More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:18:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does anyone still have the FT patch?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does anyone still have the FT patch?  (Read 8939 times)
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Does anyone still have the FT patch?
« on: 2008 April 17, 17:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got freetime and should be able to patch without problems, as I havenīt created clothes, obviously. Unfortunately the patch is no longer available and I canīt find the critical fixes for the aspiration confusion. I guess they got taken down, because the patch provides a fix.

Maybe I am just blind and the fix is still here somewhere, but if it isnīt did someone save the patch and is willing to share it with me?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Does anyone still have the FT patch?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 17, 17:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can download it here.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 17, 17:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was fast. Pushing the thanks button now.  Cheesy
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 17, 17:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, TwoJeff's FT aspiration critical fix mod is still available here:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,6.0.html

In the dead pool, since the patch fixes this (but some of us don't have the patch...er...yet...)

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 17, 21:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is patching a good idea though?  I was able to patch despite having created custom outfits because my game folder was marked read only, but ever since I installed the patch I haven't been able to add custom outfit to the sim's wardrobe, and that's no fun.
I don't think the installation trouble was the only reason it was pulled, although I haven't read up on the subject.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 17, 22:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is patching a good idea though?  I was able to patch despite having created custom outfits because my game folder was marked read only, but ever since I installed the patch I haven't been able to add custom outfit to the sim's wardrobe, and that's no fun.
I don't think the installation trouble was the only reason it was pulled, although I haven't read up on the subject.

O_o you shouldn't be able to save custom clothes to your game if you have it as read only at all. It has to be writable for the custom clothes to work.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 17, 23:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never patched when it was available.  Hell I never downloaded any of the BV patches either.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 17, 23:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the patch, and it seems to work for me.

Check this out.

Is this to help us or spy on us?

May all your fears & worries come true.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 17, 23:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the patch, and it seems to work for me.

Check this out.

Problem with the objects.package? I thought it was a problem with a skin.package, unless I read wrong and the clothes write to the objects.package instead. OR is there some other error people are getting?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 18, 01:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it is a separate error that isn't related to the skins.package issue.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 18, 01:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it is a separate error that isn't related to the skins.package issue.

Wow, just one big ball of fail.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 18, 06:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops, and I installed the patch last night after adding the meagre, rather pitiful, bathroom stuff pack.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 18, 06:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O_o you shouldn't be able to save custom clothes to your game if you have it as read only at all. It has to be writable for the custom clothes to work.

That's what I figured, but I do have one custom outfit from pre-patch, when the thing was definitely read-only.  Now, post patch, I can't add custom outfits to the wardrobe, regardles of the writable status of the skins file.
It's not a major issue to me, but it is odd.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 18, 07:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It LOOKS legitimate, so it's probably an attempt to spy. I can't find anything dodgy at all about those instructions, so clearly something fishy is going on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 18, 08:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It LOOKS legitimate, so it's probably an attempt to spy. I can't find anything dodgy at all about those instructions, so clearly something fishy is going on.

Given the size of the objects.package file I can't see how EA could get samples of it to them any other way. The only info they'll get is your IP address. I also note that there is no mention that this is likely to be a long upload and should only be attempted by someone with a fast, always on (broadband) connection. If your're on dial-up, you'll probably still be trying to upload it next week.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 18, 14:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given the size of the objects.package file I can't see how EA could get samples of it to them any other way.
Like I said, it LOOKS entirely legitimate. Which, as we all know, means it is the perfect cover for anything dodgy. I am therefore convinced it is something dodgy. However, I obviously have no proof of this. You won't see ME doing anything like that, though. Besides, the patch worked fine for me, so whatever triggers it is not anything *I* did. Plus I lock my objects.package.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: