More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:13:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's your biggest CAS family?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your biggest CAS family?  (Read 10157 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
What's your biggest CAS family?
« on: 2005 October 30, 08:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say CAS because I don't want to get confused by dead Maxis ancestors.  I mean extended, through the generations.  Of course, ya'll will answer however you like!

As the World's Slowest Sim Player, mine is only 12 members, but it's starting to get quite satisfying.  I had a birthday party for the first grandchild, toddler > child transition and used Inge's shrub to have everybody show.

That was way more fun than any of my RL family get togethers.  Cheesy  Because the shrub spits out Sims with their needs in good shape, the party lasted 12 hours.  The teenagers sat down to "hang out", the oldest siblings got to pal around with younger siblings they didn't know well because they'd left before the younger ones were born or adopted.

Sisters-in-law chatted up sisters-in-law.  Brothers-in-law found out the didn't like each other too much.

Everbody ate turkey!

The second generation is just starting to procreate.  I'd love to do this for every birthday...wonder how choppy the game will be when I get to 20. Smiley

How many people would you have to bring over if you did the same thing?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: What's your biggest CAS family?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 30, 09:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is the birthday party of a baby where no guests were actually invited. They were all residents at the time!

I've had parties with more than 30 in attendance!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 30, 09:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, oh my - Brynne!!! I would get nuts with this number of family members...Smiley.

Guiness record! - nobody can beat you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 30, 09:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite the feat considering you can only have 8 people in residence before the game runs a risk of exploding in a Big Fiery Ball That Is Visible From Space.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 30, 09:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Waiting for that to happen any minute now.
Life's too short to just keep 8 sims to a household. If you're gonna blow up, have fun before you do!

...and the more responsible Brynne wishes to make it clear that she does not endorse the stuffing of your sim-homes beyond the 8 sim limit...
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 10:04:19 by Brynne » Logged
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 30, 10:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is me and my boyfriend's family! I love this family very very much!

That's me and my boyfriend in the blue screen, we're married in the game.

That's my youngest son (i can dream, can't i?) Nathan, have i mentioned i adored men with long silky hair? he's the romeo in the neighbourhood, and i plan to never let him die or age, ever!

My daughter, the middle child, Alexa, currently married to Daryl Gregory, the grocery guy in Strangetown. I never thought he was a romance guy, but i really need his good looks genes, so i'm gonna curb his lust, hehe..

My eldest son, Elisir, currently married to Renee Andrews. They had a daughter, but..didn't turn out as I imagined..huge jawbones..oh my. but family's family, and i'll love her with no compromise.

current count : 9 people, including 1 unborn

just feel like sharing  Smiley

[attachment deleted by admin]

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 30, 12:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I thought you meant what's the greatest number of sims you put in a family in the CAS. Well obviously a lot of us have been nuts enough to do the 8 person family thing lol.

When I first started playing the game, I decided the townies were too damned ugly and their wasn't enough suitable marrying material so I made a CAS family of 8 adult siblings. And believe me, getting 8 adults setup on 20K is not easy. They were broke for a long time until I started marrying them off. Of course, by the next generation the whole town was related to each other pretty much. :O I guess I should have made them roommates.

I've really only ever gotten to the point where my original sims died and their grandchildren became adults. Got to that point with my first neighborhood when I nuked and just got to that point with the current one too. I'm also a slow player who pauses a lot and a multiple house player.

Oh and I've done the 30+ people party thing too. Gets real crazy but hey, it's a party. Smiley

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 30, 13:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I thought you meant what's the greatest number of sims you put in a family in the CAS. Well obviously a lot of us have been nuts enough to do the 8 person family thing lol.

Yeah, me, heh, that's my real family.  Me, my hubby, our six kids.  My oldest son is the only child that still looks like him and the born in game children all look like devil spawn except for his. 

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 30, 13:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing Brynne's party had 30 guests and only 1 toilet. Am I right?  Grin
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 30, 13:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha ha ha.
Verrrrrrrrry funny.
Two potties, thank you very much. Tongue
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 30, 13:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a pretty slow player also, so I don't have any big numbers to brag about; the Danverses are probably the biggest. 

CAS sims John and Jean Danvers had two daughters, Jane and Joan.  Jane married Georgia Bendett (daughter of CAS Sim Ransom Zoom and townie Marisa), and they adopted Justin and later had (via TOLAD) the twins Jan and Jen.  Joan's still in college and no kids yet.  So that's really only seven (John Jean Jane Joan Justin Jan Jen) or eight counting Georgia, or nine counting Georgia's CAS Dad, or ten counting also Georgia's townie mom.  I tend to get crazy whenever there are more than five people on a lot, so huge parties with family and friends are rare anyway!

DC

Nice thread.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 30, 14:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny how prevalent "J" names are with many of us...
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 30, 15:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had way more than 8 sims show up on a community lot.  There was some other thread where this was discussed.  Having one sim go out, I've had up to 18 or so other sims show up at the downtown lot in question.

If that's the case I don't see why you couldn't do this at someone's house.  Maxis is already going WAY over the supposed limit.

This looks VERY cool.  Will have to try sometime. (Making sure to back up first!)

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 30, 16:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Legacy-style neighbourhood started with 1 CAS sim in generation 1 - Adam.  I call it Legacy style because it's not a strict Legacy game, I'm not awesome enough to play a hackless game.

Adam had:
- 2 children (Bryce and Burak)
- 3 grandchildren (Crichton, Cahir and Cletus)
- 7 great-grandchildren (Denzo, Derek, Darren, Diana, Denham, Devora and Darcy)
- and the current E-generation is 8 great-great-grandchildren (Ellis, Emry, Ebony, Enoch, Edison, Emlyn, Ena and Emilia).

Yes, most of them are male.  Of the 20 babies born in this neighbourhood to date, only 5 were female, and I had to wait until the D-generation for the first girl.

The oldest of the E-generation is at college now, while the youngest of the D-generation is recently married and going to have his (only) child soon.  The A & B generations are dead, in the C generation Crichton is dead, his wife is just about at the end of her lifespan, and Cahir & Cletus and their spouses are elders, as is Denzo.

The families currently occupy 7 lots in their custom neighbourhood.  There are currently 27 living sims, 17 of these are Adam's descendants and the other 10 are spouses.  So far they've been marrying townies, dormies and NPCs; and 3 sims (Burak, Denzo and Devora) are the result of alien abductions.  I wanted to breed an alien line, with every male alien sim having an alien child.  Poor Burak was abducted many times before I realised that he wasn't going to get pregnant since Pollination Tech was one of his parents.  Now that I have NL I'll be able to make my alien line.  Ellis doesn't know it yet, but when he gets back from uni he's going to be doing some stargazing Wink

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 30, 16:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the only J_n name I have left to use in the Danvers family is June, so I'm hoping for another girl next!  *8)

(Jin and Jun would be fine (modulo spelling) for say a Chinese lineage, but the Danverses definitely aren't that.  Unless of course Joan were to find someone in college; hmm...)  Justin was a complete coincidence (they adopted him as a toddler, so the game picked the name); must have been Fate...

DC
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 30, 17:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legacy style neighbourhood (I have a lot of hacks in my game and I don't keep score). That has goten huuuuge.

The orginial sim was Alicia, she married the townie Amin
They had Bonita, Breanna, Brent, Brandon and Bradley(Twins my first set)
Bonita had Chloe and Corey, Breanna had Collin and Carole, Brent sired 10 kids for his family sim wife, Carisssa, Chip, Charlene, Calista, Cameo, Charlotte, Chandi, Chase, Clara, and Corbin, Brandon had Carlo and and Cale, Bradley had Connor and Claire.
So far in the D generation we have Chloe's kids:Doyle and Dorian, Collin's kids, Dorothy and Doreen, Corey's kid Damara, Carissa's daughter Daisy, and Chip's daughter Daryn
And in the E generation we have Doyle's son Edgar.

The A generation is long dead, Bonita and Breanna are dead, Brandon and Bradley are elders. Brent is still an adult because he and his wife were Elixer-o-holics in order to get those 10 kids. Chloe and Collin are elders. The youngest of the C generation Corbin is still a todler. Doyle is an adult and his brother Dorian is in college juggling 3 ladies.Dorothy and Doreen are both teens, Damara is a child, Daisy is a toddler, Daryn is a baby, Edgar is a baby.

And allll the sims in this neighbourhood are still related to Alicia, some so distantly that the game doesn't recognize them as related (so far I've resisted the urge to make them have fligs with distant relatives)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 30, 18:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I just resetted my game for the X time.  I took the time to prepare the 3 pre-made neighborhoods the way I like and created a custom one.  I like playing with multiple neighborhoods and mutiple families.

So I edited all the community lots all over my custom neighborhood (normal, University and downtown) that took me ages.  Now I have 6 families in which they all found a match for them and they are now ready to have babies and start the fun.

In the past I mainly play Pleasantview and the further I got was 3rd generation. 

I am tired of starting over all the time so my best bet to avoid this is to do frequent back-up so instead of resetting everything I start back from that point.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 30, 21:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne, I gotta tell you girl, the way you play your game just leaves me laughing.  Grin

The funniest things I've had happen are a repair person getting shocked and a toddler turned into child via SimPE who didn't transition properly.  (She kept the toddler height and floated everywhere.)

Yawn.

Your set ups are hysterical.  Grin

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 30, 21:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because 'J' names are patently awesome.  Tongue
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 30, 21:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why you got yourself two of them, TJ! It all makes sense, now.
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 30, 22:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

B-Got to ask...are you using a hack to keep everyone happy and just working on skills and going to work...because I can't believe 30 people would show up as selectable within the game? I am amazed at your daring style.

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: