More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:14:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)  (Read 108691 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - SNS/FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2008/07/10)
« on: 2008 April 16, 21:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New fridges, appliances and plumbing fixtures in Kitchen & Bath Stuff Pack are missing functions added after Seasons. Official stuff pack objects working no better than some outdated custom objects, how lovely. They're based on Pets version, so none of Seasons functions (Get Leftovers/Stock/Compost) and FT functions (Serve Platter/Tinker) are working.

This mod will enable all missing Seasons and FT functions for KBID objects.
Only needed for Seasons or later EPs. Not needed for Pets or older EPs. At least Sims can bathe dogs in the new clawfeet bathtub. (And thank God for that, updating pre-Pets bathtub would have been a nightmare.)

There are 3 versions of this fix. ONLY choose one of them, depending on your latest EP and patch.
If you use FT version when your latest EP is either Seasons or BV, the game will throw an error whenever you mouse-hover on the K&B Trash Compactor.

• zLdDarcy_SP7KBIDObjectsFix_FTp2.package: Your latest EP is FreeTime, and have applied the 2nd patch or later
  • LdDarcy_SP7KBIDObjectsFix_FT.package: Your latest EP is FreeTime, but have NOT applied the 2nd patch or later
  • LdDarcy_SP7KBIDObjectsFix_SNS.package: Your latest EP is either Seasons or Bon Voyage

List of objects fixed by this mod:

• Solid Sense Fridge by Romantic Notions (Fridge - Romantic) : Get Leftovers/Stock (SNS), Serve Platter (FT)
  • The Coldinator by Kitchensations (Fridge - Stylish) : Get Leftovers/Stock (SNS), Serve Platter (FT)
  • Garbage Ninja by Kitchensations (Trash Compactor Stylish) : Compost Contents (SNS), Tinker (FT)
  • Big and Brown Dishwasher by Romantic Notions (Dishwasher - Romantic) : Tinker (FT)
  • SuperJet Corner Shower by Sleek Sensations (Shower - Stylish) : Tinker (FT)
  • You Got Feets Bathtub (Tub - Romantic) : Tinker (FT)

I also updated some of codes for KBID Coffee Maker, 2 Toilets and Microwave, just in case.
Some bits about PlantSim toddlers and temperature were missing.

Seems that EAxis is almost expecting for modding community to clean up their mess. Base game compatibility my arse. How could it be THAT difficult to check the latest EP upon installation? Or to provide a simple patch on the official website, so that later EP owners can enjoy new functions? If an average player like me can make a quick fix with third party tool just in one day, then bunch of PAID professional programmers can damn well find a workaround, if they only care. This is just pure laziness.
/rant over

2008-07-10: v1.01 - Added a new version for FreeTime 2nd patch or later. Fixed the wrong pie menu text of Romantic Dishwasher in non-English games.

The second and third FT patch updated most of K&B objects to FT, but EAxis as usual did a poor job, fucking up pie menu text of Romantic Dishwasher in all non-English games. "Get Out of The Way" will come up instead of the appropriate equivalent of "Tinker".
Also, the patch didn't update some missing codes in K&B Coffee Maker, Toilets and Tub, which may or may not affect the gameplay in a subtle way. It's possible those missing bits are never used in game anyway.

If you're playing game in English and do not mind those missing codes, you can remove my fix. But if you'd rather get missing codes just in case, or if you're playing non-English game, get the new version for FT second patch. (Don't forget to remove the old version.) The installation location was changed, please read the instruction carefully.

This fix was rolled into Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life in Apartment Life. Remove it, and get the new AL fix.

Installation:

FreeTime (Unpatched or Patch 1) and Seasons version

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
  (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

FreeTime Patch 2 version

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Overrides
  (or the corresponding folder on your system if your game isn't installed in C:\Program Files)

DO NOT remove z- prefix in the filename. It is for ensuring that the fix is loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial Release.
 v1.01: Added a new version for FreeTime 2nd patch or later. (2008/07/10)
           Fixed the wrong pie menu text of Romantic Dishwasher in non-English games.

* LdDarcy_SP7KBIDObjectsFix_FT.zip (18.69 KB - downloaded 1078 times.)
* LdDarcy_SP7KBIDObjectsFix_FTp2.zip (4.43 KB - downloaded 1375 times.)
* LdDarcy_SP7KBIDObjectsFix_SNS.zip (10.54 KB - downloaded 1051 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 10, 10:31:38 by Lord Darcy » Logged

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - Missing Seasons/FT Functions Enabled
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 16, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for fixing this. Stupid EA.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 16, 21:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is truly pathetic. I can almost understand it when SPs miss the last EP's updates, but updates from a year-old EP? Good grief. Thank you for the fix.

Also, where did you get the female Sim's hair?
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 16, 21:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair comes with Kitchen and Bath.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 16, 21:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're so awesome. You manage to fix what I haven't even installed yet.

Jelenedra baaaaahs

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 16, 21:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. You know, I had the feeling that would be the case.

*pokes muTorrent1 in a vain attempt to hurry it up*

1 The logo is clearly a mu. I refuse to call it 'uTorrent' on principle.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 16, 22:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are such dumbasses. Thank you Lord Darcy. And curse you, Lord Darcy, for showing that the EP has new hair. Must satisfy hairstyle fetish now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 16, 22:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Four new hairs, actually.  Cheesy

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 16, 22:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

baaaaaaaaaa   

Seriously you rock.  I guess I should have expected as much from EA but I was really expecting them to learn from past Stuff pack failures.   
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 16, 23:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are such dumbasses. Thank you Lord Darcy. And curse you, Lord Darcy, for showing that the EP has new hair. Must satisfy hairstyle fetish now.

That particular hairstyle counts as a mark against the SP to me.  What is this fascination people have with hair that falls right in the Sim's eyes?  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 17, 01:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my 'hoods is having a bout of ugly genes. Luckily, it's just the eyes, but they all the women look a bit...off...because of it. The men still look great, as the one who has little eyes also has kind of a sad, downturned mouth and it all works for him. I need more hairs that camouflage a bit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 17, 01:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn. Must take moar anti-stupid medicine. Am waiting for this SP to arrive Friday (Stupid UK and different release dates).

If I was ever in any doubt about whether EA deserves actualy money for its crap, then the last vestiges have gone.

And how typical that the community has the fixes, which in all probability EA will never even acknowledge were necessary.

Oh yeah ... <pauses to test speakers are working> Thanks, this was great. Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 17, 04:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Impressive.  I only checked to see if the fridge leftovers were borked.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 17, 04:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular hairstyle counts as a mark against the SP to me.  What is this fascination people have with hair that falls right in the Sim's eyes?  :p
I'm more pissed off by that it's only for adults and old people. I could way more easily see a teenager or a kid with their hair like that.

Thanks LD. Rocks my socks.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 17, 08:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks LD. I haven't even got the SP yet, but it doesn't surprise me that they haven't made it compatible with earlier EPs. EAxis are total shit and should rot in the deepest pit of hell. They are so confident that modders would provide fixes for their inferior products, so they release untested with all EP&SP configs. Bastards.

*Emma presses the 'baa' button for LD

[edit to speculate] I wonder if they will release a patch to fix this SP before or after the FT patch? Undecided

Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 17, 08:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very awesome, very quick. Thank you!

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 17, 09:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually i dont think its laziness on EA behalf i just think its cos they know there are so many problems with FT/BV/Seasons that noone has it installed  Grin Wink Roll Eyes so therefore they dont have to make kitchen stuff compatible with thoses games LOL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 17, 09:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually i dont think its laziness on EA behalf i just think its cos they know there are so many problems with FT/BV/Seasons that noone has it installed  Grin Wink Roll Eyes so therefore they dont have to make kitchen stuff compatible with thoses games LOL

That's just stupid. Don't make excuses for them. They suck.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 17, 10:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I alpha-edited the bangs to NOT be in the sim's eyes, which made a huge improvement. I'd upload it, only it comes linked with the usual straight-parted in the middle hair, and I haven't bothered to try to un-tangle that.

rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 17, 10:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah get a sense of humor for goodness sake i wasnt making excuses for them
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 17, 11:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I alpha-edited the bangs to NOT be in the sim's eyes, which made a huge improvement. I'd upload it, only it comes linked with the usual straight-parted in the middle hair, and I haven't bothered to try to un-tangle that.

Would you consider just uploading the alpha image, then?  :)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 17, 11:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah get a sense of humor for goodness sake i wasnt making excuses for them

*Coughs*

Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 17, 11:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[edit to speculate] I wonder if they will release a patch to fix this SP before or after the FT patch? Undecided

I don't think EAxis will release a standalone patch for the stuff pack itself. EAxis never released a standalone patch for Teen Style Stuff either, ignoring similar issue with outdated Teen computer and stereo missing BV functions. They included updates only in FreeTime, completely disregarding BV players without FT. (If you want fixes for past EPs, go buy new EP!) Not to mention that those updates were such in poor quality that I had to make yet another fix for those "updates".

Probably they'll include the fix for KBID objects only in the next Apartments L&P, only to botch it royally like that b0rked GLS dining chair disabled for humans in FreeTime.

The PHAIL is more noticeable this time though, even BBS Sheeples are complaining. For once, EAxis may release a patch before they release the next IKEA L&P.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 17, 11:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you consider just uploading the alpha image, then?  Smiley

Sure! Here you go.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 17, 13:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The PHAIL is more noticeable this time though, even BBS Sheeples are complaining. For once, EAxis may release a patch before they release the next IKEA L&P.

Yeah-if even the sheep are complaining then EAxis usually take notice and do something about it. Usually breaking other stuff in the process though. Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: