More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:45:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Anything you can do... Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anything you can do... Challenge  (Read 6478 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Anything you can do... Challenge
« on: 2008 April 15, 05:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first shot at a challenge, so I'm sure there's flaws. Inspired by the evil twin challenge. Haven't playtested it per se, so let me know if it's way too easy

Phase zero: creation
Create one adult and two toddlers in CAS. One twin, the "good" twin, must have at least six nice and neat points; the other, the "evil" twin, must have three or fewer nice and neat points. Move them into a house or lot or what have you.

Phase one: A Rough Start
As a toddler, the good twin must be noticably favored. The bad twin gets a rough deal from day one!
-10 for every toddler skill the good twin fails to learn
-10 for every todder skill the evil twin learns
-10 for every skill point the evil twin gets as a toddler
-5 every time the good twin passes out on the floor, wets itself, or gets a notice that it is starving
-15 if the evil twin does not do at least one of the above during their toddler time
-50 if the evil twin grows up well
-50 if the good twin grows up badly

Phase two: oh yeah? Prove it!
As a child, the evil twin, having been neglected and left to get a bad start in life by its parent, must catch up to its twin.
-50 if, on growing from child to teen or teen to YA/Adult, either twin has more skill points than the other
-10 for each skill not maxed by the time the teen transitions to YA/Adult
Automatic fail if the evil twin uses any method used by the good twin to gain a skill point. For example, if the good twin uses the bookshelf to gain cooking, the evil twin must use the television or learn through doing. If the good twin then gains a skill point by cooking, the evil twin is restricted to only the television.
+10 for each childish prank the child pulls - this can be anything from joy buzzers to dying the cat's fur green. Max of 50 points
-10 for every time the evil twin does their own homework
-50 if either twin fails to get an A+ by the time they transition

Phase three: heartbreaker
Once the evil twin hits teen (or YA if you don't have a teen woohoo mod), having maxed out or almost maxed out their skills, it's time to move on to a whole new set of skills
-50 if the good twin is ever caught cheating
-10 if the good twin never goes steady
+10 for each location in which the evil twin cheats on someone they are going steady with (max of 50 points)
-10 for each time the evil twin does their own homework, assignment, or term paper
-50 if either twin fails to get an A+
-50 if by the end of the challenge the good twin has never been furious with the evil twin
-500 if your twins go to college and never max out their skills. You had plenty of time, shame on you.

Scoring is out of 100.  Challenge ends when the twins become adults. You may not use any aspiration or career rewards that the sim did not earn - for example, for the good twin to use an energizer they must have purchased it.

INFP or something
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Anything you can do... Challenge
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 16, 01:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds interesting. This might be different enough, and short enough, that I'd give it a try.

Automatic fail if the evil twin uses any method used by the good twin to gain a skill point. For example, if the good twin uses the bookshelf to gain cooking, the evil twin must use the television or learn through doing. If the good twin then gains a skill point by cooking, the evil twin is restricted to only the television.

I'm not clear on this - suppose the good twin starts to learn cooking by reading a book, and finishes out the skillpoint on the television - are both objects then verboten to the evil twin? Or just the one that the good twin *completed* the point on? If the former... if the good twin started from a book, and so the evil twin started on television at the same time, I guess that's allowed until the good twin switches? This sounds hard to keep track of to me.

+10 for each childish prank the child pulls - this can be anything from joy buzzers to dying the cat's fur green. Max of 50 points
If you allow made up stuff, like dying the cat's fur and call it a prank, JM or someone will turn it into auto-gimme because anything counts and it's subjective.

So far as I know, the only way for a child to have someone else do their homework is for the player to tell another child to do it for them, so it's really just a command you're saying the player should make? Also, I dunno about yours but my sims (mostly severely micro-managed) don't actually do their homework unless I tell them do. I don't think I've ever seen one do it autonomously - do they?

The same is true for the teen rule version, I think...

Unsouper
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Anything you can do... Challenge
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 16, 01:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not clear on this - suppose the good twin starts to learn cooking by reading a book, and finishes out the skillpoint on the television - are both objects then verboten to the evil twin? Or just the one that the good twin *completed* the point on? If the former... if the good twin started from a book, and so the evil twin started on television at the same time, I guess that's allowed until the good twin switches? This sounds hard to keep track of to me.

It's whatever the good twin finishes each point on; if the good twin starts a book, and the evil twin gains skill points via TV, and then later the good twin skills on the TV, you've failed because the evil twin has now learned the same way as the good twin.

If you allow made up stuff, like dying the cat's fur and call it a prank, JM or someone will turn it into auto-gimme because anything counts and it's subjective. [/quote]

It is pretty much an auto-gimmie; I put it in there to make the stories more interesting to read, since I know those of you that are storytellers will come up with some interesting ones. For those that aren't, regular in-game pranks and so forth will qualify. You only need five, after all.

So far as I know, the only way for a child to have someone else do their homework is for the player to tell another child to do it for them, so it's really just a command you're saying the player should make? Also, I dunno about yours but my sims (mostly severely micro-managed) don't actually do their homework unless I tell them do. I don't think I've ever seen one do it autonomously - do they?

The same is true for the teen rule version, I think...
[/quote]

Exactly. I wanted the point to be that the evil twin doesn't do their work so the good twin has to do it for them. For college, you can just sleep your way through or make pledgies do it. I wish someone would make a hack allowing the same sort of interaction - instead of "influence -> do term paper" it'd be "influence -> do my homework", but for now, this suffices.

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: