire SP.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 20, 06:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed K&B it installed a patch for Pets.  When I ran the game, it offered me Free Time game tips.  I was concerned, but, everything seems to be running okay so far.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 20, 11:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regardless of which EP you patched, the game resets and reactivates game tips for the latest EP you have.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 20, 21:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never noticed that.  Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: