More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:48:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)  (Read 108684 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - Missing Seasons/FT Functions Enabled
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 17, 14:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually i dont think its laziness on EA behalf i just think its cos they know there are so many problems with FT/BV/Seasons that noone has it installed  Grin Wink Roll Eyes so therefore they dont have to make kitchen stuff compatible with thoses games LOL
Uh, no. Think about that for a minute, will you? Let's say you aren't a completionist. Let's say you got NL and OFB, skipped Pets and Seasons, then got BV. Guess what? The items from BV still have pets options (scratching, chewing) and Seasons options (leftovers, struck by lightning) available to them, even if you wait until 2049 to get Pets or Seasons.

There also were not any real significant problems with Seasons. BV, the only major problem was the NPC spawning, which was fixed by a hack and then by their patch. FT...is still kinda borked.  Oh, there's SecuROM...but Kitchen & Bath has SecuROM as well. EAxis doesn't listen to their customers, don't you know?

Conclusion: You are a dumbass. Borrow a couple of brain cells, and reacquaint yourself with your SHIFT key.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 17, 16:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Conclusion: You are a dumbass. Borrow a couple of brain cells, and reacquaint yourself with your SHIFT key.
... and punctuation, and the correct spelling of "because" and "no one."  The SHIFT key would be a start, though.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 17, 23:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much Lord Darcy - You're just so awesome - Thank you for all the fixes you've been doing - basically cleaning up EA/Maxis messes.  I don't know what we'd do if you weren't here to fix things.  I guess I wouldn't play the game.  Like you say, they're  being lazy and they could take the time to make sure things are right.  Or provide a patch.  Oh well - we have modders like you to fix up what they should be doing.  I think they should hire you.
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 18, 06:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LD don't you get a headache for fixing EA's screw ups?

Anyway Thank you for fixing this issue so fast.  Grin

And as for EA my money is save in my pocket to spend it on stuff
with more quality. Wink Grin
It is suprises me that I'm no longer suprised to see these errors in the sims 2 game.

Maxwell
Asinine Airhead

Lazy INTP Bastard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 18, 08:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I alpha-edited the bangs to NOT be in the sim's eyes, which made a huge improvement. I'd upload it, only it comes linked with the usual straight-parted in the middle hair, and I haven't bothered to try to un-tangle that.

Would you consider just uploading the alpha image, then?  Smiley

Sure! Here you go.

I've fiddled around in SimPE and managed to apply Annan's alpha file to the five original textures. 7Zip archives are attached below, split into two parts only because the five textures together in one file is 45kB over the damn filesize limit for this forum. Angry My package just overrides the original textures for these hairstyles, so if you drop the package somewhere in your Downloads folder, all Sims who have this hairstyle will now not have their faces covered by hideous bangs.

Feel free to distribute these files as you wish, as long as credit is given to Annan for creating the alpha replacement in the first place.

* afhairshortheadband_bangsfix_adult.7z (539.54 KB - downloaded 781 times.)
Maxwell
Asinine Airhead

Lazy INTP Bastard

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 18, 08:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the elder file... damn size limit! If only I weren't too lazy to find proper hosting....

* afhairshortheadband_bangsfix_elder.7z (145.89 KB - downloaded 738 times.)
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 18, 09:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, awesome! This is pretty much what I hoped would happen - SimPE untangling is not my forte. Tongue

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 18, 11:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've fiddled around in SimPE and managed to apply Annan's alpha file to the five original textures. 7Zip archives are attached below, split into two parts only because the five textures together in one file is 45kB over the damn filesize limit for this forum. Angry My package just overrides the original textures for these hairstyles, so if you drop the package somewhere in your Downloads folder, all Sims who have this hairstyle will now not have their faces covered by hideous bangs.

Feel free to distribute these files as you wish, as long as credit is given to Annan for creating the alpha replacement in the first place.
Oh, awesome! This is pretty much what I hoped would happen - SimPE untangling is not my forte. Tongue

Spiffiness!  Beat me to the punch.  XD

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 18, 12:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a picture of the alpha-edited hair please?

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 18, 12:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coming right up! (Screenshotting, brb)

ETA: Damn, I saw I was beat to it. Here is the pic anyway:

« Last Edit: 2008 April 18, 12:54:30 by Annan » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 18, 12:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent! Yay!

*Emma waits for Annan

Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 18, 12:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a picture of the alpha-edited hair please?

Here's one. It looks a ton better! Thanks, Annan and Maxwell.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 18, 12:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that looks great, much better! Thanks Annan, Maxwell and Clara Grin

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 18, 13:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking at the two screenshots, and I'm trying to figure out why Annan's is so much more attractive.  It's the eyes, isn't it?  I've never bothered with custom eyes, but if that's what's going on here, it's a convincing argument for them.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 18, 13:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking at the two screenshots, and I'm trying to figure out why Annan's is so much more attractive.  It's the eyes, isn't it?  I've never bothered with custom eyes, but if that's what's going on here, it's a convincing argument for them.

- Gus

Mine are actually custom too, but oepu's Maxis matching custom eyes. They themselves look a billion times better than the original ones although it's not as noticeable with the darker colours. I am a sucker for Maxis-like stuff; realistic sclera on Sims freaks me out. Look out, it's the uncanny valley!  Shocked
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 18, 14:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Barcelonista eyes, Paradisesims replacement skins (I don't know if they're still up though, I heard she was taking them down), and the lips are called "Ephemera Nature lip set" from MTS2, but I don't think I've ever managed to find them through a search to link, I've just been lucky to find them.

Also, sims always look better when they're not in CAS. Tongue

Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 18, 14:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's amazing what facial expressions and camera angles will do. Sometimes in CAS closeups (like when picking hair) my Sims always smile and sometimes they always have a neutral expression. In that screen she's obviously neutral but I booted up the game again just now and every single CAS Sim is smiling. Does anyone know what affects that? Am I just crazy? I don't want to be crazy!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 18, 14:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you delete stuff like hair or makeup (which you can't do now because EAxis broke it) the sim smiles like an idiot. To fix it I either press on 1 (the naming, gender, skintone etc bit) or 5 (clothing) on the CAS buttons then go back to the selection screen I was on.

No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 18, 18:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thx again for patching my game.

Can someone reactivate this wedding dress? Think itīs lost in K&B.  Huh In the Cheating part, "N" in last name, it works as normal.
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot7514dbc41514dbckn1.jpg

Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 18, 20:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the old default wedding dress from before whichever EP allowed normal custom formalwear to be used for weddings (OFB?), and shouldn't be showing up in your wardrobe anyway, as far as I know. Did you have a hack to enable it in the first place?
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 18, 22:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Barcelonista eyes, Paradisesims replacement skins (I don't know if they're still up though, I heard she was taking them down), and the lips are called "Ephemera Nature lip set" from MTS2, but I don't think I've ever managed to find them through a search to link, I've just been lucky to find them.

Also, sims always look better when they're not in CAS. Tongue
MTS2 is down for maintenance right now so I can't link to his profile, but I know Ephemera has Teru K, or possibly Teru_K, as his screenname there. I don't know why he doesn't rename his files to match it though.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 April 19, 06:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the old default wedding dress from before whichever EP allowed normal custom formalwear to be used for weddings (OFB?), and shouldn't be showing up in your wardrobe anyway, as far as I know. Did you have a hack to enable it in the first place?

No, but it became buyable as from OFB (I think?) once the formalwear was enabled to be used for weddings. I don't think it shows up in Bodyshop-I'll just check.

[edit] Nope, it's gone. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 April 19, 07:00:41 by Emma » Logged

Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2008 April 19, 07:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but it became buyable as from OFB (I think?) once the formalwear was enabled to be used for weddings. I don't think it shows up in Bodyshop-I'll just check.

[edit] Nope, it's gone. Roll Eyes

This is yet another typical PHAIL by EAxis. As KBID stuff is based on Pets engine, Property Sets of all base game clothing are now updated to Pets as well. (Bodyshop version 4) Instead of updating newer Property Set of wedding dress included in OFB, they updated unused version included in the base game. The hide flag in the base game version is now back to the wedding dress, so it's hidden in CAS and Bodyshop just like back in pre-OFB days. I discovered this when all my clothing unlockers for base game clothing stopped working after installing KBID.

Made a quick fix. Will post it soon. Fix is now here.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 19, 08:24:12 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 April 19, 07:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Emma waves her 'LD Rocks' flag

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 April 19, 12:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LD, you really need your own section here, so lazy non-awesome types like me can find your fixes all in the one spot.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: