More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:41:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)  (Read 108702 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - Missing Seasons/FT Functions Enabled
« Reply #50 on: 2008 April 19, 19:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I discovered this when all my clothing unlockers for base game clothing stopped working after installing KBID.

Wait, it busts ALL base-game clothing unlockers?  Oh gawd.  What has to be done to the files to repair this?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 April 19, 21:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I discovered this when all my clothing unlockers for base game clothing stopped working after installing KBID.

Wait, it busts ALL base-game clothing unlockers?  Oh gawd.  What has to be done to the files to repair this?

Moving existing unlockers to the new location will do. No need to alter the unlocker file itself.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins

I moved all my unlockers to the above location. Unlockers for other EPs/SPs still work in the new location.
I made a subfolder for the unlockers, and made sure they load after Skins.package by naming subfolder as "Unlockers".

brilliantcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 April 19, 22:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear my game would be unplayable without you smart-types to fix it for me.  I wholeheartedly agree with your rant btw.  I feel an urge to baaa now.
kidede
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 April 22, 21:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed new k&b stuff and discovered as everyone has that appliances not working with proper functions. I installed the fix from Lord Darcy[thank you] and proceeded to play only to find I still have none of the functions working[no tinkering,repairs,etc.] The fridge/leftover function does work but now the clean up bot leaves plates everywhere and there are no actions to pick them up. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks,kidede.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 April 23, 02:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the fix from Lord Darcy[thank you] and proceeded to play only to find I still have none of the functions working[no tinkering,repairs,etc.] The fridge/leftover function does work but now the clean up bot leaves plates everywhere and there are no actions to pick them up.

Are you sure you chose the correct version for your game? SNS version only enables Get Leftovers/Stock/Compost, while FT version enables Serve Platters/Tinker in addition to SNS functions. If you have FT but installed SNS version fix, you'll get Leftovers but not Tinker.

"Clean up" function doesn't come up on plates? But this mod doesn't alter anything about plate itself. Did you try it in hack-free vanilla game?

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 April 23, 07:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is working out great for me, so thank you lots.
I was wondering if I could throw out a request to you since you're on a roll with fixing these types of things.
Have you noticed that, most ridiculously, the male handkerchief hair with the ponytail actually becomes the buzz-cut (army-style) when the sims are in undies/pjs/formal etc...
The worst part about that is that the Sims has a perfectly fine ponytail that could have been used that would have made so much more sense. It's just so....ridiculous that they wouldn't have tied it to something else...I don't know many people who wear long, fake ponytail's under their handkerchiefs.  Roll Eyes
I have no idea where to even begin with redirecting those to a more suitable mesh, so if you're in any sort of mood to add that into these mods, it would be very much appreciated.
Otherwise, if someone wants to shout over some info on how to go about it, I can give it a shot (in the dark, mind you). Smiley
Thanks again for this.
Annerinas
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 April 23, 08:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have seasons, you can choose different hairstyles for different types of outfits. I presume this feature carried over to later expansions..?

Unless you're complaining about the mesh itself, then feel free to ignore me.
kidede
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 April 23, 08:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I installed Freetime function as that is my most recent ep. Clean up seemed to work before that. Perhaps I will try with some hacks disabled to try and fix problem. Would appreciate any other helpful suggestions. Thanks.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 April 23, 09:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is working out great for me, so thank you lots.
I was wondering if I could throw out a request to you since you're on a roll with fixing these types of things.
Have you noticed that, most ridiculously, the male handkerchief hair with the ponytail actually becomes the buzz-cut (army-style) when the sims are in undies/pjs/formal etc...
The worst part about that is that the Sims has a perfectly fine ponytail that could have been used that would have made so much more sense. It's just so....ridiculous that they wouldn't have tied it to something else...I don't know many people who wear long, fake ponytail's under their handkerchiefs.  Roll Eyes
I have no idea where to even begin with redirecting those to a more suitable mesh, so if you're in any sort of mood to add that into these mods, it would be very much appreciated.
Otherwise, if someone wants to shout over some info on how to go about it, I can give it a shot (in the dark, mind you). Smiley
Thanks again for this.

heh, did you notice that the female towel hair can be worn with outerwear  Roll Eyes

I second this request, please fix all the new hair. I'd be perfectly happy to have it all available no matter what a sim is wearing (even if pregnant) ...well except maybe the towel hair  Roll Eyes 

some of the category choices just make no sense to me and I would truly rather have them available in every category rather then not having them in the category I want.  Theres plenty of times (in my past) that I walked around the house with my hair done and makeup on while still in my pjs.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 April 23, 18:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, I'd rather see the handkerchief in the shower rather than seeing his hair get buzzed off every time, lol.
I didn't notice the towel hair that you mentioned, Sleepycat, but I need not see it to believe it. Wink
I am so lost as to the logic of the choices.  It's hard to even imagine someone saying, "okay, the buzz-cut seems to be fitting"....So, perhaps this was a complete oversight?
I dunno, I am oh so confused. Roll Eyes
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 April 23, 21:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like the QC on this one is even worse than usual.  This bodes ill for the fabled apartments EP.  ><

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 April 24, 07:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Annan and Maxwell - that's so much better - I can't believe EAMaxis thought people would actually like that hairstyle with the bangs in the face.  I love that hairstyle, but, not with the bangs in the face.  You both making the bangs shorter and not in the face makes the hair so much better.
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 April 28, 06:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my Sims keep throwing errors at me, but I have no clue what action is causing them, as they seem to be just standing there, or even just greeting someone, or various other seemingly-unrelated actions. The first thing the error logs say on most of them is 'Interaction - Tinker - TEST' and related to a kbs object. (I attached one). Is it possible this mod is doing this? Is there somewhere I can get a crash course on reading an error log to at least narrow down the cause? Sorry if I'm completely off-base. I just can't find a common denominator to these errors. Even trying to repeat the aborted action doen't replicate the problem reliably.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2008 April 28, 12:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Object id: 380
name: F001_User00004 - Pauline
Stack size: 11
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 1
  Frame 10:
    Stack Object id: 8
    Stack Object name: Shower - Cheap
    Node: 5
    Tree: id 8326 name 'Interaction - Tinker - TEST' version -32756
    from TubAndShowerGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 0    Locals:

Looks like KBS shower isn't present in this lot. If this error is indeed related to the KBS shower, the object name should be Shower - Stylish, not Shower - Cheap, which means base game cheap shower (or custom showers cloned from it).   Do you still get this error in the hack-free game except this mod? In all lots, or only in some lots?

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 April 28, 14:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Object id: 380
name: F001_User00004 - Pauline
Stack size: 11
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 1
  Frame 10:
    Stack Object id: 8
    Stack Object name: Shower - Cheap
    Node: 5
    Tree: id 8326 name 'Interaction - Tinker - TEST' version -32756
    from TubAndShowerGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 0    Locals:

Looks like KBS shower isn't present in this lot. If this error is indeed related to the KBS shower, the object name should be Shower - Stylish, not Shower - Cheap, which means base game cheap shower (or custom showers cloned from it).   Do you still get this error in the hack-free game except this mod? In all lots, or only in some lots?

I had something similar happen with a CS shower.
Hover over the shower would be enough to make the sim error. Its caused by an older Repair/ Explore or somethingelse BHAV i am not sure how she was named before FT. She got replaced with the Tinker BHAV. You may be not aware you hover over here (she may be covered by a wall)but you get the error.
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 April 28, 22:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see. Sorry. That was one of 10 or more error logs from that lot I randomly picked. I was using K&B kitchen stuff, but it seems to be the tinker interaction locking up the game. When I hover over anything that sims can theoretically tinker with, the sim errors. I suppose since it's not strictly K&B related, it's not this mod. I will have to strip the game of hacks to find out.
On a side note, when my male sim was in the shower and errored, he appeared naked beside the shower, look down at himself, nodded approvingly, then got dressed again. A highly amusing action, which makes me wonder what exactly Eaxis was programing in there.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 April 29, 12:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has nothing to do with hacks its related to every custom object that sims can theoretically tinker with, but they are not properly updated.
Its a wrong BHAV called from the Objects Pie Menue who makes the Sim Error.
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 April 29, 13:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not that. I wasn't using custom objects at all. Playing without any hacks installed the game was fine. Same for FFS hacks. I'm adding stuff back in slowly (anyone else's game take 30 mins. to load?). I'm pretty sure this hack wasn't the cause, though, so sorry for bothering you and thanks anyway.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 May 18, 00:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to be redundant, but thanks for the fix! This is great.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)
« Reply #69 on: 2008 July 10, 16:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-07-10: Added a new version for FreeTime 2nd patch or later. Fixed the wrong pie menu text of Romantic Dishwasher in non-English games. More detail in the first post.

HeartOfTexas
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)
« Reply #70 on: 2012 August 20, 15:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

8-20-2012

Okay, I realize that I'm probably the only one still playing the Sims 2, but I have something to add to this conversation.

Yesterday I fired up my game and several objects were missing. The most expensive refrigerator, romantic stove, footed stove, romantic dishwasher and a round mirror, just to name a few. In the houses that they were placed in, the object was not visible, but the space was occupied.

I could not highlight or delete the invisible items because they technically weren't there. The sledgehammer would sometimes delete the item, but sometimes it wouldn't. There was no set pattern on what it would delete and what it wouldn't.

The items came from Kitchens & Bath Interior Design. Also missing from this game were all hair that came with this particular game, all clothes that came with this particular game, cabinets, bathroom tiles and flooring, besides the other stuff mentioned. Flooring and paint were easily re-covered over since you don't have to delete the previous object before re-painting or re-flooring.

This morning I decided to re-load the entire game series, starting with the original Sims 2 disks. But when I got to Kitchens & Bath Interior Design, when I got into the game, the items were completely missing, as in, in the display panel, "No Pic" was displayed instead of the picture of the item. When I selected the "item", because the game would still let me, the items were still invisible but would still take up space.

All of these items coincidentally, are the ones you made the patch for. I did not install your patch...yet. If I decide to load your patch, I will let you know if it brought back these items.

I made no changes or updates to my PC from the time I played it and everything worked/was there, until the time I played it and stuff was missing.

If anyone is still playing the Sims 2, you might want to consider deleting these items before they disappear and you have a "blank space" that you cannot move another item into.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2012 August 22, 17:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

8-20-2012

Okay, I realize that I'm probably the only one still playing the Sims 2, but I have something to add to this conversation.

Yesterday I fired up my game and several objects were missing. The most expensive refrigerator, romantic stove, footed stove, romantic dishwasher and a round mirror, just to name a few. In the houses that they were placed in, the object was not visible, but the space was occupied.

I could not highlight or delete the invisible items because they technically weren't there. The sledgehammer would sometimes delete the item, but sometimes it wouldn't. There was no set pattern on what it would delete and what it wouldn't.

The items came from Kitchens & Bath Interior Design. Also missing from this game were all hair that came with this particular game, all clothes that came with this particular game, cabinets, bathroom tiles and flooring, besides the other stuff mentioned. Flooring and paint were easily re-covered over since you don't have to delete the previous object before re-painting or re-flooring.

This morning I decided to re-load the entire game series, starting with the original Sims 2 disks. But when I got to Kitchens & Bath Interior Design, when I got into the game, the items were completely missing, as in, in the display panel, "No Pic" was displayed instead of the picture of the item. When I selected the "item", because the game would still let me, the items were still invisible but would still take up space.

All of these items coincidentally, are the ones you made the patch for. I did not install your patch...yet. If I decide to load your patch, I will let you know if it brought back these items.

I made no changes or updates to my PC from the time I played it and everything worked/was there, until the time I played it and stuff was missing.

If anyone is still playing the Sims 2, you might want to consider deleting these items before they disappear and you have a "blank space" that you cannot move another item into.

1. This isn't something that'll be fixed by installing LordDarcy's fix. I don't know why you'd think so, as described in the first post her fixes only add later EP features to some of the objects that EA, in their infinite wisdom, left out.

2. Sounds like your K&B installation got corrupted, or your game was just having a bad day. Have you tried deleting your cache files and starting the game again, to make sure this is a permanent issue and not just a one time thing? If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling K&B.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: