More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:05:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Party Invitation Bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Party Invitation Bug  (Read 4470 times)
Forrest_Roberts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Party Invitation Bug
« on: 2008 April 16, 03:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone else has exhibited this. Basically what is happening with me is that whenever I throw a party, regardless of what kind or how many sims live in the house, I can only invite two people. It's become very frustrating.

Also, I've got some graphical problems. Whenever a dog or a person digs a whole, the ground becomes see-through. I can see through the ground. Also, I've had some erros with swimming pools. For example, the corners still have ground covering them.

Thanks to anyone for taking the time to read this.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Party Invitation Bug
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 16, 03:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone else has exhibited this. Basically what is happening with me is that whenever I throw a party, regardless of what kind or how many sims live in the house, I can only invite two people. It's become very frustrating.

Your game likely believes your computer can not handle more sims on a lot.
Put the following lines into your userstartup.cheat file:

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
uintProp   maxTotalSims 50
uintProp   maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp   maxTotalPets 15

You can change the numbers to anything, only the pets and humans should add up to the maxTotalsims number.  If you allow too many sims, your game may slow down though, depending on your computer specs.

Also, I've got some graphical problems. Whenever a dog or a person digs a whole, the ground becomes see-through. I can see through the ground. Also, I've had some errors with swimming pools. For example, the corners still have ground covering them.

Video card drivers needed?  How much RAM do you have?  Additionally, I believe others have reported issues with the curved corners for swimming pools.  I know they did not work properly in my game either (have not tried using them since loading FT though).

Tribulatio proxima est
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 16, 04:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your game likely believes your computer can not handle more sims on a lot.
Put the following lines into your userstartup.cheat file:

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8

You only need to add this one to change the number of sims that you can invite to a party. The uintprop maxTotalwhatever lines change the number of sims that you can have on one lot via merging families from the hood screen.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 16, 11:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had issues with the ground covering swimming pools when I used those curved corners. Deleting the corners and then replacing them seemed to permenantly solve the problem.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 17, 20:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I've had some erros with swimming pools. For example, the corners still have ground covering them.

You mean like this?:

Mine was caused by a config file at MTS2. Fully functioning basements. Pick one, either the pool corners or the basements, I really wish someone would find a way around that. I made some neat basements with that.

Edit: fixed link, don't mind me, I'm confusing the codes of a few different places.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 17, 22:35:51 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 17, 22:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that is the same mod I think it is (I could be completely wrong, the link wouldn't work for me), then it is a very simple tweak to a config file, which probably got overwritten by the new walls file with the EP. I'm guessing it's similar to the problem with the custom stairs, and if you move the changes further down the list so there isn't a conflict with the new pool wall it could solve the problem.

You could also just use the move_objects on cheat. That should do most of what you want, and I think you can use it to place windows and such.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 17, 22:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that is the same mod I think it is (I could be completely wrong, the link wouldn't work for me), then it is a very simple tweak to a config file, which probably got overwritten by the new walls file with the EP. I'm guessing it's similar to the problem with the custom stairs, and if you move the changes further down the list so there isn't a conflict with the new pool wall it could solve the problem.

You could also just use the move_objects on cheat. That should do most of what you want, and I think you can use it to place windows and such.

I will have to test it out. I keep thinking that there should be a solution. As for the functionality. I have Numenor's custom walls for placing windows and such. What I used to do was make a kind of secret garden under the house with a drain on the bottom of the raised basement and water from the water tool going "through" the drain. I made some pretty cute setups that way.
The (now fixed) link shows the water tool use with it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 17, 23:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: figured out the link screwiness thing.

In any case, I took a look at the file, and I think I was right. Normally when you paste the text files into the right place in the walls.txt, you past something like this:

# *custom foundation wall for basements*
wall 93
defaultPattern "foundationbrick"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop true
submersible true
deleteTool levelRoom
notInCatalog

However, the following EP added a new kind of wall/foundation, so the slot for "wall 93" is now being used by both the CC mand the new EA wall. Simply change the wall number 93 to something else, like 120 or whatever--just so long as it isn't a wall number anywhere else in walls.txt

You can use this technique as well to fix other broken custom stairs/foundations/walls that get screwed up by an EP.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 18, 00:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DOH! I should have gotten around to comparing the files. I thought the wall config was more complicated then that, I somehow had it in my head that the foundation walls effected the pool by some setting and never bothered. Gah and I've fixed custom stairs before.  Embarrassed
I bow to the Ellatrue! Now, off to fix things.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: